The Dark Bounty Hunter

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by FREEWAY, Dec 28, 2006.

1. FREEWAY

FREEWAY Banned

History

The Golden Age of Cybertron is nearing it’s end. The Headmasters and Powermasters have come and gone. Many Decepticons have considered the actions of the semi-noble, Octane, the triple -changer who helped contain many skirmishes between both sides and even helped locate the hidden Quintesson base on the mining asteroid, Boraganon. After the 8th revival of the great Optimus Prime (reconstructed again after the death of HiQ), Prime himself, considered giving the Matrix of Leadership to Octane, who refused but was the first decepticon to be granted amnesty. While many Decepticons were angry at his refusal of the Matrix, other Decepticons had been changed for the good forever based on the triple changer’s actions. Galavatron, during the Age of Reason III (500 years into the Golden Age of Cybertron), gained back his sanity after having so many defectors and began his first ‘retirement’. It is during this time we find ourselves when Twintwist and Top Spin are given their mission to find a distress signal of unknown origin far beyond the Zelnar cluster near the edge of charted space.

Prologue

“I swear, Top Spin, I can’t believe this slag-trash of a ship has gotten us THIS far.”, TwinTwist barks while he continues to monitor the signal’s coordinates. “You’re not exactly appreciative of the nature of this ship, TwinTwist! Perceptor and the constructicons built this ship in our own image with the necessary equipment and the most up–to-date improvements since the “Rise of Hook” era! You have no right to complain. We even have energy extractors that can create Energon from nearby solar flares and nebulas! No, appreciation, absolutely no….”

TwinTwist interrupts, “Hey, T.S.! I think I found what we’ve been looking for!” They both stare into the view monitor which shows the depths of empty space with a few stars littering the edge of their periphery. TopSpin looks at his side console, “It appears as if the signal is originating from this spot…” “But there’s nothing here,” TwinTwist finishes his brother’s sentence. “I’m powering down to minimal speed of 2.6 Brinacycles”. They slowly approach what appears blank and black space, a reflection of time itself as if all they see becomes void.

TopSpin hesitates, “I don’t like this. It just doesn’t feel right.” He turns to look back at the monitor and realizes why Twintwist was silent. The stars have changed position. Nebulas have appeared where darkness was there just before. A lone moon half blasted from a long lost battle drifts within two E-Cubes away. The remains, of a large triangular ship with sharp fins sticking out the top, float right in front of them. It barely misses scrapping the tip of their ship. “How is… what are we....what is…I don’t…”

“Stop you’re stuttering, T.S.! This is it. Let me get out and I’ll take a visual while you gather data in here.” TwinTwist, gets up and walks towards the E2 (the Energon Extractor) to maximize his fuel for space maneuverability. TopSpin continues to mutter to himself, “I don’t believe it. I can think of a myriad of instances that might have created this phenomenon. Using my best theological ideas, we could have gone through a hidden visage nebula. It could possibly have been an intergalactic mirror phase, a worm hole or possibly a black hole. The possibilities could be limitless!”

Twintwist grunts, nodding his head at his old pal, hits the hatch button, drifts into space, transforms and slowly thrusts towards a large hole in the ancient ship. Top Spin had moved their ship 35 degrees and aft from the large space to avoid collision before TwinTwist had gotten out. “I’m going to have to use more energy than I would like on this one,” he thinks to himself. His optics takes in the magnitude of the dead ship adrift beside him. He then realizes the impossible size of the creation of such a starship such as this. “It’s ten times larger than the ark!”

“Keep your thought noise to yourself, Twintwist, this is serious. I’ll send you the best possible route to take at the largest entrance.”

