The Complete Takara Collection DVD Boxset Released in UK

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, here's a question than. Are there Region Free DVD Players that convert PAL to NTSC or do they not make those? Because, getting a TV over here in the states that can process PAL signals is pretty much impossible. Or, is there a device I can hook between the two? Sorry, all this mess is kind of new to me as I don't really have that problem when importing region free DVDs from Japan.

2. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    I think it'd be pretty pointless to manufacture a DVD player that's region free from the get go and not include a PAL/NTSC conversion as well.

However, depending on the player, the conversion can bring more or less satisfactory results, so having a display that supports both standards is the optimal way.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Okay, thanks. Wasn't sure if they did or not, but what you're saying does come off as a big duh now that I think about it. :lol 

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    You don't have a problem with Japanese DVDs because Japan also uses a variant of NTSC.

Another option is to play the DVDs on your PC, assuming it has region unlocking software such as AnyDVD from Slysoft or something similar. This method has the least effort and cost involved :p 

Even though Japanese G1 is a niche product, they will want the widest possible market for it, and that means adhering to local standards.

I've never seen the bad dubs myself - did Headmasters they have an all new english titles sequence with the Season 3/4 theme song?

Because way back in 2003, Hasbro's Armada site hosted a file they called 'Transformers_old' which was an mp3 of an intro I had never heard of before. It sounded different from the Rebirth intro, too. Prominently you can hear lots of Autobot laser fire, something large transforming and a helicopter flying by (probably Highbrow).

Any idea?

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No, the dubs all had the Victory opening theme and animation, and the closing credits had the traditional G1 Season 2 closing theme playing over them. If memory serves, the mp3 in question was the unique version from "Five Faces of Darkness," which had a bunch of extra noises and stuff in it to accompany the different animation in that mini's exclusive opening.

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Yeah, I just checked FFOD out. I've never seen that intro before (or just completely forgot about it).

I find it weird that FFOD's intro is much more competantly animated than Season 3's regular intro.