The Construct-Bots 'Look what I made' Appreciation Thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by unicronic, Aug 5, 2013.

1. char_leigh

char_leigh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Custom Sunstreaker Custom Insecticon Custom Construct-bots

Custom Sunstreaker
    Custom Insecticon
    Custom Construct-bots
    by Lou B. (" char_leigh ")

Originally, I wanted to make the IDW Comics duo of Sunstreaker and his pet Insecticon "Bob." But Bob the Insecticon has a pretty unique design that seems impossible to recreate with Construct-bots pieces. So, I opted to just make a generic-looking Insecticon. Thanks for checking this out. ~Lou

Attached Files:

• 0.jpg
      0.jpg
      File size:
      319.5 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      713.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      588.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      741.5 KB
      Views:
  2. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally this line died for me when the first figure I got broke twice. Can't take that from a building toy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

Damn Char-Leigh, your builds are amazing, bro.

4. char_leigh

News Credits:
    Custom Construct-Bots Rodimus Prime

Custom Rodimus Prime
    Custom Transformers Hot Rod
    Custom Construct-bots
    by Lou B. (" char_leigh ")

My first attempt at making a Custom Rodimus Prime from Construct-Bots pieces was over two years ago. Rodimus Prime has always been one of my favorite characters, so I decided to give it another go at making a Construct-Bots Rodimus Prime. So, here's my latest attempt.

Once again, thanks for checking this out. Also, thanks to the previous members who've left feedback or comments on my previous builds and customs. As usual, it's greatly appreciated. Thanks! ~Lou

Attached Files:

• 0.jpg
      0.jpg
      File size:
      359.8 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      991.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      942.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      814.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      771.8 KB
      Views:
  5. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    now, the only thing is missing is figuring out transformable figures XD, maybe try to make great vehicle modes even if the robot modes suck(at least until one gets the trick and become able to make both modes look good)

6. Rafael_Oliveira

Rafael_Oliveira Oliver Raf Studio

I had a pair of wings from a junker KO RID Megatron lying around. I had no idea what to do with it, when I realized the pegs fit with my Construct Bots Elite Megatron just like a glove.

[​IMG]

I just needed to cut the piece in two separate parts, make the pegs longer with some epoxy, hollowed the screw ports to fit the wheel pieces (since the original wheels of the figure had been disassembled long time ago)and voilá, a set of wings from a Megatron to another Megatron!

[​IMG]

He also can use the same dual-sworded weapon too, which can combine with any “C-Bots” parts.

[​IMG]

Transforming into a tank/car is ok, but still testing some different combinations.

The good thing about the parts: it has the same color pallete as the toy, so no repaint needed, well, maybe just some restoring on the golden tips.

This is still a WIP. Since the joints of the figure had loosen over time, the figure isn’t solid as before, and the wings just make him a lot more backheavyier now. Soon I’m planning to buy another Elite Megs to improve the build and, who knows, make the rest of the modes like the original RID toy.

Stay Tuned! ;) 

Attached Files:

7. char_leigh

News Credits:
    Those wings look AWESOME on Megatron! That's brilliant! Looks equally great on both the robot mode and vehicle mode!

8. char_leigh

News Credits:
    New 2016 Custom Construct-Bots

Here are some of the newer custom Construct-Bots I've completed this year. Thanks for checking this out. :)  ~Lou B.

Attached Files:

• 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      733.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      728.4 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      783.6 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      838.3 KB
      Views:
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      672.1 KB
      Views:
    • 7.JPG
      7.JPG
      File size:
      643.1 KB
      Views:
    • 8.JPG
      8.JPG
      File size:
      636.3 KB
      Views:
    • 9.JPG
      9.JPG
      File size:
      824.3 KB
      Views:
    • 10.JPG
      10.JPG
      File size:
      706 KB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      814.6 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      176.4 KB
      Views:
    • 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      741.5 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rafael_Oliveira

Rafael_Oliveira Oliver Raf Studio

C-Bots RID Megatron V2.0

As I promised, my extra Elite Megatron finally arrived from mail, so I can start updating the figure...

... aaaaand I managed to make the original six-modes! Well... kinda, since I need to interchange some parts (only the swords and cannons)to reach some of the desired modes.