“You can be everything you desire”

“Top Spin, what exactly are you talking about?” “I’m talking about the best route for energon efficiency into that monolithic of a spacecraft, that’s what!” “Slow down, T.S., I thought I heard something. You mean, YOU didn’t send any extra internal communications?” “No I did not, Twin! Are you hearing voices? You know that could be a sign of logging too much space travel.” “No, brother. That is NOT it.” The jumpstarter ponders the thought noise from before as he enters a large opening made from a war or battle eons before he was even created. He hears the voice yet again, louder and deeper this time.“Your want for rage and warfare shall be the breath of grief and enticement for your spark!” The craft’s design shadows all light, as if light cannot penetrate this vessel. He transforms faster than he’s even transformed with his rifle in one hand and a scanner in the other. He reads for any life signs, carbon or electron. All his scans are all negative. He thrusts in robot mode further into the ship until he’s completely enveloped in the darkness.

Meanwhile, Top Spin is doing the same scan, as his brother’s signature fades into nothingness. He feels guilty for making Twintwist angry, for he heard malice in his last statement. All he can do now is wait for him to come out.

More than a hundred cycles pass. Twintwist still has yet to come out. “This isn’t good. Four more cycles and the remnants of that moon in orbit will be too close for comfort”, Top Spin thinks to himself. He slowly moves the ship starboard at 3.5 Brinacycles. His optics does a double take. The ship looks like it’s swirling incredibly fast counterclockwise. His internal equilibrium fluids make him feel like he’s weightless. Then he realizes his dilemma. They came through the back entrance of a black hole, and now he’s being sucked back into it. Gaining his senses, he grabs the controls, turns the ship around and does the next best thing- fly straight into the center of the hole hoping he’s not crushed in the process. Going back through a black hole is a different story.

Chapter ONE

On Cybertron, Optimus finishes a communication recording to be sent to Rodimus on the Autobot settlement on the planet Callos. Which happens to be a planet similar to Earth closer to where Cybertron's uncontrollable orbit has finally stopped. Callos used to be rich in energon crystals the constructicons and the technobots have been mining, but after the past 150 years, the mineral is finally beginning to run low. Other Autobot settlements in nearby systems, with the help of allied Decepiticons, are finally putting most of their resources back to one purpose: survival, as the Golden Age begins it's slow downfall. "Raindance, send this message to Rodimus by way of the closest satellite for sight to sight transmission.” Optimus commands. “Verinancon is the closest moon, four leagues away. With that kind of distance, have Cosmos take you there as soon as possible!” Raindance transforms into his two vehicles and speeds for the nearest spaceport. Optimus’ attention then turns. “Perceptor,” “Yes, sir!” “How is your ‘experiment’ coming along?” “Well, since the extraneous sensitive nature of sizable super-structures, creates a variety of efficient expenditure of energon depositories. Of course, the micron special team forces have had positive results in the theory of possible larger groups such as themselves to populate on such a scale could have marvelous possibilities for our planet. Using experiemental spark extractors we could even put exsisting sparks into smaller transformer vessels for maximun energon consumption! It would open many solutions to the majority of our issues!”

“Believe it not, Perceptor, but I think I understand you for a change. With our numbers dwindling each couple of decacycles, we need more troops to do even the most simplest of tasks.” Optimus muses over the recent years. Perceptor remembers the Autobot’s demise, “Yes, poor Trailbreaker was found in Wheeljack’s old lab, sparkless like an empty vessel. No cause could be found other than disparaging lack of energon.” “Yes, that’s what troubles me, Perceptor. I may have to take council on this and let them know of your…theories and findings. I’m not entirely sure how they will take it. We've created armies of gestalts for millennia-cycles upon millennia-cycles, which consumed energon like human bread dissolving in water. We now regret the unnatural ways of our energon consumption. Your way may be the only way, despite the near spiritual nature of reformating, I of all transformers understands this! While it may not help us individually, it will help us all in the name of all cybertronians, decepticons and autobots to keep the matrix energy alive for generations to come. The council may have give some insight, but I can definitely say the elders will not like it. They are stuck in their old ways.”

