2D Artwork: The Cybertronic Bestiary, Page 15

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by ZacWilliam, Mar 6, 2012.

1. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Folks seemed to enjoy page 14 of the Bestiary when I posted it a little while back, which was really great to hear and definately made me excited to keep going. :)  Page 15 is now ready for viewing.

Today mates we travel to the beautiful windswept and sun-scourched highlands at the foot of the Manganese Mountains to see the storied Pneuma-lion and the tranquil, blind as a boltbat and dumb as a post Sheepacron

[​IMG]

as a kind of a bonus here's an earlier concept design I did
    working up the wild "Crag Hammer" version of the Sheepacron.

[​IMG]

These are both up now on the Bestiary's devinatart page (with references) too. Here: The Cybertronic Bestiary by ZacWilliam on deviantART

-ZacWilliam as allways I'd really love to hear any feedback. :) 

Attached Files:

2. SuperboyPrime

SuperboyPrime Well-Known Member

That is incredible man. You definitely have a watcher on DeviantArt. A Cybertronic Bestiary is an awesome idea!

3. benclark1982

benclark1982 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    very nice. love the concept of Cybertron having more than just the robots we have seen before, nice inclusion of stealjaw as well, keep them coming.

4. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks guys. :)  it's great to hear folks liking them.

I decided to use Steeljaw because we already had some cassette animals confirmed to be actual wildlife in canon. And we've also had animals confirmed as being adapted into full TFs by Bots and Cons. It's an interesting line with robotic life forms, where you can take a non sentient mechanimal and upgrade it into a sentient Transformer as part of the war-effort.

It was really the image of the Energon crystal mane shielded inside the armor of Steelhaw's stylized metal mane that made me decide to draw the link between him and the pneuma-lion from the Club stories. I just liked the idea of him being rebuilt and armored up to that extent.

-ZacWilliam, the awesome manatronatee from the Allspark Allmanac is tempting me to feature it, but I'm not sure I could make it anymore awesome than it is just by existing...