Customs: the combiner wars custom idea thread!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by marvel b, Apr 17, 2015.

1. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    so after a week of non-sleep mode and sleeping almost all of yesterday.....i wake up to find my spare legends groove head fitting snuggly in the shockwave mold.
    (i have no memory of that happening)
    since groove's neck is almost identical to warpath's, and in turn megatron's. people can custom their own combiner compatible, legends gun megatron!!!!

2. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Here's one I came up with recently: a Unicron Trilogy Decepticon combiner made of Wheeljack from Breakdown, Cyclonus from Alpha Brave, Demolisher from Brawl, and the existing Curse Armada Thrust (though alternate fifth member possibilities include Sideways out of Groove, Thundercracker from an Aerialbot, or Ransack from Groove) Also have Energon Shockblast or Sixshot out of Onslaught as I think the tank mode on Shockblast is a loose match.

3. marvel b

News Credits:
    okay, everyone remembers the idea "sins of virtue" said in the first page with air raid as leozack and dragstrip as jallguar? i think i learned the perfect way to do so!
    *partsforming included*

first, transform dragstrip into arm mode, but with the arms rotated above the wheel, the combiner peg out two click starting from robot mode, and separate the legs while looking like in robot mode,

imagine thigh parts that plug in to prevent collapsing and building up its size. next, replace the standard "toes" with missile pods that feature combiner ports (also giving him missile knee pods)

onto air raid, put him in foot mode with the combiner peg straght up, but with extended legs. rotate the legs 90 degrees sideways, then fold all the way down..

the way to connect these molds is by designing an abdominal slot port section, dragstrips port is inserted going diagonally up, while airraid's is vertically twards the front. this part is crucial, since it fills out the empty spaces in torso mode.

the next part is the neck section. it'll plug into the 5mm hole near the top, and it'll extend up and around the robot thighs, it'll have a section that goes in between to prevent the legs from moving in combined mode. the neck slot is a 4.5 mm hole to put hasbro's head on it,along with plugs that adapt to other neck ports, like superions and bruticus.

next is the arm ports. they connect to the arms and the wings at the same time. the arms must me closed in, and bent all the way in...the wings are moved out slightly to lower the extension,..the actual port slot are further back, so the arms have space between them and the wings,,,,,,,

i'll try to take pics of the exact positioning, but if done correctly, it'll be as tall a PE'd optimus, with the thinness of sky reign....

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    ^^Can't wait to see pics. I may do that once I nab CW Liokaiser if I feel like making him more G1 accurate and use the CW torso as a different character.

5. marvel b

News Credits:
    the pics are just to show positioning for when the parts are ready......i'm still in the designing draw phase......from the looks of it, i might have to thicken the leg parts and make the arm and waist connector a single section......gonna try to prototype from lego parts within days, though......it i find a passing recipe, i'm gonna try to make it into a 3D model for others to download and print.....

edit: and it looks like the single rib section is now gonna split vertically, due to the fact i want to cover some of the wing parts, and it'll conflict with the original designs.......man i hope a third party makes them....

6. marvel b

News Credits:
    crap....accidentally deleted the pics....oh well, onto ideas....

i'm gonna make IDW galvatronus at some point. here's how i plan too

first, convert my cyclonus into dreadwing, with new heads, chest armor to fit PE's kit, and some blue

acid storm from skydive and blitzwing from brawl is simple.....

astrotrain from g2 blast off with steam's nosecone will be easy

mindwipe will be the troublemaker.... wings and toes from AoE strafe, bat head from TM2 cheetor. purple and ?red?pink? to paint

the united theme is purple.......

7. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    So I had a burst of ideas for combiners moments ago and I want to share them because I'm bored and have nothing else to do today until nightfall. As anyone can see by my profile image they will of course know that it is Doctor Robotnik, the greatest scientific genius in the world! Sonic's arch enemy, champion of glorious mustaches, and bromancer of Doctor Albert Wily. So I just thought of what if the magnificent mad doctor got into combiner technology and spawned three ideas of how he would do it.

The first, and by far the simplest, is just taking several vehicles and giving them a uniform color palette based off his own attire. A tank (Brawl), APC (Rook), two jets (Skydive and Air Raid), and either a missile truck (Onslaught) or futuristic jet (Cyclonus).

The second idea is rather than Eggman being the sole character of a combiner it befalls to his officers, the Egg Bosses. This is a comic exclusive idea of Mobians who serve and fight for their self-proclaimed Emperor. In the interest of time I won't provide all the details of the Egg Bosses in this post but instead provide a link to which anyone can look them up yourself should anyone be so inclined. As for the idea itself all this promotes is more character based palettes and vehicle selection in comparison to Eggman's which is more uniformed as it would be exclusively designed after himself.