“Yes, Prime, but while we are at the height of our diversity as far as scale is concerned, they have to understand downsizing all or any future protoforms being created by the Matrix has to be the key for our true survival for every transformers’ future.” “I agree.” Optimus turns away from the many monitors that adorn the wall panel at the center of Iacon, and walks towards the door. Optimus puts a hand on the doorframe as Perceptor speaks, “I’d like to make the suggestion to the council myself, Prime. Let me go with you.” “No, Perceptor, stay here I’ll walk there myself. It’ll make an impression even if I’m late. Please continue your studies into this matter”. The fellow Autobot simply bows as his leader walks through the door. The door closes and the most intelligent transformer stands alone in the center of Iacon with one thought, “How can we continue to plunder neighboring planets for when we, ourselves may all lose our sparks tomorrow?” He begins his walk to his laboratory.

Between elevator 72 and the Raz bypass near the city of Shevninbot is where a walking Optimus sees a little red plane flying 300 miles and hour towards his position. It seems to nearly divebomb extremely close to him, flies straight up for 3 miles in less than a second and falls down on his own two robotic feet with a pronouncement, “Optimus! Optimus! Cosmos picked up a message from the rescue mission from the Jumpstarters!” “Why does Top Spin always have bad timing?”, as Prime’s shoulders slump. His meeting with the council yet delayed again.

Chapter Two

“Are these reports accurate, Mirage?” “Yes, sir, Optimus. Kelmakata, Lu-del, and Griltz have all been hit by a band of… decepticons!?” Optimus ponders the weight of these scenarios. “Has Galvatron come out of hiding?” Mirage replies, “No sir, Octane has assured us, he has not. He still resides on his asteroid, Krasus, though we pretend not to know.”

“Good, that’s one decepticon tyrant we’re sure that’s not back in action for a while. Silverbolt, what the status of the other retired decepticons?” “Well, Thundercracker, one of the first dozen has been found, literally in pieces, scattered across the city of Lu-del. The other two cities also contained many other trusted decepticons; most have been found, similar to poor Thundercracker. The missing decepticons, including the Stunticons, a few Pretenders, and most of the Predacons, with the exception of Dead End, Shrapnel, Thrust and Rampage, could be the ones responsible for these outbursts, Prime.” “Great, do we need yet another triple millennia long war? DO we have ANY leads on who leads them or why?” Springer joins in, “Well, we have only one. A female autobot by the name of Klaren-ate-uh did get a visual on a fairly large transformer of extreme measure of dark violet and baby blue near the destruction of Griltz. She, for some reason, remembers his quite impressive wingspan, before landing in robot mode with feet large enough to crush Cliffjumper twice over!”

“Wow! I’d hate to be his cobbler supplier! Ha ha!” Optimus reprimands, “Enough Rodimus, this is no time for humor. Silverbolt, have your teams spread out and assist the Protectobots with these atrocities. Medical and technical assistance will be needed in those sectors and cities.” Silverbolt walks out from the command center. Prime continues, “Perceptor, Top Spin recently has given me the news of losing Twintwist on the wrong side of a black hole near Zelnar. The mission was a failure. Have Silverbolt add his name to the list of deceased sparks in the Cybertronian Chronicles. Make sure the rest of the jumpstarters know of his demise. This is not the time for more loses. Perceptor,” “Yes, sir?” “Now can I make my meeting with the council?”

Optimus finally makes his walk to the council, upon which they all stare at him from the upper level on the circular room, which is supposed to represent equality among transformers. Prime knows how very wrong this symbolism through all the hate thrown his way time and time again since his original formatting as Orion Pax. Life is not fair. All goes quiet as the door shuts behind him when he enters. Optimus stands alone in the center of the room. The council room consists of seven Autobots reconstructed a few times over since Shockwave’s long reign of Cybertron. They never individually complete a full sentence, but speak almost as one mind. “Optimus what troubles…,” “…You today,” “…that brings you here to us…” “…for council?”

Prime speaks in a somber tone unlike his own, “I have come to report the rumor of a decepticon matrix may very well be in existence, though I’ve sworn extreme secrecy to keep mute on this matter, with exception to the council.”

“What pray tell…” “…makes you think..” “…this second..." "..matrix..." "...could actually…” “…exist?”

