The Clones (poss spoiler I guess)

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Prime's Pappa, May 15, 2008.

1. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

For those of you who have seen the clones on Youtube - do you think all the clones will get toys, even the female SS or maybe just Skywarp and thundercracker. And do you think they will each get diff faces to show the diff personality traits of SS???

2. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

i think that sunstorm and skywarp will get there own repaint because of there drasticly different colors from starscream and the rest will be activators and maybe the female will be a deluxe

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think we'll get one or two of them as repaints of the Voyager mold, and possibly a couple of them as repaint sof the Activators mold, but I don't see all of them getting toy representations (at least not at mass retail that is). The Ramjet and Sunstorm one's are the two I'd most like to see be repaints of the Voyager mold, but are two that I don't see getting mass releases.

4. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I'd love a deluxe seeker mold.

5. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    This line is going to continue for 3 to 4 years.

They may be able to slip at least 2 or 3 as Voyagers, but the rest will either be Activators or exclusives (ie: SDCC)

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ill prbly try to buy them all and repaint them myself ^^ except for maybe the female one.

7. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    I figured that some would be exclusives.

I hope we get the female Seeker as a remold of Starscream at regular retail, though - she's different enough to merit a remold.

As for the others, convention exclusives spread out over a couple years doesn't sound too bad. They shouldn't be too hard to acquire for people so long as they aren't in Botcon sets.

8. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I think this has a good chance of how we will see all of these figures, if at all:

Retail:
    Starscream
    Sunstorm
    Ramjet

Walmart Exclusive:
    Skywarp

Target Exclusive:
    Thundercracker

Toys R Us Exclusive:
    Fem Seeker vs. Autobot Deluxe

Comic-Con Exclusive:
    Nemesis Animated Prime

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    hey, how many clones are there anyways?

10. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Well, we know Skywarp is in the pipeline already...

11. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be suprised if the male clones are Voyager sized and the Female is a retooled Activator.

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i think the seekers are Starscream, Sunstorm, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Ramjet, and the female-any im missing?

i know there was a G1 deco one-whatever happened to him?

13. thekryle

thekryle Well-Known Member

I bet the fem-bot will be in there. They'll want to cater to the girl demographic no matter how small it is. It would keep the little girls who watch the show happy and turn on their friends who see the girl robot.

14. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Some of them will eventually.

Keep in mind that Hasbro has to concentrate on others and can't always please the whims of a fan who wants them to do it his/her way. Every penny counts.

15. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Guys, enlighten me on something: Are the clones actually named eg Skywarp/Thundercracker, or do they just have the colourscheme of those characters?

16. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

And are we sure the Female is actually Female? And does she look physically different?

17. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, she's clearly drawn female (even more slender frame, shorter than the others, very feminine face and even has lipstick on her lips by the looks of it... her helmet is also noticeably different) from the YouTube videos of her. And Magmatron stated that her VA is a female numerous times when this question was asked in that particular thread. I assume that because you had to ask you didn't watch the YouTube videos.

My thoughts:

Skywarp: We already know he's coming to mass retail as we've seen him listed in store computers. So, he'll be the first recolor and a mass release.

Thundercracker: Normally I'd say that he'd be another mass release, but I'm betting that he'll probably end up more like a retailer exclusive or an SDCC exclusive (for some reason I just don't see Botcon doing these... could be wrong though).

Ramjet & Sunstorm: One or both will probably be mass retail and if the other doesn't get mass retail I'd say either a retailer exclusive or SDCC exclusive.

Female Seeker: Given how darned different she is (as I stated above) she really deserves her own mold. I'd like to see her get a deluxe mold myself as I feel that the Voyager Seeker mold would make her too tall and it's not feminine enough really for just a new female head.

Well, as far as I know none of them have been given their specific names and just have their respective colorschemes. The female seeker is said to have started referring to them by their personality types as she noticed that they each had a piece of Screamer's personality... Liar, Coward, Ego & Schemer respectively... which makes me wonder what part of Screamer's personality she is (of course, considering she ends up barking lots of orders -good ones too from what I've heard- she might be the only part of his personality that's worth a damned).

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  18. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Oh thanks a lot! Well at least there's still hope for the REAL seekers coming in in the future.

19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh, if you're refering to someone actually named Skywarp, Thundercracker, ect. (that's not a clone of Starscream) I wouldn't hold my breath. These seem to be the Animated versions of them. The characters will probably get more proper names in Season 3 as we know that a Skywarp repaint is already in the works for the toyline... so I'd say the toys will definently be named that way and the Seekers will probably get their names later (though it seems the group has all been split up now). Also, some of the CN guys stated that Hasbro has had repaints for Starscream planned for a long time in advance at Botcon... this is probably their way of working them into the show (and giving an interesting explanation as to why these characters all have the same body type).

20. Feral Magnus

Feral Magnus Well-Known Member

From what i've read from the botcon discussions, Skywarp is confirmed as a direct repaint of Starscream's voyager mold. Thundercracker was brought as a possible new mold (probably a deluxe). Those 2 and a possible G1 colored Starscream Voyager would most likely be released at mass retail.
    From what i've read, it seems that Hasbro thinks the line currently is too Voyager heavy which leads to more likely that a new Deluxe Seeker Mold will be created and used for the clones ( probably some, not all). But i do think that with the exception of Oil Slick, Hasbro is mainly focusing on characters that make appearances in the show as those molds would more likely generate sales than characters made just to get more toys on the shelves.
    I Personally think there will be only 2 repaints of the Starscream Voyager Mold: G1 color and Skywarp as those are most popular at the moment based on Masterpiece molds and Movie Molds. All other clones will share a deluxe mold with the exception of the Female clone as they will make her stand out from the rest. I doubt there will be different facial expressions per clone but it would be cool to see, we would probably figure out the answer to that question once the Skywarp Toy makes its appearance.
    Did anyone notice a Thrust Clone? I didn't see him in the vids but its a weird thing that he'd be the only seeker missing (even though we were given a new female character, she didnt have his color scheme).