Customs: The Custom Gobot Thread

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Satomiblood, Jul 9, 2009.

1. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

whoa, that twister gobot's pretty cool on its own

2. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-general-discussion/235674-custom-go-bot-mini-vehicles.html

So far, I am proud to say I've completed 1.5 Go-Bots based on Autobot Mini-Vehicles (Minibots). Sort of.

My first, Bug Bite, is based on me acquiring a 1986 variant post-rub Bumblebee (w/ no rubsign), reinforcing the weak spots in its (black) undercarriage with G2 parts (where able), then swapping in a yellow Cliffjumper head. To finish, I added a Reprolabels Decepticon rubsign, and used metallic (and glossy) black paint on his chin (making an evil goatee) and the rectangular crest at the end of the ridge on his helmet (as with the rubsign, an homage to Bug Bite's sunroof). Right now, he looks like a rubsign Bumblebee from a distance. {I just find myself wanting to do more, like add gold accents to the trianglular indentions on his helmet, or add silver/chrome to his bumpers, or paint his head- and taillights!}

Herr Fiend is complete, construction-wise. He uses the Hubcap body with the leftover Bumblebee head from the Bumblebee used for Bug Bite. All I need to do is paint the yellow parts black. From there, I'll want to add a Decepticon emblem (sticker or rubsign) to his chest, and see if I can get white racing numerals decaled for his feet/hood (once I decide whether he should be #32 or #64).

I have a Pipes body ready to be converted into Staxx. A shame my plans to mix and match Huffer and Pipes parts didn't work out.
    I have a Tailgate ready to convert into Zeemon. All he needs is some arms.
    I have an extra Beachcomber ready to add to my G2 BC parts for Buggyman. Problem is, I'm becoming sentimental on my original Beachcomber. Plus, the new one came in the mail with 4 flat tires. (I am so not joking.)

My suggestion for anyone wanting to make a Psycho ("Future Machine"), use Wheelie. If you can get someone to make a copy of his windscreen in translucent blue, you will be in good shape.

3. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Here's a few of mine. First pic, Energon Storm Jet into Snoop. Mirage into Slicks (I based it off a real Indy car like the Hasbro guys did for Fracture/Crasher), Movie Armorhide into Road Ranger based off his e-Hobby incarnation. And my own Bugbite cuz I couldn't afford a real one. Also, cuz I had an extra Cliffjumper anyway. Second pic is Fitor made from Ramjet. 3rd pic is Fitor's vehicle mode before I clearcoated it, showing off the chrome on the wings.

I'm planning on making a Bad Boy from Universe Powerglide (easy-peasy repaint, I know) and Twister from Energon Bulkhead.

Attached Files:

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I really like that Fitor. Good stuff.

I've got a Slicks on the backburner myself.

5. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

I just wanted to lay down an update to keep this thread alive.
    I have recently picked up 2 Beachcombers with the plan of using at least one of them as fodder on my Buggyman project. (Both have 4 solid tires, in spite of some cracking. Both also have no Hasbro copyrights, nor "DUNLOP" tire badging, make of that what you will.) The bad news is, I've misplaced my Ziploc bag of (already owned) mini-vehicles, including the G2 Beachcomber that was to be my source of orange thighs.

6. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

Gobots are fun!

I just thought I'd post pics of my Cy-Kill custom I did a while ago for any Gobots fans reading this thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you guys enjoy!

7. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Longview into Pathfinder, the head was close to the gobot version of the character so i left it. the visor trim has been touched up from the pics in the gobot base
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I know the deadline is this upcoming Monday (May 3rd), but is anyone participating in Sector70's Gobot Challenge?

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

The entries for Sector70's Gobot Challenge are up. A few Radicons - including yours truly - are participating. All of the links and info are at the top of the first post.

10. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

Here's a little something I tried a little while ago...

I started trying to do a Jigsaw by customizing an Alternator Grimlock to a Ford Mustang Police car (believe or not before the first movie came out) but I destroyed the toy while working on it and never got back to it.

Alternators Tic Tac

11. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    this was a fun contest, and there was talk of making it a yearly feature over at S70. I had a ton of fun making Tux.

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I'd love it as an annual contest. There are just so many possibilities.

13. Brunkion76

Brunkion76 HE>i

A few thoughts.......

I was toying with the idea of making a Vanguard out of the ROTF scout Rollbar, and a Stinger out of ROTF scout Breakdown w/ a TFTM Real Gear Longview head. Maybe sometime down the road.

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

So what is everybody working on?

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I have something cooking on the drawing board right now that I'm pretty excited about. It may be a while until I get to it, but I'm still pretty excited about it. At least in my mind, it rocks :D  I just still need to continue to tune things :) 

/spoilers

:D 

16. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Not really gonna work on it, but I'm gonna use the upcoming Highbrow toy as Bolt instead.

17. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

LOL

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    This is a good find. Ive been working on a scorp out of tftm scorponok. pretty easy, but my paint skills aren't great, but decent and gets the idea across....I'll post pics soon...

19. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Cool, let's see it.

20. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I thought I was gonna be the first for this Fitor custom. Oh well, Ramjet isn't cheap enough to get for this stunt, so I'm thinking of using chromed wings from Generations Dirge on Generations Thrust's body. Not sure what to do with the leftover Thrust wings, but I may save the Dirge body and black it up to do that test shot Ramjet that was in the news recently.