the comics should be more like the movies

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by binki, Jun 29, 2014.

1. binki

binki New Member

I saw aoe yesterday, and i wanted to read the comics. The problem is that the comics don't pull me in like the movies do.... I think its because of the movies having more action and the comics not having much action except for two or three parts where hot rod is shooting someone.... I think the comic books would be much better if they added in some more of that micheal bay style, and put more action and less parts where everyone is just talking:confused: .... do you agree? lets tell IDW that there should be more action and change the comics for the better!!!:D 

2. Silverdread

Silverdread Member

Read All Hail Megatron, or Last Stand of the Wreckers. They're a helluva lot more action-y and extremely gorey.

Keep the movies in the movies. The comics are amazingly done and do not need gratuitous violence to make them amazing. They already are.

3. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Rust Bucket

News Credits:
    Comics by who? IDW or Titan magazines (uk)?

4. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

No. Unlike motion picture, comic book action relies on narrative to give it excitement.

I can watch a martial arts fight scene on Youtube without context and enjoy it. I can't really say the same about reading a fight.

Besides, I like the comics just fine, especially in how they handle dialogue and violence.

5. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I get a distinct IDW influence from these films, especially the Earth-set comics.

I almost feel the filmmakers read them for inspiration.

6. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Hahahahahahahahaha. No.

7. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Definitely. What happened to Ratchet was similar to what happens to
    Sunstreaker, complete with a human ally finding their disembodied heads in the labs.

8. King Kaiser

King Kaiser BEARS!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

9. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

I actually agree. I stopped reading the comics because the bored me to death!

10. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm guessing that you might be a younger fan than many of us here, and I could be wrong, but were the TF films what introduced you to the TF franchise? If so I can understand your reasoning for preferring the comics to follow a more Bay-styled approach.

As mentioned above, there are some more action-orientated series out there that may appeal to you moreso than the current running comics. However there is a very different style of writing and producing a comic book, compared to a film. They have different narrative structures and what works as a movie, won't necessarily work as a comic book, and vice versa.

The IDW comics are currently very popular with most of the fandom, and are telling their own stories. If you want more movie stuff perhaps check out Reign of Starscream, and the other tie-in movie comics. I don't think the majority of this fandom would agree with you in changing the direction IDW is taking their part of the franchise.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    But the movies don't have god tier characters like Swerve or Whirl.