The Classics Repaint Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by onesock, Oct 30, 2006.

1. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So pick a figure. Pick who it would be repainted into. It's that easy!

My ideas....

Bumblebee into Goldbug.
    Ramjet into Dirge.
    Mirage into a transluscent Mirage...like his invisible form.

That's all I got. Any other ideas?

2. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Optimus into Nemesis Prime/Scourge
    Megatron into Galvatron

WAIT!

Someone else has already had these ideas.
    Oh well.

3. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I know others will say this, but I guess I'll be the first-
    Starscream-Thundercracker and/or Sunstorm (put both in one box and make it a wave 3 voyager!)
    DN

4. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Dirge needs a slight remold of his wings, as would Thrust.

Grimlock could be repainted into Overkill...or Trypticon.
    Mirage as Drag Strip
    Hot Rod as "Brake" Down
    Prime into Motormaster.

Now all we need is a couple to repaint into Dead End and Wildrider. ;) 

I also go along with the Bumblebee into Goldbug idea.

5. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

I would repaint the Prime in the Ultimat Battle 2 pack black. I love the RM black convoy, I just can't find one for a good price.

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

You know.... I don't think I'd really want many of them re-painted. I think that's frankly the great thing about Classics, that their molds just scream out the character that they are. Forcing repaints on them (minus the obvious, already-existing or very likely ones like Cliffjumper or the Seekers) is a bit of a "square peg in a round hole" dilemma. For example, trying to turn Mirage's mold into Drag Strip... a minor Decepticon to begin with, and one who's not really complete without the rest of his team.... seems to forced to me.

That being said, I suppose I could see Bumblebee turned into Goldbug, Runamuck, or Runabout (the latter two would need SIGNIFICANT remolding, though.... almost so much that they might as well just do an entirely new mold).

But Hot Rod? Astrotrain? Megatron? Jetfire? Grimlock? They pretty much just ARE themselves, and really wouldn't work as any other characters. And please no "Nemesis Prime" in Classics.... he's a fine character, but he's not in any way G1. If they want a "black Prime," give him a new head and call him Motormaster, or make him all black and grey and sell him as "Dead Prime."

QUICK EDIT: If we're including the Optimus/Megatron two-pack in Classics, I guess I could see that Megatron re-jiggered into Bludgeon or Warpath. But not Brawl... for the same reason that I'd rather not have a free-standing Drag Strip.

7. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Megatron repainted with blue instead of purple and yellow instead of translucent green. Name him "Megaplex"

Starscream into various seekers. Thundercracker and Sunstorm would be fine, but for some reason, I really want to see a light green Seeker.

Astrotrain...maybe into his show colors a la the e-Hobby reissue. Name him Space Choochoo. lol I dunno. I just really want to see him in those colors, for some reason.

Prime..either one repainted black, grey and touches of purple and call him "Menasor" since they can't use Motormaster, apparently.

8. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I'll say it again. If there is a way to get a G1 character in this series, straight repaint or not, I want them to take it. We dont get many chances like this, a G1 reborn series. I say flesh it out as much as you can.

As far as repaints go...

Thundercracker is a must now. We got two seekers, we need the third. Dirge I'd also take as a Ramjet repaint... Nemesis Prime as a special edition, since he's not really a G1 character. Maybe Hasbro Toy Shop exclusive. Maybe a few exclusive versions, like Astrotrain in cartoon colors or a translucent Ghost Starscream with a paintjob a bit closer to G1.

The trick here is most of the credible ideas for repaints would only be possible with some remolding done. At the very least, new heads. I'd like to see Bumblebee remolded to be Runabout or Runamuck, to bolster the Decepticons. Speaking of which, I need a new Thrust bad, so remold from Ramjet for the turbine wings. Maybe Mirage as Dragstrip, too... Decepticons in this series are seriously outnumbered.

I'm also tempted to include the two pack Megatron remolded as Bludgeon... but that does stretch things somewhat, since the trademark colors and head had nothing to do with the tank the inner robot turned into.

9. Driftbot

Driftbot Well-Known Member

i would pay for a cliffjumper repaint if it had a good head mold and no jet ski.
    maybe he should come with a ramp instead? lol

get it?

cliff "JUMPER"!

he has a ramp! and... he...

yeah.

:confused2 

10. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    That disappointed me when Cliffjumper was a straight Bumblebee repaint. I wanted a new head and I wanted a different jetski that turned into a big hand weapon, he was the gung ho type that would carry one.

11. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Bumblebee's face already looks more like Cliffjumper, than Bumblbee. It's just the lower part of his hemet that doesn't match, but if it extended down it would hamper his head articulation.