“I believe it is the cause for the newest battles and the uniting the fiercest of decepticons. I have a missing Autobot warrior, and a new menace. The rescue beacon I had investigated could have been an old decepticon ruse. I had another ex-matrix holder have a satellite destroyed without giving any reason as to why. None of my peers have no knowledge of my theory or the probablility Twintwist is still alive and very dangerous. ”

“Then we suggest..” “…you use the largest…” “…and the most powerful…” “…Autobots to seek…” “…and destroy this creature…” “…that could harbor such…” “…an artifact, that rivals…” “…even Unicron.” “Perceptor’s experiments…” “…with downsizing of all…” “…future transformers…” “…shall be approved…” “…in time.” “You must follow through…” “…with this matter first…”

The council member, and tallest, to the left of Prime bends down low enough to look him in the optics, “before we are wiped clean off this planet. Remember Prime what we mentioned before your 'accidental' trip to Earth. Our existence, again, resides on eradicating this... reformatted 'bounty hunter', the Matrix's survival, and all of our futures. We may not be allowed to use any more energon sources just to sustain us, as a council, if our own fellow citizens die of war or worse. To help with the current dwindling energon crisis, we may allow ourselves to let the councils' sparks… “ “Go.” The one on his far left states the last word and points to the door.

Prime, this one time is shocked he’s been address by the council in the most personal way he has ever been address since bearer of the Matrix. He was equally suprised at their knowledge of Perceptor and Silverbolt’s protoform size reformatting experiments as well that a renegade bounty hunter is the cause for all this!
    He hears the door open behind him. He simply bows and takes his leave.

Timeline: (sort of my own)

Generation 1:
    Great War I
    The War Within
    Great War II
    The First Age of Reason (or the false truce)
    The Awakening (Earth) 1984
    Great War III (2005)
    Golden Age of Cybertron begins (2006)
    Octane's Works (2007-2566)
    Death of Daniel (2065 at age around 72- he stayed on Earth)
    Death of Spike (2094 at age 126-living on Cybertron)
    All Headmasters & Powermaster are deactivated (125 years into GAC, 2131)
    Prime's Spark returns (8th rebirth, 2133)
    Age of Reason II (2211)
    Rise of Hook the Autobot (2223)
    Second Age of Rodimus Convoy (2270) -as granted by the Oracle
    The Sending of the Fliers (2291)
    Age of Reason III (2367)
    Galvatron's mind returns and retires (2501)
    The Dark Bounty Hunter (2506)

2. FREEWAY

FREEWAY Banned

Chapter 3

Top Spin sits alone along a shiny alleyway by the city-state Twin Tylan, where two large spires reach towards the skies of Cybertron. Two more jumpstarters walk towards where he sits. “Ryndel and Spyran, I was wondering when you’d show up.” Ryndel speaks up first, “Yeah we heard. Twintwist is gone, and the battles seem to be starting up again. Another Alliance city fell earlier today, Trakorcon. I think it was the home of Swindle. He’s nowhere to be seen, yet another Decepticon was blasted past the end of his own spark.” Top Spin queries, “Who was that?” Spyran answers, “Sinnertwin!” If Top Spin’s optics could have gotten any bigger, they would have. “I don’t understand, if these are a band of Decepticons, why are they demolishing fellow decepitcons?” Ryndel pipes up next, “That’s what we’re ALL wondering.” “It seems whoever this is, is going around to the retired decepticons and if they don’t join, they’re pulverized!” They all sit and mull over their thoughts. Top Spin breaks the silence, “Well, they can’t complete Predaking, nor Abominus, Bruticus, Menasor, and Devastator is on our side now… those that went into retirement are either missing or strewn across the landscape. I’d almost say the old slag-maker is back, but he’s now Galvatron, who’s not left his hideout. We gotta find out who’s behind this.”

