the contradictions with the fallen and sentinel prime's battle's with optimus

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Aug 16, 2011.

1. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

What has always bugged me since watching DOTM, is how strong sentinal was compared to the fallen when fighting optimus. You see how sentinel was this close to killing optimus before megatron attacks, he could have kiled optimus in Washington yet optimus crushes the fallen in 3 seconds.

The fallen was hyped has this demi god of transformers maybe I am wrong there, maybe it was optimus combining with jet fire made optimus that much stronger. But how every attack sentinel hits really does over power prime, was it sentinel's shield that did give sentinel the upper hand, and that huge sword.

But what also makes it more confusing, is how easily megatron even from behind shooting sentinal, then attacks sentinel and rips sentinel to pieces in 15 seconds. Yet optimus very much has a hard time stopping sentinel

So what does everyone else think? on the contradictions between sentinel and the fallens battles with optimus?

2. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Dude! don't try to rationalize the final battles in these films. you'll just hurt your head.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    The Fallen was vulnerable to nothing but Primes. Sentinel is just really tough, but still vulnerable to everything that can kill a Cybertronian.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

First, there's this.

Secondly, The Fallen was never much of a fighter anyway: The dude was a GOD, he always had pawns to fight for him [I.e Megatron], and the times he DID fight, he had those mumbo jumbo powers to help him, which rendered him sloppy on a close-quarter combat.

The Fallen spent most of his lifetime sitting on his ass while Megatron did the dirty work, he was decaying and out of practice in warfare.

Sentinel Prime, however, was a Prime on his right, he taught Optimus everything he knows right now [and given that movie-verse Optimus is unstoppable, I wouldn't underestimate Sentinel], Optimus owes everything to Sentinel, his mentor [the fact that Sentinel was Optimus' mentor also makes the fight more balanced to Sentinel: He knows Optimus' fighting style, HE TAUGHT HIM THAT, he can predict every single move of Optimus as you can see in the movie].

Sentinel also survived the Purge Of The Primes, something that instantly makes one a badass [given that only TWO out of a whole freaking Dynasty survived]: Being a Prime meant being the main target of the whole Decepticon army, being alive is one HELL of a feat.

He also acted as leader of the Autobots, that gives him some credit.

5. megatron6661

I agree, but the fallen should put up a better fight. I just get a little annoyed the fallen did not compared to how sentinel was handled. Sentinel is the ultimate prime, and you can see his fighting skills are always 2 or 3 steps ahead of optimus

6. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

I think that originaly fallen was as strong as he claimed. But millenia of loosing energon wealened him. Its like draining blood from someone, you become weaker.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Only Primes can kill THE FALLEN, Primes can be killed by anyone else, though.

Also, when Optimus fought the Fallen, he was super-powered by the Jetfire parts. Y'know, that guy who can create wormholes whenever he wants.

8. HAIL_KING_PRIME

HAIL_KING_PRIME Well-Known Member

;) 

9. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    the thing is that Jetfire gave Optimus the Enough Power for kill the fallen, but Optimus was not merged with jetfire when fought Sentinel

from tfwiki

10. megatron6661

Yea just has I thought.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That "joke" kinda falls flat on it's face and dies since there is no contradiction in this case.

12. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

I wonder about that only a Prime can kill the Fallen statement. It sounds more like TF folk-lore than anything. Kinda like how that dude in 300 was a self titled God-king but all he really was is a really big guy with a huge army.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Rather, it seems Primes are invulnerable to the Fallen's telekenetic attacks.

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    But The Fallen IS a god. He really can't be defeated by anyone who doesn't have the spark of a Prime.

15. megatron6661

My knowledge on transformers history is quiet rusty, but was this statement in the films only prime's can kill the fallen? or was it in the cartoons is well? I am sure this was the case throughout transformers history

16. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Only in the film if I well recall, The Fallen was a very obscure, comic-only character in TF lore before ROTF.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Only the movies stated that, as the concepts of Primes being anything more than a title wasn't established until very recently.

In the movie, The Fallen never once uses his telepathy on Optimus, and Optimus just breezes through his floating stone barricade.

18. HAIL_KING_PRIME

HAIL_KING_PRIME Well-Known Member

threads about possible contradictions in a bay film

19. megatron6661

Hahahahah I agree, that is bay for you. We can pick apart loads of plot-holes in bays transformers trilogy

Bay seems to have a boner for the prime's LOL

20. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    1.The Fallen was killed by powered-up Optimus

2.Sentinel seriously started kicking Optimus's ass only after cons' ships weakend him.