The Conduit: An original FPS for the Wii

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gigatron_2005, May 22, 2008.

1. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Seeing as how the Wii can be great for the genre, it has seen very little in the realm of good, original FPS games. Hopefully we are seeing this change. IGN showed this trailer for the game last week. Sad thing is that this game does not yet have a publisher though.

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14248157/the-conduit/videos/conduit_trailer_051608.html

After seeing this, I must say I would like to see more! Im getting a strong vibe of Perfect Dark here with some National Treasure and Half Life thrown in there. So Im hoping that this game will end up being a quality product. The Wii needs some great third party games. Seeing as how Perfect Dark is one of my all time favorite shooters, Im hoping for the best with this game.

So any thoughts on this? I find it interesting that the game does not yet have a publisher. Hopefully somebody will take a chance on this game, although 3rd party Wii games have gotten the shaft in terms of quality and/or promotion. Im really hoping that this game might be big, but I hope that cruel reality does not set in as we see more of this game.

2. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Reason why?

Developer: "Hey.. We have this great idea for a game on the wii.. a mature game...."

Publisher: "Mature game on the wii! It won't sell!"

Developer: "Uh.. You don't have any to sell.. how do you know it won't sell."

Publisher: "Because we have sales to back it up!"

Developer: "N...No you don't.. you don't have a mature game on the wii!"

Publisher starts sticker their fingers in their ears, "Lalalalalalalala! We can't hear you! WE KNOW ALL! BOW TO US!"

Oh btw... Halo and GTA -are- casual games.. perhaps the -most- casual games in history.

3. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    :rolls eyes:

Right. That Resident Evil 4 and No More Heroes are fabrications on my Wii's mind. This game looks pretty good too; hopefully it will get picked up.

4. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

looks decent enough, baffling why no publishers picked this up.

5. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I think it's weird how it's all gameplay. Most of the trailers you see are just cutscenes or junk. It's almost like they've built this game, but without a story.

Kinda hope it makes it to the public. Kinda hard without a publisher.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    EDIT: Nevermind, got this game confused with another.

7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Intuition tells me that it will blow. But I have hopes for this game. It's about time that the Wii started getting some better third party games and less shovelware.