Spryan interrupts, “Well, Optimus has sent the Aerialbots and Technobots to find out more what’s going on. It's rumored Clampdown and Deep Cover have been sent as well. He’s not allowing any other troops to intervene in the fighting or investigating.” Top Spin stands up, “Well, then we’re going to have to do this ourselves!” He transforms, “Transform, and let’s try to see what’s left of Lu-del!” The other jumpstarters follow suit and fly out of Twin Tylan.

After a few thousand or so nanoclicks later, they make it to the city-state of Lu-del. All three jumpstarters, one blue, one green, and one violet transform in the blink of an eye by the now ruins. "To think, this was once one of the most thriving cities where a majority of the armory of all Transformer were made, overseen by Thundercracker. The financial investments were handled by Swindle in Griltz. Of course it was Octane and all the triple changers from both sides that helped transport the weapons, to all of the cargo among the Octnacons, all eight nation states. Even the Council and the Autobot Elders could find no fault nor malicious intent with the selling of the weaspons, considering Thundercracker was only in it for the energon to help further his retirement. And with the increasing amount of alien bounty hunters, everyone on all three sides needed weapons for defense.” Even before Top Spin stopped his monologue Ryndle and Spyran were going through the wreckage. Spyran finds the head of a fellow nameless transformer, with a message. “Ryndel, help me make an energon transfer to see what his last recorded entry was.”

“Hey, who are you? I don’t know where Thundercracker is…” They all pause to see if there’s any more, “Oh my, the negotiation went wrong, he’s…he’s creating a …a massive self-energon barrier blast! Run! Run… we’re all gonna…..” The transmission ends. They stand with barely any clues. They travel to the next best place.

3. FREEWAY

FREEWAY Banned

Chapter 4

He takes off the monitoring equipment after the little orange vehicle has stepped out of the regeneration chamber and monitoring equipment. The little car then safely transforms into his robot mode. “Wheelie, thank you for your assistance in this matter, your time has definitely been well spent.” Perceptor finishes, “Please inform Ultra Magnus and Fort Maximus, on Earth, of our plans for the smaller transformers to be transported again back to Cybertron as soon as possible.” Wheelie rhymes, “Will do smart-guy, I’ll be back, so make sure you don’t become too slack!” “Ha ha, I shall not, indeed.” He hands him a metallic pass card, “Make sure you give this to Tracks and Rumble for clearance back to Earth.”

Wheelie walks out when Perceptor hears on the over-com, “I need the chief technical scientist at my ready, now!” Perceptor hits a button on a local console and looks on the monitor, “Prime? You need my assistance?” “Yes! Come to my locked position in Shevaninbot pronto!” Perceptor makes his way to the closest shuttle port to the Raz bypass to find…

Chapter 5

Galavtron is standing among a his few elite Scourge, Cyclonus and Diaclonus with his golden cannon held at Prime’s upper torso. The city Shevaninbot is a beautiful city now home to the constructicons. The structures created just for this city on commission are the finest and tallest shining structures of all Cybertron. Even those not born to Cybertron all come to marvel and are lost in their beauty. Galvatron bellows, “Prime, by what right has the Council demanded retired Decepticons be bodily scattered over the planet, the Alliance calls home?” Optimus tries to ponder the question, “We don’t know what’s going on here either, Galvatron. We have top agents looking into this. The Council hasn’t ordered any given amnesty to be slaughter! You should know, it's not the Autobot way.” Galvatron decides to call Prime’s ‘bluff’, “From where I stand, the rumor is a Decepticon bounty hunter “Devon” has come out of hiding and trying to take my old place as leader of the Decepitcons! If this is true, I might withdraw!”