I'd like to see Starscream remolded into Thrust, but I also dread seeing them do it. I just know they'd give him that dorky ass cone head. I'll just make my own custom.

12. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    Well the only straight repaint with the molds we have and the that we havn't already seen, that I would want is Thundercracker. I could live with a Straight repaint of Ramjet in into Dirge..but I'd like if if they gave him new wings.

But with Remolding, I could see Ramjet into Dirge and Thrust. Bumble Bee into Bumper or Hubcap. Hot Rod into Sideswipe (would need a lot, but is doable. Plus I'd rather see this then another Sunstreaker remold of Sideswipe. Ugh!)

and I am also in the camp of not wanting a Nemisis Prime. I just hate those black repaints and besides we already got a straight repaint of the Prime mold..I really don't want to see another one. At least not for awhile. I am also a little upset about Cliffjumpers head. They didn't even have to make a whole new head. They could have made a piece that they could glue on that would just make it look more like Cliffjumper then Bumble Bee...and it does look more like Bumble Bee then Cliffjumper at least their Cartoon versions.

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

They must have known they were gonna repaint these figures to hell and back, so you have to wonder why they don't start designing the molds this way to begin with.

Cliffjumper needs a new head mold, a bigger spoiler maybe, and a different accessory. My vote is for something that looks like it could be his glass-gas sprayer. And maybe we could lose the lame silver deco while we're at it. :) 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who looked at the BB mold and thought "Hey... Runabout and Runamuck?". Slight remolding of the car would help, but I'd be satisfied with new heads and solid battlecharger colours.

Besides that...? Not a lot of Classics so far to work with...

IF... IF they go into the domain of repainting/retooling figures from other lines into classics, then I have a few ideas. I think I've ranted on this before, but here are a few...

Cybertron Crosswise = Jazz. Only a minor head modification necessary.

Armada bendy Prime = Hoist (design it so the whole torso is backwards in robot mode, with the cab on the chest, and have a "backpack" unit that incorporates all the tow-truck gear)

Cybertron Red Alert = Trailbreaker. A little short in stature, but otherwise a new head mold and maybe different pop-out guns would do it.

this one requires some radical thinking, but... Cybertorn Downshift = Windcharger
    A new deco and head mold, and re-imagining WC's short range speed as a factor of pure muscle-car turbo-charged acceleration. Plus that weird claw that pops out of Downshift's chest just says "magnetic tractor beam" to me. :) 

kinda short on decepticons, aren't we?

14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'd really like to see straight repaints of Ramjet as both Dirge and Thrust. Wing changes wouldn't even matter to me.

15. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

It would be nice to get new molds for these ideas and no repaints at all. Motor Master and side swipe and sunstreaker would be nice on the repaints.

16. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Repaint Starscream green, and call him Masterpiece Starscream. :) 

-Tony!

17. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    I suppose I'm one of the few that would want a black repaint of optimus as Motormaster/Menasor. I'd also like to see Rodimus given a yellow deco and named "Hot Shot" just for good measure.

Also, I'd really love to see Mirage repainted as Prowl, as a MW reference. Finally, I'd love to see Grimlock in Dinobot's colors.

18. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

starscream to thrust
    grimlock to hun-grr
    mirage to wheeljack
    rodimus to blurr
    bumblebee to wind charger
    rodimus to prowl
    soundwave to blaster
    astrotrain to sprinter
    rodimus to wildrider
    bruticus maximus to g1 bruticus colors
    rodimus to sideswipe
    rodimus to sunstreaker
    ultra magnus to metroplex
    brakedown gts to kup
    cyb brakedown to stunticon brakedown
    crosswise to jazz
    cyb hardtop to hound
    cyb armorhide to iron hide and ratchet

19. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I'd like to see:-
    1. 'Hot Rod' repainted into 'Dark Hot Rod', (Nemesis/dark characters rock!)
    2. Astrotrain into his E-hobby colours
    3. Screamer into Thundercracker
    4. Prime into Nemesis Prime.

20. DisThunder

DisThunder Just got here.

News Credits:
    So far, I'm not ready to go nuts on the existing mold repaints, but I'd be happy to get some repaints that fit the line from the previous few series:

Shockblast- In a perfect world, He'd get a new gun hand, but I'll settle for a nicer purple and silver, cleaned up paintjob.
    E. Downshift- Just release him in his Japanese colors and we're set.
    E. Towline: If I can't get a new Ironhide mold, at least give me a fighting chance to get the Botcon one.
    C. Crosswise- As it'd been said, he'd make a great Jazz, unless we can get a new mold one.
    Those are the ones off the top of my head, but I think there's enough repaints true to the spirit of this line possible to keep it going for quite a while.