The Classics Repaint Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by onesock, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    THANK YOU! I was seriously starting to think I'm the only person on this forum who hates the idea of Nemesis Prime - the epitome of an easy-out character that the fandom & geekdom immediately accept just because they made a lame toy out of him. Bad enough that anyone ever got on board with this idea in the first place, but even worse that some people are actually suggesting it for the Classics line of all things. I don't seem to recall any inane evil black Prime running around G1.

Agreed. They definitely took the easy way out on CJ. It would have been cool if they took the Starscream vs Ramjet approach where the overall mold is the same, but some slight tweaks were made to make it look more like the actual character.

That said, I'm personally more concerned with Hasbro keeping the consistency of the character lines. For example, since they did Hot Rod/Rodimus & Ultra Magnus (if you can really call him that), it makes sense that they should do Kup, Blurr & Springer as well. Since they did Jetfire, it makes sense that they should do Shockwave. Since they did Astrotrain, it makes sense that they should do Blitzwing. Since they did Grimlock, it makes sense that they should do the rest of the Dinobots. Since they did Starscream & Skywarp, it makes sense to do Thundercracker. Since they did Ramjet, it makes sense to do Dirge & Thrust. So on and so forth.

Hard to say where they'll go with some of the other more prominant G1 characters like the Season 1 Autobots, Soundwave who we apparently are not getting either at all or anytime soon, etc. It could make for a very frustrating and incomplete Classics collection.

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    rerelease energon downshift in superlink wheejack colors and make the vechicle mode look more g1 in terms of logos etc. Make his red energon weapons black or silver.

they could rerelease energon swoop in better colors by himself. maybe some remolding so he has hands.

others like that and a mix of classics recolors for 1 wave to give them time to com up with new molds

or simple repaints/rmolds of old figures like
    http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1150987246056cz8.jpg

How about repainting cybertron unicron into bludgeon

just filler stuff till we get NEW molds

3. Black Omen

Black Omen Well-Known Member

Mirage as Red Mirage
    Prime as Huffer?
    Megs tank as Brawl

4. Mad Dawg

Mad Dawg Autobot Brewmeister

We know we're getting...
    -Starscream repainted as Skywarp
    -Optimus Prime repainted as Ultra Magnus
    -Bumblebee repainted as Cliffjumper

Echoing others, I think we NEED to see a Thundercracker repaint of the Starscream/Skywarp mold. That is the only direct repaint of existing molds I care for though. So on to the slight re-moldings...

With different wings, I'd like to see Dirge/Ramjet/Thrust. Personally, I think it would be cool if they all had coneheads. Throwbacks is what Classics is all about.

With minor changes Hot Rod could could make a decent enough Sideswipe, and, as I've mentioned before, I wouldn't mind getting a Sunstreaker out of him, too, if it's the only way I can get one. Actually, Hot Rod's chrome blower/engine kibble would be moved to the rear of the car maybe, but the transformation still wouldn't be right.

5. Mad Dawg

Mad Dawg Autobot Brewmeister

I didn't even think about the Prime v Megs 2-pack as a repaint opportunity. Give us Warpath, and then find a suitable mold for Classics Powerglide!

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hmm... you know... the only straight up repaints that I'd want from the Classics line (aside from the ones we already know that we're getting) is Starscream/Skywarp mold done as Thundercracker, because you've got to have the original three seekers or it's just not "Classics".

Other than that... I'd except a straight up repaint of Ramjet as Dirge, but would prefer remolding on the wings. However, like with Cliffjumper, I'd assume that if we get a Dirge he'd end up being a straight remolding rather than a repaint.

However, I feel that Thrust's jet type is different enough that he warrants an extensive remold like Ramjet did. I'd really think they'd give him his own mold, but I'm figuring that they pretty much plan on making as a repaint of Ramjet based on what was said about the Ramjet mold at Botcon.

I wouldn't mind a Sunstorm coming out of the Starscream mold, but I'd prefer that to be saved for a store exclusive. It's something I'd except in the mainline of Classics, but others might feel that he's just not a classic G1 character... since he's technically not... and thus I feel they should do him as a store exclusive if they do him at all in this line.

Bumblebee I wouldn't mind seeing done up as Goldbug. Change the yellow and black to gold and blue and wala. In a perfect world he'd also get a head remold, but I won't hold my breathe for that.

I'd like to see Astrotrain done up in his show accurate colors ala the E-Hobby release. However, I'd figure he should be a store exclusive also since I wouldn't want a repaint that represents the same character to bog down the mainline.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sunstreaker coming out of the Rodimus mold as a straight up repaint, but I'd like to see Sideswipe get his own mold. IMO the Rodimus mold looks closer to Sunstreaker than Sideswipe and a yellow repaint wouldn't look as similar and unchanged as a red repaint would.

Also, while I understand that other don't like the concept, I love Nemesis Prime and would love to get a Nemesis Prime out of Classics Prime. But, if people don't want him to bog down the mainline, than perhaps he should be done as a store exclusive or another SDCC exclusive. Still, I would love to get a Nemesis out of this mold.

They could give us Megaplex out of Megatron, but I'm not quite sure how they could without getting into a grey area with the toy gun safety laws, but I'd still want a Megaplex based on the E-Hobby exclusive.

