the clear nail polish trick...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jordo02, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Jordo02

Jordo02 Well-Known Member

works freaking amazing!

my screamer's null rays and sky warp's null rays fit better than ever in their arms.... thanks all!

2. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup... clear nail polish is the perfect ball-joint tightener... best thing about it is that it is removable if need be.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I find super glue works better...doesn't flake off as much.

Now if only I could find a solution to the paint rubbing off...

4. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Yea clear nail polish trick it teh awsum, used it for the first time on Animated Megs to get him to be able to stand.

5. Alpha-trion

Alpha-trion Sentai Warrior

Thanks for the tip my animated voyager Prime is a bit loose in the are areas.

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    how long must the nail polish dry? cause i dont think i wait long enough (or my polish sucks)

7. Jordo02

Jordo02 Well-Known Member

mine was dry in under 3 minutes

8. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Be sure you actually got Clear NAIL POLISH and not clear "Topcoat" or "Nail Polish hardener"...they look the same, but those won't work. They flake off and won't help at all. I've had some foolish employees try to tell me I needed something else when I tried to buy CLEAR POLISH, but I assured them that was the right stuff for my purposes...

That said, I prefer the super glue gel method myself. just smooth a little onto a peg or inside a joint, and....voila. It's surprising how effective even a tiny amount is, and it tends to hold up a lot better IMHO.

9. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I let mine dry overnight, after a few coats about 3-5 minutes apart, might be excessive, but, hey.

Good points there.

Super glue definitely holds up better, but it is not removable, I use it on the "mainline" stuff, but I use nail polish as well, if is my G1 or MP, Alt, Classics, etc. In case I ever sell 'em or whatever, it is easily brought back to "factory" (even if that is loose and floppy :lol )

10. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've never used this method. I've only used "the tiny piece of paper" trick. And it fixed the legs on my BW Terrorsaur and my Energon Arcee. And its flawless, plus no mess, no fuss, no fumes and removeable.

11. Melkava

Melkava Well-Known Member

I prefer 'non-intrusive' methods myself as well. Single ply of tissue paper works fine for me. Just stuff to tighten, the extras tear & trim easily.

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I prefer Future Floor Finish because its acryllic has has zero chance of harming the plastic. not to mention its made for walking on, so its more durable than nail polish.

13. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    i just did this to my target exclusive scout air raid (brokeback brody in my comic :lol  ) cause in order for him to stand you had to support him with his weapon...and i was too scared to use super glue and clear nail polish in fear of ruinning the toy

and after tearing small bits from a single piece of toilet paper....he stand perfectly, doesn't wobble or anything, the legs won't move unless i move the legs with my hands, and when i do that i get barely any resistance...i am telling ya it works (i also attempted to do this with 2pack megs, but his balljoint socket in the legs is too small....you can't reattach the leg with paper in it)

14. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    that's exactly why i use Future. *L* nothing to worry about, its perfectly clear and smellls good actually too.