The Church of Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Tenraisenpuujin, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Tenraisenpuujin

Tenraisenpuujin Active Member

Ebay:
    So I've got a pretty decent-sized toy collection, but I'm really just getting into Transformers. A couple of years back, my wife's old Honda Civic hatchback died, and we ended up getting a red Honda Fit. Because of its super-configurable nature, *she* suggested naming it after a TF, and we ended up going with Rodimus. (Cliffjumper was also in contention, but I wasn't so hot on giving that name to something I was actually going to drive. :wink:  ) Ever since then, I've been picking up variations of Roddy in toy form, and the result is this:

[​IMG]

I'm torn as to what my favorite version is. I love the simplicity and excellent G1 tribute factor of the Classics version, I love the size and details and vehicle mode of the Kissplay version, but I think my favorite for heft, poseability, and G1 R-Prime vehicle mode tribute factor is Titanium Rodimus Prime.

Currently, my only other TFs are a Henkei Megatron (SO cool!) and a set of the Car Robots Super Car Brothers Clear Versions (which I would totally be willing to sell), but I've got a Classics Nemesis Prime on the way. (If you've seen my main collection elsewhere, you know I love me some black versions.) I'd love to find a Botcon Evil Rodimus and maybe a black Energon Rodimus, but I'm also not fond of the idea of having to sell a kidney to get one of them...

EDIT: If you want to check out my main collection, I've posted it here: Ore no 2008 collection... PART TWO! - Henshin Justice Unlimited

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Cool, Good start I got a Rodimus collection too. I haven't taken pics of them all together though.

3. Shakira

Shakira Well-Known Member

Very nice collection :O) . My wife loves hot rod/ rodimus. Most of my Hotrod's/Rodimus's are in their boxes so I have not had the chance to see them out. I did open the Henkei classics version and I am impressed.

4. THX

THX Autobot

Very cool, Hot Rod is one of my favorite character too

5. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i love hot rod too...i just got the henkei one though :D 

6. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

hot rod is my fav!!! look at my name! nice, collection, i really want the alternators version over the kissplayers cuz of the flames, but at least you've got something! i have henkei and tkara collection reissue on the way as birthday presents!

7. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

man that is alot of Hot Rods/Rodimus toys I personally don't own one.But they look cool.

8. prawisucia

prawisucia Soldier of Heaven

News Credits:
    I'm a fan of Hot Rod too.
    good collection, bro

9. defstar

defstar Autobot...

<---puts up his lighting rod...yeah I'm not too big a fan of Hot Rod hehe...but your collection of him does look really nice...

10. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Cool collection! I have a Hot Rod/Rodimus/Hot Shot collection too. One of these days I'll learn how to use my digital camera and how to post pic to the internet, but I'd also like to set up a nice display case for them first too. It's hard to pick a favorite of the group I agree, so many of them are so awesome for different reasons and yet I still feel like I'm waiting for the definate Hot Rod/Rodimus toy to come out.

11. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ah, a collection after my own heart :)  Looking good!

12. Tenraisenpuujin

Ebay:
    SQUEEEEEEEE I just won the Botcon Evil Rodimus on eBay-- for just over $50 shipped! I'll post new pics when I get him.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

13. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

You should team up with that guy on the other thread who does Ultra Magnus. And someone who does a Prime collection.

I mostly do Mirage, Prowl and Red Alert, though I been lately trying a lot of UM, Oppy, Nemesis and Rodimus (and Megs, Screamer and Warp).

Nice collection. You should be able to find Armada Powerlinx Hot Shot (in Rodimus colors) for fairly cheap. I got a spare G1 Rodimus Prime (either the G1 version or the reissue - I don't need both myself) if you need one of those.

Who are the two on the back row to the right? Next to G1 and behind Revoltech and Energon?

14. Tenraisenpuujin

Ebay:
    Dude, I have no idea how I missed Armada Hot Shot in my gathering of Rodimi. Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for one!

The one behind the Revoltech is the 6" Titanium Rodimus Prime, and the one in the corner is the Kiss Players (Binaltech) Hot Rodimus. They're my two favorites.

15. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I'd skip the Armada Hot Shot. I got him for my Rodimus collection for completism, but he's such a crappy toy I wish I hadn't. His robot mode is terrible! His head isn't even a seperate entity it's just sorta moulded against his big shoulders like someone started carving out his face and stopped halfway through. Big disapointment and it looks horrible. His red car mode version is fine for display purposes with the flames if that's your main reason for getting him though, but if you get him I'd advise not taking him out of alt mode.

On the other hand, if you really want a good Hot Shot figure for your collection I'd wait for the Armada Hot Shot coming out next year next year as part of the 20th anniversary line.

You choice of course, and Armada Powerlinx Hot Shot is cheap enough to find about $10-15 on average loose, but cheap is the key word, the problem is that he looks as cheap as he is to buy ihmo.

Again I love the collection you've started and nice deal you got on that black Rodimus. I debated getting him at BotCon, but I just couldn't bring myself to get an evil version of Rodimus, it just didn't seem right, I like Rodi cause he's a leader of the good guys and for that flame colored paint scheme of his, evil black and purple just don't do it for me and he'd be horribly outnumbered on my shelf. Though I 'd have second thoughts if I could find him for as good a price as around $50 like you did.

Price is one reason I haven't picked up world's smallest Hot Rod yet either.

I like doing character collections I have one for Bumblebee too and some budding ones for a few other characters thanks to alternators, animated, and classics/universe.

16. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    I don't consider Hot Shot to be the same as Hot Rod/Rodimus - not least because the Trilogyverse actually has a proper Rodimus... or Rodimus Convoy, in Japan!

Totally agree about the Ti-roddy, though. At this stage, he's pretty much my favourite TF fig of them all - and he makes a great opponent to both Titanium Fallen and Classics 2.0 Galvatron.

I even use the design as the one Rodimus Prime comports himself in when writing my F/TF fic.

17. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Sure, Hot Shot isn't Rodimus.

But his paint scheme is SO MUCH like Rodimus, and he's such a heavy homage, that he fits in the collection simply because they look so much alike. He can be Rodimus' #1 Fanboy. ;) 

18. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    You need a G1 Rodimus Prime in there...

19. Tenraisenpuujin

Ebay:
    GAH! I can't find my SD card reader or my camera cable (stupid non-compatible smaller-than-micro-USB jack), but until I do and can post some real photos, I just wanted to post this:

SHADOW COMMANDER RESPECTFULLY DISAGREES WITH YOUR OPINION

[​IMG]

THE OPINION THAT YOU ARE GOING TO LIVE PAST THE NEXT FIVE SECONDS