2D Artwork: The Cybertronic Bestiary Page 21

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by ZacWilliam, Apr 12, 2012.

1. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ay mates, Outback here again! I know we just missed the Earther celebration of Easter, but I thought you blokes might want to see these bonza little bobbles anyway. They do a vital job in the system-depths of Cybertron, but are also cute enough that you'll find the little beauties on Transformers colonies from Alpha 9 to Omicron Recta.

I give you, Petro-rabbits:

[​IMG]

-ZacWilliam, Ravage needed a friend. :) 

Attached Files:

2. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher jerk to storytelling

News Credits:
    Awwwwwwwwwww~

Cute :D 

3. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

Perfect. I especially like the Ravage look alike playing with it. This makes me curious, you've already done Steeljaw, will you illustrate the wild forms of other cassettes?

4. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

I love this series!

Question? Did you ever make a page 1 & 2?

5. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks. :)  I think they definately have just a bit of "anime mascot" vibe without (hopefully) being too unrealistic or cloying. That they trail black oilslicks and roll like Marble Madness balls through filthy pipes probably helps a little.

I've been tring to work my way through Cybertronian animal species that have been officially named but unpictured in canon before tackling those that we've seen, or who may be Mechanimals that have been upgraded or may be normal TFs simply possessing non-humanoid shapes. If that makes any sense.

Given that movie Ravage (and Laserbeak and so on) have now been confirmed in canon as Mechanimals that have been upgraded to sentience gives me more of a feeling that treating them that way in G1 would work decently as well. So anyway, yeah, I'll likely get to them all eventually.

In fact there's a very good chance one, albeit an obscure one, will be on page 22.

Thanks a lot. Really glad to hear it. :) 

Here's the story: I was trying to picture the project as a real book of sorts in the TF Universe from the begining, so when I did the first Turbofoxe page I wanted to leave room for the sort of introductory stuff you find at the begining of the book. So I numbered it Page 3 to leave room for an introduction essay to come before the start of the entries. At the time I never suspected I'd go this far with the project and it would really start to feel like a gap.

I actually do intend to do them eventually. Probably soon. Ideas have started percolating.

ZacWilliam, the trick is to make it feel like the kind of Introduction essay you get in nature books, but still work in enough pictures in pages 1 and 2 that it's not a terrible wall of text.