You know, it's impressive the many possibilites those pieces can be connected. IMO, I think Hasbro should invest in making more different pieces to "make more wicked creations", (like the many different parts the most complex lego sets like Bionicle or Technic have) instead of making a one-way, different peg sized building sets they are doing now. It's like a self-destructing way to manage an interesting line, and I also think other people here think the same way about this.

Back to the subject, this is also pratically a review of my own build. Exposing all the modes, the good parts and it's flaws, just to correct them for a (possible) next update.

So let's start with the Dragon Mode!

[​IMG]

I know, I know... it's not easy to regonize because of the mashed colors of the pieces in the image. Not the best of the transformations at all. Maybe if I buy a AOE C-Bots Strafe and recolor it can improve the likeness of the original. But still, a nice try.

[​IMG]

Next one is the Bat Mode, despite the looseness of the RID wings (needed to use some objects to suport them open), I like the way it looks. Also, to my surprise, the "thumb piece" transforms into a bat-shaped head just right! Makes me remind of Ratbat.

(And yeah... the feet of both presented modes are huge to make the whole thing balance, and also because the lack of better parts for it.)

[​IMG]

In a ROTF-Fashioned way, the car/tank mode is an unstoppable armored BEAST! With spikes and dual cannons to destroy everything in it's pace!

(Wow, I got inspired to write this one.:D )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The downside of this mode is the back of the vehicle. Because of the C-Clips not holding tight enough to stay in place (a common issue of this line), it just gets a little unstable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The jet mode is my favorite! Looking like a Stealth Jet (also reminding Animated Megs' Pre-Earth mode), with all his weaponry stored under the wings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yup, I show here it's really possible to build his signature "Hand Mode", despite some artistic poetry needed for the external fingers.

[​IMG]

And finally the main event! The upgraded Robot Mode, now bulkier and in scale for the wing pieces. His big-grinned face just matches the awesomeness of his size. Armed and Dangerous, like a real Megatron should be.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now he just needs an powerful opponent to fight!

[​IMG]

Genius.

[​IMG]

To be honest, building longer thighs to make him higher was a pain in the @$$ due to the toy limitations, but I found a way to lock some parts together to make one solid piece.

For now, I will just make him stay like this in my shelf. Not discarding the possibility of improving even more the idea, just need to have the right time (and money) to put some more focus on it.

With that said, stay tuned for the next updates!:thumb 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

Char_Leigh and Rafael_Oliviera, your builds are remarkable. +10 internets to each of you!

11. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    I'm a little late to the construct-bots party, but finally got my hands on an ironhide and wheeljack from the line, and then there's this new part that Tresob from Shapeways made that really makes messing with them even more fun.

Love these little building block peg plates. But I don't have any extra construct bot frames yet to use them by themselves.
    If anyone else wants them. You can find them here. I've also got more custom work tied to construct-bots over on Toyark.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Isaac Hill

Isaac Hill Systems Analyst

I found a couple partial Construct-Bots at a flea market last weekend. Ironhide missing his head and back, and a jumble of parts that turned out to be Optimus missing his head, back, and front. I used some other parts to make fake heads, and completed them, though they no longer transform.
    Cbots.JPG
    The blue guy's chest plate is just held on by friction. The red guy's head was inspired by those large Go-Bos from back in the day, but might work for Repugnus' alt mode. I will probably not try that, though, as I am now completely out of Construct-bot parts.

• Like Like x 2
  13. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    i want more contructbots T_T

• Like Like x 1
  14. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just noticed Silverbolt came with a blue version of the sword from Optimus Prime, which was reused on Pretender Oilmaster. I was thinking it might look good with Pretender Gears, who lacks a melee weapon.

Did any other Construct-Bots use this sword?

71C47KH5TRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

TL-toy_Oilmaster.jpg FB_IMG_1590836140323.jpg

15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    The OP VS. Megs 2-pack included heaps of weapons, among them that sword type in transparent orange.

16. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, I mentioned it was the Optimus Prime sword in my post.

So I know of:

Optimus Prime: translucent orange
    Silverbolt: light blue
    Oilmaster: black

Plus there is a model of the sword on Shapeways in several colors. Red might be good for Pretender Swerve.

710x528_29429720_15781545_1572208542.png

FB_IMG_1590838591023.jpg

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  17. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Ah, sorry, missed that bit, I think they were the only occurrences of that particular weapon, the Katana bladed/Cybertronian Greatsword was everywhere but that one was the rarity.