2D Artwork: The Cybertronic Bestiary Page 14

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by ZacWilliam, Feb 27, 2012.

1. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think I've posted these here before. But a year ago I did an extended art project that I'm now reviving.

There have been scores of Cybertronian Animals mentioned in Transformers fiction throughout the years. The G1 cartoon was full of references to Cybertronian fauna (usualy via bad "pun" style adaptations of Earth animals; "Ant-droids" and the like) but they show up in lots of other places too, from the original toy/character bios to text stories and comics. The thing is, reletively few of these referenced animals have ever actually been given canon visuals.

The Cybertronic Bestiary was my attempt to flesh out Cybertron as an ecosystem and the TF universe in general by imagining what these creatures and their environments are really like. It was a fun exercise in imagination and design. In many cases I tried to make them close enough to the Earth animals that you could see where the names came from, but unique enough to be interesting and not just "metal mice" or whatever. I enjoyed doing it so much I eventually worked my way through all the anibots/mechanimals listed on TFWiki.net and so the project wound down.

Now, a year since the finish, I put all the drawings up on their own Deviant Art Page. In doing so it resparked my interest and since a score of new Cybertronic wildlife listings have been added to the wiki since, the Bestiary has begun to update again. This is the first new page.

Here's the newest page:

[​IMG]

If you're interested, I'd love for folks to check out the first 10 pages (with references to the animal's canon sources) at the Bestiary's new Deviantart page here:

ZacWilliam on deviantART

-ZacWilliam, and if you like please leave comments and feedback. I love to hear what folks think.

Attached Files:

2. misternewuzer

misternewuzer Predacon Secret Police

Dude thank you. About this time last year I was doing the same, scouring the wiki for cybertronian fauna to see what they looked like ("what the Hell is a turbofox?!") But to little avail. I haven't looked yet but based on what I see here I'm gonna enjoy your dA.

3. shapercreator14

shapercreator14 Terrorcon

News Credits:
    Very creative I like it!

4. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These are so fasinating and well thought-out. Great stuff!

5. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Lurvely

6. Screamingjet

Screamingjet Well-Known Member

This is AMAZING! This needs to be made cannon!

7. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks everyone for the kind words. :) 

-ZacWilliam, I love the creativity of working on these. Started page 15 yest.