"Clampdown and Deep Cover have found some underground movement of some renegade decepitcons and one who calls himself Devon. How this top secret information was obtained by you is freighteningly amazing, considering I was just given this information recently. I'll admit my peers here have yet to know this information." If Prime could sweat he would. The Autobots around him seem quite puzzled and agitated. “Why hasn’t Perceptor gotten here yet,” he thinks to himself on a private channel. “Hold your fire, Galvatron, I’ve sent word for one of my chief investigators who should be in your favor to handle this… issue.” Galvatron sneers at Prime, looking down the barrel of his cannon. Optimus has a sense he’s dealing with the old Megatron instead of Unicron’s creation for the first time ever. galvatron lowers his cannon, runs to Optimus and throttles his neck, “I swear to you Prime, if these incidents ARE of Autobot original I shall PERSONALLY start Great War Four where you stand!” The Autobot guards around Prime are simply waiting for the order to shoot, to hear the great Optimus rally the cry once more with much anticipation during the pause of a silent fermata! “I swear on the Books of Primus, they are not.” Galvatron releases Optimus from his grip with such violence. Prime is knocked down to the ground. The autobot guards do not let go of their weapons, yet still in shock. Perceptor runs from the distant highway to Optimus and helps him up. “What took you so long!?”, Prime commands.

“I’m sorry, Prime, but I was delayed with more news from the Jumpstarters. I would have thought Top Spin would have gotten here prior to my arrival?” Galvatron, approaches Perceptor with high respect, “Indeed, science officer. What IS going on? Why are decepticons losing their sparks to the attacks!?” “Well, …uh, sirs, if I may, there have been extreme casualties on all three sides in all four incidents, well, five actually, counting the encounter on Callos Base.” Optimus looks grave, “How many!?” “Yes, Prime. There have five attacks in total. Rodimus was called back by your request just before it happened. This transformer's acceleration must be above the threshold of all transformers! It was Klaren-ate-uh at Lu-del and a few other survivors, mainly from Callos, whose defenses are marginally better than any armory stronghold…” “Get to the point,” Galvatron interrupts. “Oh yes. We have reports and now probable new evidence, this rumored decepticon Devon, is in fact, pardon me Optimus, one of our own Autobots.” “I knew it, Prime. I’ll gather all my armies back or simply kill you where you stand!” Galvatron bellows. “If you’ll pardon me one more moment, Commander Galvatron,” Perceptor calmly states, “Our bounty hunter is not functioning with all cynlinders sparking in the correct order, sir.”

Optimus sighs, hanging his head, he’s about to confess something when...

4. FREEWAY

FREEWAY Banned

Chapter 6

Top Spin, and his two comrades fly to the scene in flight mode, transform without notice just before hitting the ground, making the very planet slightly tremble. “Prime, I’m sorry we intervened in your investigation, but I had a hunch about this Devon character as described by Klaren-ate-uh. The Technobots also found an important clue, near Callos. Parts of Twintwist!” “Parts? What parts?” Prime asks, “Rodimus never reported on this.” Ryndel joins in, “That’s because it wasn’t found until we found it orbiting around Veranincon.” Perceptor receives a secret coded internal message from someone nearby. Prime walks away from this ragtag council to sit down on a column nearby erected for him by Scrapper bearing the mark of both autobot and decepticon symbols overlaying each other. “This can’t be happening…”, Prime put his right hand on his helmet. Galvatron walks eagerly towards his old nemesis, “WHAT can’t be happening, Prime?”

“OK, I swore secrecy to the Council, but it’s possible it’s been found. The cursed Decepticon Matrix.” Galvatron actually waits silently for Prime to continue, “It was rumored years ago there were two Matrix’s of power, one for each side. Of course you remember during the Second Age of Reason a decepitcon matrix was never found, and thus thought to be just a rumor, thus there was only one Matrix that was provided to us through Primus, doubling as a mantle of leadership and essence of all deceased sparks. We received a distress call from around Zelnar among the Unknown Reaches. I had Top Spin and Twintwist go to find the signal…”

Top Spin runs to Optimu's side, “We did! But the signal was actually being sent through the opposite end of a black hole! I just barely made it back, but I thought Twintwist was lost in that derelict humongous ship we found? Do you think he found it Optimus?”, Top Spin questions. “I’m afraid so, Top Spin.”

