The Crossovers Appreciation Thread 2010

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GreenCream, Oct 13, 2010.

1. GreenCream

GreenCream Well-Known Member

It seems that Crossovers gets very little respect compared to other aspects of the Transformers franchise. Well, we're here to make others buy them! :D 

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

The funny thing is, that 'effect' was actually made when I bumped my arm mid-shot :rolleyes2 

2. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Y-Wing to Clone Pilot:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arc-170 to Clone Pilot:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think they're nice, but I haven't gotten any of them, cause there's really no spot in my collection for them. Still, there are two of them I'd love to get some day(for kitbashing purposes). Sadly one of them has been out long enough that it's hard to find, and while the other is on it's way, I have a bad feeling I'll never see it at retail...

4. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    ^^^ I've got the same problem. I'm running out of room, and can only afford so much more space to add another collection. That, and not too many of them appeal to me. However:

[​IMG]

This guy gets the exception :p 

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not too much a fan of the Star Wars ones. The ones with the especially human head sculpts throw me off the most.

Marvel Crossovers Hulk Tank, on the other hand, is pure love. One of my favourite TFs, period.

6. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I posted these in the Cool Pictures thread, but I figure this place is a good place to post them too. I might take more pictures next time, depending on college work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This figure is really fantastic.

Attached Files:

7. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    I have a few Marvel crossovers...I would buy more of them if not for the weak paint app

8. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I've posted this in a couple of other threads before, but I do like the toys in it :) 

[​IMG]

I also have Boba Fett, but it's dreadful, and Wolverine (brown version), but I don't have any pictures of him atm.

9. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I really like this shot of Darth ComicGuy89. Good job. :thumb 

10. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I love me some Hulk. He was my first Crossover. Since then I picked up Yoda.

[​IMG]

11. Seeker Lord

Seeker Lord Well-Known Member

I got Captain America (hummer) and Hulk (green tank ver) at KMart on clearance for $4.50 each and like both. I'm a "Hulk Smash" kinda guy anyway.

12. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    Thanks, I greatly appreciate it!

I think Crossovers are better than people give them credit for...maybe not mainline TF good, but certainly not as horrendous as the hearsay would suggest. One just has to sift and pick the right ones.

I really hope Hasbro stops it with the current Iron-Man craze in Marvel Crossovers and give us other characters.

13. Blot

Blot Terrorcon

Ahh, good thread.

I've got a few. My gf gave me Venom and I really like him. I was never really into Marvel comics (except TFs), but we got into watching the old Spiderman cartoon ('94-'98) a while back and I liked Venom a lot so she surprised me with him one day. His car mode is sweet, his head sculpt is awesome, his transformation is challenging, and he feels pretty solid.

Star Wars-wise I have the Vader Death Star which I got around last Christmas at TJ Maxx for 20 or 30 bucks. He's a great toy all around--very fun. Awesome lights and sounds, great detail, fun accessories, iconic alt-mode, iconic character, etc., etc. I also have the original Vader TIE (w/minifig) who was a gift and I really like him too.

Recently I picked up Yoda during a BOGOHO sale at TRU a while back and I find him to be fun (haha how could anyone pass up a transforming Yoda?!?! :tongue:  ). I also got the Luke X-Wing at TJ Maxx for 7 bucks--he's ok, not as bad as I've heard, but I'm also glad I didn't pay full price.

Oh, and I got Grievous (starfighter) and Magnaguard in one of those bonus two-packs on clearance that were basically single carded figures glued together, but sold for a single price. Two figs for the price of one clearanced was pretty sweet--and they're decent too. Grievous is probably my second favorite character from the prequels so that helps (Maul being my fav.)

I have been thinking about grabbing an Iron-man one to fight my Venom--I'm thinking either the sports-car one or the Hummer.

14. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i love the Marvel Crossovers. Don't like the SWTFs, except for the Millenium Falcon and Death Star.

but man i love me some MXO's :) 

15. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I have quite a few Crossovers, Marvel and SW. Personal faves include Hulk-Tank, Spidey-Copter, Cad Bane, Battle Droid Commander and Y-Wing Anakin.

16. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    I really liked Spider-copter (more than the Iron-man jet he came with). Could you elaborate about what you think of the Battle Droid?

17. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I really want that Death Star now...

I like the IM jet in the two pack more than the Spidey Copter though. Planning on getting it in WM's colors ;D

I like the occasional Crossover. For Star Wars, if it's a vehicle design I like I'll get it (LOVE my Grievous Wheel Bike :D ) and if it turns out to be a bad figure, I'll probably sell it (like Palpatine). Marvel I go for more on the character than the vehicle. Still trying to get a Venom/Carnage :D 

18. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

For marvel crossovers I got the wolverine jeep, the captain america hummer, and the venom car. Wolverine is my fave, with cap a close second. The venom car is okay but kinda weird. I also got the Ironman/spiderman two pack. The spidey chopper is decent, the ironman is kinda lame. On the Star Wars side I god the arc 170 clone pilot, the y-wing clonetrooper, and the republic dropship thing. The arc 170 seems to be the tightest of those, though proportions are all outta wack. (he was a gift) The Y-wing I got for the the y-wing mode to go with my old action fleet y-wings. The bot mode is okay, but not great, though proportions are much better. The gunship looks good, but is a horrible figure. Everything is loose and floppy, parts fall off all the time, and he looks really weird. Overall the marvel ones are much better and I love them, the star wars ones are only really worth getting if your in for the vehicles. I must add that every single crossover I have bought was at some kind of sale price. I just can't justify the full retail price for the level of engineering you actually get.

19. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ahhh, Crossovers. They are hit and miss with me, but there aren't enough misses for me to stop buying them. I only wish they'd make more Marvel villains. With just Carnage/Venom, it's like all these heroes have no one to fight.

Anyways, here's my Crossovers display:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also have, but are not pictured:

Clone Commander Cody
    Clone Gunner
    Darth Vader (TIE Fighter)
    Human Torch
    Iron Man (Flying Wing)
    Spider-Man (Black Costume Motorcycle)
    Spider-Man (Black Costume Car)
    Wolverine
    Wolverine (X Force)

20. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Well, barring the fact that his forward shoulder movement is blocked, he's very articulate. Fully articulated shoulders and hips, bicep swivels, wrist swivels, double-jointed knees (with the bottom one having side-to-side movement so you get the benefit of thigh swivel and below-knee swivel), ankles and side-to-side head movement. He's also got three guns which he holds very well and they can all be stored (the smaller guns on the bits which block his shoulders and the giant gun on his back which mimics the aerial on the droids). His butt-kibble can get in the way a bit, but thankfully it doesn't mess up his balance too much (it's mainly the double-jointed ankles that fuck that up). He also rolls well. The only real problems are the aforementioned shoulder blockages, the kinda weird head (why is his mouth skewed?) and a kinda tricky transformation - it's that kinda thing where you have to line the limbs up just right or nothing clicks together.

That's a bigass paragraph.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010