While an obscure character I'd except a Dragstrip out of Mirage simply to give us some more Decepticons in the line.

Also, I'd like to see Mirage done up in clear plastic as an "invisible" Mirage, but as an exclusive of sorts so that he doesn't bog down the mainline.

On that note, I wouldn't mind seeing a Starscream in clear plastic as a "ghost" Starscream. But again, make it an exclusive.

Can't really think of anything else, but I'll post more if I do.

7. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Easiest ones.

Ramjet - Thrust & Dirge
    Starscream - Thundercracker

8. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think all of these have been said already but I thought I would chime in anyways.
    Starscream/Skywarp into Thundercracker would be the only repaint not announced I would like to see given a mainstream release. I wouldn't mind Mirage into Dragstrip if and only if the rest of the Stunticons were made in Classics and it wouldn't keep Hasbro from making a combiner Stunticon team. So if no complete Stunticon Team or a complete gestault Menasor, no Mirage into Dragstrip. I would accept an "Expanded G1" universe set of N. Prime and Sunstorm as store exclusives. As for some of the 84/85 cars I would rather them get a new mold and not a repaint of the Hot Rod one.

9. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Rather than yet another pointless "nemesis" Prime, how about a head remold and a repaint as MotorMaster?

Other than that, the other repaints are obvious:

Starscream - Thundercracker (Skywarp already confirmed)
    Ramjet - Dirge and Thrust (Thrust needs new wings though)
    Astrotrain - Anime Astrotrain

10. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree.... I'd totally be fine with N. Prime and Sunstorm as an expanded Universe two-pack. Actually that would be quite slick.... and easy, with the Magnus/Skywarp set already out there. Heck, they not only have the pre-existing molds, they have the pre-existing PACKAGING! :) 

I also agree that Hot Rod should ONLY be Hot Rod. It's too unique a mold to work for anyone else.

However, I think they COULD get away with doing one new faux-Lamborghini mold and using it for Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Red Alert and.... though this would be a cheat.... Wheeljack.

11. butz

butz slippery when wet

Starscream into other seekers. Thats it. The rest don't interest me as repaints unless they're doing something like a "G2 version" of the character or something.
    I'd much prefer they repaint stuff from other lines to make bit characters from G1 (who otherwise wouldn't get a figure). Cliffjumper I can live with, and U-mag from the 2 pack will be placed with my Universe figures instead.

12. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

They could redo Titanium Ultra Magnus in all plastic and use him. Heck, they should've done that in the first place, although there might have been scale issues.

13. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    They should redo ALL of the Titaniums in plastic... the War Within molds anyway.

14. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

YES! And here I thought I was alone in my forbidden love for that Swoop figure. He could benefit from locking points for his robot mode (floppy arms anyone?) and -actual hands- but apart from those beefs, I just love that Swoop. The head mold rocks.

E. Grimlock on the other hand... :p 

15. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

My repaints that I'd like to see are the obvious ones:

Starscream Mold redone as Thundercracker

Ramjet redone as Dirge and Thrust, I'd prefer they were slightly remolded to get a more authentic feel but I'd settle for just straight repaints.

Bumblebee as Cliffjumper I agree that the mold needed to be changed just a bit, a new head, no jetski and add a gun or something, boom, new charachter.

Sunstorm and Nemesis Prime 2 pack, I love that idea, I was actually thinking of that before I read this thread, although I'd prefer to see the Prime from the two pack of he and Megs repainted as Nemesis Prime since that looks more like the iconic Prime and that mold hasn't yet been repainted whereas the first one has already as UM.

And if they gave new heads and a good paint scheme, I'd love to see Runamuck and Runabout as repaints of BB.

16. MicroCracker

MicroCracker Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a couple 2-packs:
    Thundercracker with Dirge
    Thrust with Sunstorm

That way, you aren't getting 2 identical figures with each set. I also think Megatron could make a pretty decent figure of Shockwave, just change the head, remove the scope, and change one hand into a blaster. also, with some slight mold changing, Armada Wheeljack could make a great Sideswipe, just remove the decepticon elements, and make the joints a little tighter (I don't know if they all had the problem, but mine could never stay in together in vehicle mode) Even though i like the new molds, I didn't buy any figures durring energon or cybertron, or most of Armada, so i wouldn't mind those figures redone, as long as they're redone well.

17. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    Jetfire as Skull One. ;) 

18. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I suppose, that would provide the necessary kitbash fodder to get rid of the cone head I know they'd insist upon putting on Thrust. After that, it'd just be a matter of matching the paint.

19. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy Well-Known Member

The only repaint i want to see with what we got so far is Starscream/Skywarp into Thundercracker, Ramjet into Thrust and Dirge (don't even care about the wings being retooled). I like the Bumblebee into Cliffjumper, but i wish they made a new head, they did a retooling for Ramjet would of been nice for CJ it only a new head..

Other then, No pointless straight up repaints and no repaint of molds for other lines, at lease put some remolding and retooling into new figures like what they did to Starscream into Ramjet.

20. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah, outside of the obvious repaints like the Seekers, Ironhide/Ratchet, some of the early Autobot cars who share a mold, etc., I'd much prefer & expect to have unique designs per character.

And absolutely NO more ******ed repaints of other bad lines being passed off as "Classics" like they're doing with those (so-called) Construction eyesores.