The Crow- Reimagined, Relaunched?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by jorod74, Dec 16, 2008.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From AICN, sad news:

I like The Crow (1994) well enough.
    Now the sequels, burn them, erase them and go from there.
    but this is just sad to me.

2. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    HORRIBLE NEWS!! The first film is my favorite movie to ever be made ever and is perfect just the way it is! It's also the only good televised Crow thing to ever happen. Brandon Lee gave his life to make that piece of art - and now they want to rape it? If they think they can make a decent Crow sequal that doesn't suck, then I say let them go crazy with that, if they can actually achieve making a Crow sequal that isn't shit, then cool - I can be impressed. But a REMAKE - I mean even if they manage to make a decent movie - it won't matter because I'll have a tremendous grudge toward the fact that they felt like the original classic film needed to be changed, and if it sucks, then I'll be pissed that turned greatness into fecal matter. They need to stop with all this Crow shit. They made a tremendous film in 94, and they've tried to cash in on that with 3 more films and a tv series in the last 14 years and none of it's been successful in the least, won't they get the hint and leave it alone? Let the 94 movie stick out as a great movie and leave it alone.

3. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

I'd rather have the Sandman, thank you.

4. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Even though a remake is the last thing that needs to happen and while I've only seen the first sequel which wasn't terrible but wasn't great and a bit of the tv show, I think they definitely should leave well enough alone. One thing though is if it is remade I hope that the Skull Cowboy is included this time, I know there were some scenes that were cut from the original that had him included but I guess if they want to make it a bit truer to the novel that would be a good place to start.

5. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Not so big on the idea of a remake. The first sequal was alright, but I'm not a fan of the other two. I did like the television series though.

6. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

The TV series suffered from a low budget more than anything else. The first movie was really bleh. I'm not sure if it was just the concept that's weak or just that it was poor adaptation. But I did not like it much.

7. Frank Horrigan

Frank Horrigan YAR! I be posting!

I liked the movie but I absolutely adored the music. I can't imagine a Crow movie outside of the first and it's incredible sountrack.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    The first Crow movie was fucking superb; Absolutely love it. The sequels were pathetic and the TV series was average at best, notable ONLY because Mark Dacascos is extremely cool indeed (go watch Brotherhood Of The Wolf if you don't believe me. Actually, go watch it anyway - it's an amazing movie).
    The very idea of a Crow remake makes me want to find the rocket scientist who shat out such a stupid idea and vomit on them until they drown in it.

9. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just what we need... another generation of goth kids dressing like the guy from Crow. It's bad enough with that stupid vampire movie.

10. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Clearly put there to discourage us already... I don't think even Norrington puts that on his resumé!

Anyways, back on topic... Why can't people just leave The Crow alone? Seems every couple of years someone's gotta mess with the franchise and pull something crap out of the bag. I'm hoping this gets shitcanned soon, and we can all sleep easier...

Besides, who the fuck could play Top Dollar other than Michael Wincott?

[​IMG]

11. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I liked the First Crow film and never bothered to watch the sequels. Not sure why their making a Remake.