The customs are screwing me...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yigal, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    I bought the holy grail of my Masterforcecollection on a website in the States. Bound by law they put the entire amount of the payment on the package and sent it with USPS Express to Holland.

Now usualy that means 3 to 5 workingdays and I have my Package. After 2 days the tracking says: "Into Foreighn Customs". So i think ok, it takes another day or 2. But nooooooo, the freaking Dutch customs have my package over a week now. And nothing happens. What are those Schmücks doing with my Transformer??? Have they never heard of Express mailing??

Do they do this crap to in other countrys??

2. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

beat them with a sock full of refiried beans,it works most of the time but probly not this time, thay just get things done slowly most likely. or thay are a bunch of lazy( chatters in unknown toung) morons!

3. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

Heheh, reminds me of a funny story. My advocate ordered a Koran, now she's on the "watch list" at her local post office, which means they can open anything they deem "suspicious." The package it came in actually had some sort of seal that said "Inspected by Homeland Security," or something along those lines. She's contemplating ordering a bunch of naughty stuff, so when they deem it suspicious; surprise!

4. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    Oh man, just you wait until you get the customs bill.....

See, this is why I rather pay for the flight and accommodation for a BotCon and buy+ ship the items home myself. It actually comes out CHEAPER than shipping and customs and stuff. Grr. :( 

5. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Which item is it yigal? This happens to me all the time stuff is always stuck in customs for 1-2weeks

6. Yigal

Ebay:
    I'm sorry, but i go to every Botcon in Holland and the never have decent Masterforce transformers. Or they have, but only ones i already have. If i would go to a Botcon in Japan or the USA, that would cost me thousends of dollars. That realy isn't an option.....

Black Zarak :cry 

7. Yigal

Ebay:
    They finaly sent it to my house.... 165 dollars taxes....

The realy screwed me.

I am happy to say that they left the contence alone. :D 

8. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad to hear you got it in the end, but "ouchies "at the tax!

9. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    we have the same shit here, anything cover 80 I have figuerd out cutsom takes. They then add the writen value and add fees. Ill give you an example.

You buy a 200$ mib autobot car, Seller marks it for 200 as he must( most dont phew ) and shipping is 25 = 225$

Cutsom takes it and add 25% not only to the 200$ but they add the fee on the shipping price to. so 1,25*225

and THEN they add a small fee about 100SEK ( 15$ ) that is administration fees.

leason: send it EMS and write value down. Stupied darn fees.

10. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

We get that crap over here at times. Randomly for me it seem's, it takes ages then turns up saying I have to pay VAT (17.5%) of the item value, and then charge me a handling fee ontop. How they get away with basically charging me for the honour of them charging me in the first place I'll never know...

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    If you ever figure it out, please tell me! It does seem random, and I cannot see why tax has to be charged on the postage. But it's all money to them I guess.

Also, when I get stuff shipped from overseas, it frequently does seem to spend more time in the customs office than actually shipping from A to B. Last Christmas, I bought some Classics for a Christmas present, but thanks to customs hold ups, and Parcel Force not delivering when they said they would, I had to pay customs twice - once for the actual customs + handling, and once for the Saturday delivery, because that was near enough the last day they were delivering before Christmas.

Had my parents not done that for me, I'd probably have insisted they give me the Saturday delivery for free, due to the timing and their failure to provide the service I'd paid for. But hey, water under the bridge. Like you, I'm just happy my Transformers arrived, customs fees be damned.

12. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    So true. I got a job lot of Hasbro reissues a few years ago for a total bargain price (15 MISB reissues for $150 + $50 shipping or something) and customs let that one past, despite the fact that a) he put the full value one, b) it weighed a ton, and c) the box it was in was bigger than my apartment pretty much.

But still they charge me £30 customs for a Leader Brawl. Go figure?

13. Yigal

Ebay:
    I always ask people to mark down packages. But some people and stores just wont do it. Say it's illigal, bad carma, and all that crap. It's just insanity! If you don't ship insured, it just doesn't matter howmuch the contence is marked.

I have friends who go to the states and asia and put like 20 transformes in a case, mark it Toys, Gift, wathever for 30 dollars a case and borderpatroll says: "ok". It doesn't matter anyway howmuch the contence costs to them. They're just looking for a quick buck. Bureaucratie realy stinks.