The consoles have made me into 2 different gamers.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by seeker311, Nov 2, 2007.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    So ever since the time of Atari 2600, Ive played video games for the fun, graphics and other reasons that just got my attention. Even in this last generation of PS2 and normal Xbox, the only reason I got them was to play games, at home, and not even think about achievements, online stuff, or watching movies. But now..... Having the PS3 and 360 doesnt mean the same thing. Ive caught myself using the PS3 for movies and single player games, while the 360 Ive been using for music, online playing and achievement points. I have never had two consoles for different uses. Is this weird or more common than I think?

2. Scrappy

Scrappy smiling a blacktooth grin

It's real simple.

PS3 - over hyped Blu-Ray player.

Xbox/Microsoft - Fluent in online coding and able to give users a better online experience. Sure you have to pay to play online but when you can play 16 player matches on Halo it really seems worth it. Oh it also has games where the first has none.

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

You are part of the problem! ;) 

Great 9th post. Can't wait to read more!

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A BIASED OPINION.

Anyways, back on topic. The three consoles out right now are all radically different. Each has its pros, its cons, and many different uses. I own a 360 and a Wii. I'm not really sure how the PS3 works, and what it can do, so I can't just bash the hell out of it until I've tried it all.

And like you said, you used the 360 for online games. That's really the 360's forte at the moment, because the other two systems don't offer the amazing online experience that the 360 does.

5. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    I would have to concure with this. I own all 3 systems for different reasons. Wii being more of the "party in the box" I almost never play my Wii unless I am at someone else's house. Xbox360 for the online and those addictive achievement points and the PS3 is on Standby for RPGs (though the 360 is currently on duty for that with Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon).

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    16 player isnt anything to get excited about. resistance lets you do 40 player online play.

as for the PS3 "has no games", well, the stores seem to disagree with you. they seem to be stocking dozens of the things.

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I know what you mean.

I play the Wii more to relax, or to just mess around with the kid.

The 360 gets a lot of use at my house as a Windows Media Extender.
    It's funny, because my wife will still look for a CD to play and then she hears the CD she was looking for coming through the speakers as it streams off the PC and to the 360 and she is always surprised. I also like it that I can watch a video on it, but let my pressence be known if people jump online and want to play.

I guess I turn the Wii on because I want to play something, but I turn the 360 on to see what everyone is playing. I never really saw that coming.
    Also, Achievements are the crack. When I first heard of them I thought they were stupid but now I play games to get Achievements.

Am I supposed to bash the PS3 now? I am confused.
    Here goes: The Xbox 360 has three numbers in it and the Playstation 3 only has one!!!

I also prefer ham to bologna.

8. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I feel almost the exact same way but achievements do not scathe me I use the xbox because I love the controller for FPS and the arcade has some great stuff. As for my PS3, that is where all my adventure and rpg games go, I have never actually been online with it.

9. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Microsoft is ingenious for coming up with achievements. Who would have known a row of text that doesnt unlock anything could be so addictive?

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    try it in metroid prime 3 when the (stolen) achievement system actually unlocks cool stuff.

11. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Wait, Wii games have an achievement system? Or is it just MP3?
    Thats pretty cool. I like the achievement system on the 360, I got up to about 8/50 in Bioshock before my buddy needed the 360 back. Same with Flatout: Ultimate Carnage

It feels really good when that little message pops up to effectively say, 'you did good'.
    Sure beats a game over screen anyway :lol 

12. ShockWave_AZ

ShockWave_AZ Shock and Awe

News Credits:
    Just because you can play with 40 players doesnt mean that there is 40 people filling up every match. Halo matches are almost always filled up.

Why is this? Cause of the populatity of Halo and the 360. Even with the Red Rings of the Death people are still buying the 360s.

I think the PS3 is great, but will I own one? I dont think so due to its lack of game content.

13. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    MP3. there's gold, blue, green, and red medals. you get red ones for scanning an enemy for the first time, including bosses. blue for scanning log book entries. gold for finding really hard secrets, killing bosses, "stylish kills" etc. green are unlocked as friend vouchers by doing certain things, which you swap with somone over the 'net. when you recieve a voucher from someone else, it becomes a green medal. you can unlock art, game music, some other cool stuff like a bobblehead of your Mii in your cockpit, a screencapture option, etc.

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Keep talking about a system you admit you don't own (and obviously don't know anything about). it makes you look really awesome.

15. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HAI LOOK U CANT HAVE OPINION CUZ U DONT KNOW JACK.

That's what I'm seeing you saying here. He said lack of game content. Big deal. Maybe, in his opinion, the games are lackluster compared to the games on the 360. I have to agree with him. There are no games that would sell me on the PS3, whereas there were many that got me to buy a 360. It's great that you're happy with your PS3, but not everybody thinks like you do.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Who says I'm happy with my PS3?

I barely touch the thing.

and if I owned a 360, I'd barely touch that too.

17. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    I have all 3. I play games on all 3. I pretty much ignore everything else on all 3 :D 

18. Mr. Wholesome

Mr. Wholesome WWOD What Would Ops Do?

Ebay:
    The longer I keep working at Gamestop the more intersted I become in the PS3. I was a Sony fanboy up until the Xbox came out, and now I almost never think about the PS3 unless it's in the news. But a Sony rep came out yesterday and put some new demos on the PS3 and I'm totally stoaked to get one. Before that my decision was that I was going to wait for MGS4 to get a PS3, but now it looks like that in the next month I'll be getting one. And if Sony can pull off Home really well then they will have a lot more potential with the PS3. There is really nothing bad about the PS3, it just has a lack of titles. Sony has just become arrogant, thinking that no matter what they do people will buy their products. I think that the PS3 so far has been a wake up call and they are getting their shit in order.

The 360 has given the best gaming experience I have ever had and I'm looking forward to the PS3 to "expand" my gaming horizon.

So people need to get off their high horse and open their eyes to the fact that the PS3 is not as bad as they originally thought.

19. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    That, is awesome.

20. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

playstation 3 actually is not that bad how ever the sixaxis thing has to go, or be majorly improved. how ever, while the ps3 might be lacking games right now, it is also, how ever better in terms of backwards compatible, in not just games, but with controllers as well. straight out of the box. while the xbox, requires you to download content online. so, in terms of which one has more games, one might want to think of that. because, ps3, has, all of the PS1, and ps2, and ps3 games to choose from.

while i'm not really leaning towards getting one, i have played it, and i did like it, i am just leaning towards 360 at this moment because it has more of the games i want to play, also, but ps3 will change that shortly i'm sure. and they'll be even again or even maybe ps3 will become the superior system it was on with ps2.

to say that ps3 is only an over hyped blu-ray player to me is wrong, because it is capable of playing more then that, not only that but it is HD out of the box, too, unlike 360.

but in the end, it doesn't matter how the games look to me, or what system it's on, all that really matters is if the games are fun to play.

and only time will tell, which system has the best games to actually play.

and to me it counts more for 1 player, then online play.

online play is great, but if i wanted to do that, i'd just play online, on my computer, and not bother buying a system, so, it's to me not about online play at all, but all about, single player play.