“So you think you can get away with finding a Decepticon artifact and get away with what SHOULD be rightfully mine, Prime!?” Galvatron yells nano-clicks away from Prime’s faceplate. “Galvatron it should not be rightfully anybody’s!”, Spyran speaks up for the first time. He gets to see the inside of Galvatron’s cannon up close and personal for the first time, a mixture of organic parts left from Unicron's imprinting with a premium transformer shell. Prime gets his attention back, “Listen, Galvatron, what if this really IS the Matrix Essence that’s possessed him. He’s one of our most lethal warriors, whose lust for war and battle nearly matches your own! If even he can’t control it, how do you think you could? I’d bet that ship’s destruction was caused by…”

5. FREEWAY

FREEWAY Banned

Chapter 7

The entire ground begins to rumble beneath their feet. One of the Sectaspires falls to the ground nearby with terrible destruction. “The constructicons won’t be happy to see this!” Ryndel tries to yell. The entire ground begins to break apart. The metal rips and tears like paper. A small silver spiral pokes up from the ground near Prime’s guard, while another pinpricks on the other side of Galvatron. They continue to become larger and larger every nano-click. The roar is deafening. Galvatron actually shows fear, and begins shooting at the very ground. Prime reaches for Galvatron and knocks him down in time before a very large transformer, begins to come from the very depths of the planet. And it continues to go straight upwards until its full form is realized. He transforms too quick for all to see it , as large feet thump the ground and nearly flatten out the cracks and repairs the ground in the planet itself, from where it was destroyed. The constructicons’ towers of all different makes and sizes sway dangerously all around them as another one of the six spires falls to the ground and breaks into pieces and the autobot guards scatter for cover. Galavtron even helps Perceptor gain his footing. Perceptor has and idea after seeing this new monstrosity and runs as fast as he can back to the transport out from the coming battle. The guards get themselves to their feet as the constructicons rumble along the ground ready to destroy the one who marred their works.

“Well, well, well. I see I’ve disturbed your little cub scout meeting this evening! HA HA HA HA!” His overlarge white feet almost make up for the huge white and purple shoulders and white forearms of this transformer. His violet wingspan is wider than even Omega Supreme! His torso is baby blue with slight green touches around his interconnecting parts. “I AM DEVON! SOON YOU ALL SHALL MEET YOUR MAKERS! HA HA HA HA!” Everyone covers their auditory sensors at the deafening sound. The constructicons begin forming Devastator.

Prime speaks, “Devon, I know you’re really my demolition expert, Twintwist!” “Ah, so. You’re the legendary Optimus Prime. We meet at last,” he speaks to all using an internal communication. Galvatron begins to shoot at Devon’s torso over and over again. “Simple little fool. Though you are in a new body, I recognize the very malicious essence of your spark! You could create a black hole and STILL not get rid of me, AGAIN, now would you! HA HA HA!”

Prime turns to Galvatron who stops shooting and steams with anger. Devastator waits for no one when he engages Devon in hand-to-hand combat. Prime yells over the battle, “Galvatron, what information are YOU holding out on ME?”

“Ugh…,” Galvatron grits his mouth plating, “Ok, when I was Megatron we DID find something a long time ago before the First Great War. We were in a decepitcon…” the ground rumbles around the the two leaders, and run for cover to a nearby structure. The autobot guard joins in the fray, and the jumpstarters transform and attack from the air. “...Ship, the 'Devon', it was called. It was also an original decepticon soldier and space-worthy craft. We were looking for…uh, raw materials. Something malicious was happening to all our crew and ship after we went past the Zelnar cluster. Soundwave, Starscream, and I and a few others were not affected, the rest of our crew, including Devon, turned on us. It wasn’t very pretty I can assure you. I helped us blast out of that destined wreckage, and created a Black Hole for Devon and the rest to be sucked within. It worked. I guess that departed idiot, Starscream left a distress message on an autobot carrier wave in hopes we’d get help. It was Starscream to helped get us all back to Cybertron in one piece. I have him to thank for my life then, and now our threatened lives now!” They cover their sensors again. Devastartor has Devon in a bear hug. Devon bends his right arm. A large silver crystaline drill comes out the back of his elbow joint and pierces Devastators chest plating!

