The Cool Kibble thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Gilgamesh, May 30, 2011.

1. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I think it's safe to say that most TF fans frown upon kibble, as it's obviously often a product or bad design or lazyness on the designer's part. However, there are some figures that use it in creative ways, and certain designs we can't even imagine without the kibble that is now part of the character. Take the seeker design, for example. The giant plane wings are part of Starscream as much as the canopy chest. This thread is to discuss these figures in your collection that use their kibble to great effect, and that -in your opinion- would look worse without it.

Some of my favorites include...

Beast Wars Transmetals Scavenger: this is a very agressive looking character, and they kinda left the Ant legs there in his arms. You can pose them in a multitude of ways however, and I think they make him look pretty badass. He would look a bit dull without them.

ROTF Mixmaster: He looks very cool crouching, hiding behind his shields. It's cool that they're on balljoints so you can rotate and position them however you want; you just have to be careful with the truck wheels under his arms, but even they are extremely poseable.

DOTM Sentinel Prime: I don't have this figure yet, but from the reviews I've seen it's very nice how most of his backpack splits and articulates to form a robotic cape. They could just have let it hang there (like his voyager incarnation seems to) but they added proper hinges and balljoints to align the various panels and make it look elegant.

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Door wings are badass. RtS Jazz, Universe Prowl, and even Movie Bumblebee can rock them.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Guess it's time for me to plug the BW Depth Charge, and the kibble that not only holds up his wings & allows him to stand, but that also lets you hold him like a gun & fire pizza from his chest in robot mode.

4. Bumblebee028

Bumblebee028 Technobot Prime

News Credits:
    Rotf Jolt's wings folding up in the back under the hood on his back is pretty sick.

BB28

5. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

ROTF Voyager Megatron's tank kibble forms into WINGS. Enough said.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    TM Tarantulas' kibble is the best kibble.

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And for all the complaining about Big Convoy's shell-formery-ness, there's something to be said when every piece of kibble on him holds a concealed weapon. Well, except the mammoth legs on his hips. Those are rocket boosters.

And yes, big props to RotF Mixmaster. Definitely one of my favs from the movie lines. The toy really conveys a great sense of personality. Kinda this skulking, spidery thing. Since his bio retains the mad chemist traits from his G1 incarnation, he's like an even more freakish Igor, or something. He looks great "cowering" behind his shields, and then, when you think he's harmless, *BLAM*, giant cannon in the face.

8. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Word, they harken back to the original G1 Autobot cars. The Datsuns (Prowl, Smokescreen, Bluestreak), Jazz.

Gives their silhouettes a very distinct look. I personally never understood why kibble was always viewed in a negative light.

9. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Clicking on this I was going to say, "Scavenger", but you already said him. XD

Anyways, I like the way Energon Insecticon's bug legs pop out of the back and over his shoulders. They even put little guns on them. Really cool!

10. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Armada Unicron's shell pieces are pretty damn nice when you put them on right. They make some sexy wings if I do say so myself.

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meh. Those are the definition of annoying kibble, for me. They look nice if you can get them propped up. But they're not all that secure, and flop around really easily.

12. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I actually liked the side legs on mosquitor from Beast Wars. I also really liked that Cybertron mold that was a dump truck where the bed would turn into a backpack of missiles. That was a cool use of the kibble.

13. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    ROTF Bludgeon, I love the way every single piece of tank on him does something to complete the Samurai look

14. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    I know the door wings count as kibble to some but I can't get over them as being part of the figure's basic profile.

15. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Animated Leader-class Bulkhead

It turns into a damn chair.

16. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I know some people don't like the hip kibble on the MP or Alternity seeker moulds, but I think they make decent sword scabbard which rather fits the Japanese origins of the line.

RotF Ransack's upper wings make for a decent cape, too.

17. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Well I'm not entirely sure on the Armada Unicron but I have the 2010 Unicron Dominator and the trick with that one is that you don't push them in all the way so they have a little more resistance so they don't flop down as much.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Pretty much all of Animated had cool kibble.

19. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Certainly not a popular choice, but I'll defend Henkei Megatron's giant 'M' wings 'til the day I die.

If I were so egotistical, I'd love to have a giant ass 'Q' shadow me everywhere.

20. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Bulkhead.
    It turns into a fricking chair.
    EDIT: DAMMIT. I got beaten to the punch.