Egg Boss - Mobius Encyclopaedia - Wikia

The third and final idea I have is a mix between the Mega Man games and another Archie comic exclusive from the Archie Sonic & Mega Man crossovers. Early on into this series Sonic's companions were all captured and roboticized into serving the evil bromance of Doctors Eggman and Albert Wily. Eventually the heroes were able to restore their friends and defeat the doctors while also rebooting the comic continuity. In the sequel it was only Sonic and Mega Man that went through this procedure but like in the first series they were able to be restored.

Image of the Roboticized Masters here.

So to summarize this idea it's an advertisement of the standard robot masters from the Mega Man series and/or those from the comic crossover with Sonic becoming a combiner. Again, considering an overall list of both parties I'm not going to list specific ideas since that would take too long. While this suggestion would be hard to follow through due to none of the suggested groups use vehicles, except Charge Man, like with the ideas listed above the idea would be more of vehicles befitting the characters rather than the characters themselves.

8. marvel b

News Credits:
    landcross:
    wingwaver from silverbolt/scattershot
    dash from streetwise
    tacker from rook with steam's treads
    mach from UW brawl/g2 blastoff with steam's kits
    tackle from offroad/first aid

9. marvel b

News Credits:
    i'm stuck at walmart for another hour, but i HAD to post this...

so in a different thread, the topic maker asked what boxsets you'd buy. i responded a set i thought would be perfect to do.....idw–ish sky reign

sky lynx,with a more bright gold
    thundercracker with a brighter blue
    sunstreaker with a gold color scheme
    slugslinger from CW strafe
    legends cosmos
    i forgot who i suggested in the thread, but warpath from brawl seems like a common entry

10. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    I think I suggested it since I made a digibash of Warpath from Brawl.

[​IMG]

11. marvel b

News Credits:
  12. DrakkenZero

DrakkenZero Might Gaine... might not.

Ebay:
    I am thinking about doing this as well, but I want to give him a different cannon, one that can be mounted on his chest in robot mode. It's tradition, you know?

13. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    I don't know who did this custom (saw it on ebay) I'm guessing someone here will know - but you can see the Sky Lynx red tank leg red is Mr Wham Kablam, and they did really nice job with his head imo.
    If I had money to burn I would buy this custom, it's gorgeous.

EDIT: Is there a way to subscribe to threads on this forum, or does this board not have that? I went through all the options/user cp stuff and nothing worked so far.
    It's a real pain having to manually search for threads all the time. I'm used to having a nice list of subbed threads on other msg boards where I can just click through to the stuff that is relevant.

[​IMG]

14. marvel b

News Credits:
    okay, i'm a fan of dragon ball, and when i heard that japan is getting another region exclusive game called "fusions" i thought it was weird.....eventually i saw this...
    Maxi Fusion - Dragon Ball Wiki - Wikia
    and thought it would be an awesome concept for a new combiner team. the colors would be mainly orange, some blue, and possibly some tan or black, with the combiner head being blue with green spots.

.....i know i'm weird

15. marvel b

News Credits:
    excuse the double post......

anyone mind if my tank for grand scourge is red instead of aqua? i think it'll blend in better.

16. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    I think it's fine.

17. marvel b

News Credits:
    i think i figured out cyclonus' team!
    i plan on getting the tailgate head from venksta's shop if i can, and then i'll set this up!!!

cyclonus with the tailgate head and a white faux cockpit in combined mode
    medix from trailbreaker as the left leg
    skyfeather from UW strafe as the right arm
    heatrock from brawl, with steamshield's parts as the left arm
    rook as the right leg

the combined mode "GATE GUARDIAN"

18. marvel b

News Credits:
    excuse the double post

found another cyclonus combiner idea, based on tansformations and messups

skywarp from a jet mold (original body 1)
    bombshell from offroad mold (original body 2)
    snowcat from rook (armada's new body)
    krunix/nightstick from jet (mistakenly drawn instead of cyclonus)

19. marvel b

News Credits:
    triple post! oh my!

a quick team for botcon terrorsaur owners....

bw ravage from scattershot, to somewhat homage the funpub version
    bw inferno from dragstrip
    bw waspinator from a coptor or jet mold
    bw quickstrike from.....???

20. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

Wouldn't Inferno out of Alpha Blatex make more sense, as he had the Helicopter butt?

Quickstrike could be Offroad or Dead End