Prime makes a decision, “OK, everyone concentrate your fire power on his right shoulder connection and his left foot!” Perceptor shows back up in a most uncanny place, in the middle of Devastator and the ‘Devon possessed’ Twintwist! He tries yelling to Prime to stop firing, nobody hears him, external nor internal communications. In each hand he holds newly developed spark extractors. He raises them high, as Devon’s gigantic left foot rises into the air and uses his right arm to deflect of barrage of attacks as more autobots and decepticons join the battle against his massive scale. Then Devon feels a most unusual sensation.

6. FREEWAY

FREEWAY Banned

Chapter 8

The battle is over. Galvatron and Prime have come back from the Council chambers. Galvatron sighs, “So the bounty hunter who decimated my old comrades was an Autobot, but not an Autobot. And Devon has been contained forever. I guess this means the search for the Decepticon Essence continues, eh, Prime?”

“Not on your spark, Galvatron,” Prime says, “For like I said there’s only rumor. If there ever had been one, it was decimated when Rodimus used the Matrix against Unicron.”

They all look down at two golden boxes housed with electrical energy. “So one of these sparks is my old friend’s Twintwist, right Perceptor?” Top Spin asks. “Yes it is.” He hands over one of the boxes, “I believe this is his. We can start his reformatting and restoration as soon as possible and place the other into the Decepitcon renegade archives. We might be able to have Twintwist be the first of a new line of autobots!” Top Spin shrugs, "I don't know about thatk, but let me see what you're talking about first, Perceptor."

The constructicons stand by the now empty hulk adorning their once beautiful Shevaninbot . They look to both old leaders, autobot and decepticon, for instruction, confused whom to acknowledge. “Galvatron you’re free to return to Krasus, if you wish. The constructicons will use the remains of Twintwist’s reformatted form to rebuild their city. No charges have been pressed by neither faction.”

Hook looks to Optimus, “It’ll be our pleasure to take thing apart piece by piece!” Scrapper even comments, “Our work is a momument to, and will be, of this wretched enemy!” Optimus pats him on the back, “Ha ha! Then make it so!” He walks off with Galvatron and each of their faction guards follows in escort. The jumpstarers last hear Galvatron inquiring about spark extractors and the whereabouts of the decepticon renegade archives housing another transformer named ‘Megatron’.

Epilogue

“Well, T.S.,” Ryndel says, “at least we can take his name off the books as being one with the Matrix!” Top Spin replies, “Yeah, that's true. Perceptor was wondering about maybe having him being of the first downsized line of transformers. Hey, Spyran, help me find the schematic for his body structure in the archives, would you? We can go from there.”

“Hey, Top Spin,” Spyran laughs, ”you know we’ll all help to put him back together again! Twin Tylans wouldn’t be the same without Twintwist!” They all get a laugh. But is the laughter from the spark extractor box Twintwists?

-THE END

Final editting for name correction (The misuse of crossing Galvy's & Meg's names), place name, and some typos. Filled in some more explanation for Devon's history as well and Optimus explanation how he came up with his theory, and what the communication to Rodimus was in Chapter 1 explained in Chapter 2, and some more action between Devon & Devastator. -Sorry. This story would have been MUCH longer, but I tried to keep it abrieviated from my original story I had come up with. *Note: I tried to keep in continuity with the old G1 cartoon as much as possible, and trying to remember who died in the Movie. Thundercracker living, was by error, but I kept him in the story for his skill set for the city's purpose. I even tried to put some Beast War and Beast Machine references here as well, (should be pretty obvious), yet I prefer the origin history as presented by the Marvel comics from the 80's better than the cartoon's version, so... in case you're going... huh? Remember, it's a FICTION for a fiction. And when it comes to Transformers... anything goes!

Thanks for reading! I might even come up with a story about the resurrection of Megatron...(beast war, Megatron's first cybertron appearance...) I fell like I've opened a can of robo-worms! Ha ha!