the constructicons , devastator a possible hulk homage ?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Jun 23, 2008.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

people i've been giving this one a bit of thought lately

when it comes to the constructicons in general they are comparitively speaking a group of super intelligent construcion engineers of sorts who posess the ability to combine to become a singal amalgamated titan like super warrior whos intelligence is what maybe all of 6 if that even

now when it comes to the whole intelligence and lack of said intelligence and the whole purple and green colorscheme is it just me or could one in a certain manner of speaking look at devastator as being a homage of sorts to the incredible hulk?

2. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

hmm perhaps, but the only similarities are really the color scheme, with hulk's green skin, purple pants, and devastator's greenish hue and purple connector parts.

I personally thought that as a concept, the constructicons were (conceptually) the ideal gestalt group. Collectively as a team, they're master engineers (trypticon, perhaps megatron) with unparalleled capability to build, create, and construct. The irony is that combined into a singular form, they form a robot whose sole purpose is to undue everything that is built, created, and constructed.

banner is smart...but the hulk isn't really the direct antithesis of banner, whereas Devastator is the polar opposite of the Constructicons, as a team.

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

devastator smash

that scene from combiner fight between defensor and devastator from the war within the dark ages pretty much says it all if you ask me

oh great now i got this fanfic idea stuck in my head about a transformers avengers sequal in which megatron experiments on the constructicons to create devastator while juicing the big guy up on hulk derived energon

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No.

damn near every big decepticon is an idiot of varying degrees - especially the combiners. now, if the rest of the combiners (three of whom who have intelligence ratings ranging from 1 to 3, and the absolute smartest of the combiners is a 5, a tie between predaking and monstructor) were smart, then you'd kinda be on to something because he'd be an exception. but no. he's stupid because he's a combiner.

and as stupid as Devastator is, he's still smarter than the Hulk was back then.

5. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I think you have too much time on your hands if your coming up with stuff like that.

6. Sideways

Sideways Banned

Devastator>Hulk

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    this is what most of his threads are like...

8. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

What is with the obsession of homages everytime something is vaguely similiar? I don't get it.

9. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    No. That is all.

10. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Very easy. Human minds look for patterns. Some patterns are better than others.:wink: 

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I doubt it's a direct homage, but it's a comparision I never thought of before. Kinda funny.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Eh, I don't see it. Big + Green + Purple + Mean doesn't instantly equal Hulk homage. Now if they combined into Devastator whenever they got a big angry, and had no control over it, than I could see the connection, but as-is, there isn't enough similar between the two for it to make sense.

13. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I think it is a homage to Barney and Baby Bop. They are purple and green too and when combined form Barney Bop.