The Choice

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Apr 20, 2012.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

It is Mid-afternoon, and you are on a walk, just to take a walk.

There is nothing going on, and you are off from your work for the day, due to an incident involving coffee, and your lap. Partly due to a fellow employee's clumsiness.

Fair enough, you are on your undetermined walk. You have no goal, or destination. You are walking. The sun is on you, and it feels fantastic, especially with the mild breeze catching your head in just the right way that it almost massages you.

But, soon you see the sun setting, and decide that it is time to return home, and so you do so. It is a quiet day, so your objective isn't that hard to achieve, and thus you make it home at a beautiful sunset.

However, the moment you get in the door and begin your walk-in ritual. There is a knock at the door. You figure, it is Ups doing a late delievery and hope that they will just leave the package at the door. But, this being your luck, it is not.

The doorbell rings. This forces you to call out "Who is it?!", to which you receive no reply. Now, ontop of the doorbell ringing, the knocking returns. You in your infinite wisdom come to the door, and look through the peephole. Then the knocking, and ringing stops.

There is an withered old man at your doorstep, and he looks as if he may not have had a bite to eat in quite some time. However, you ponder to yourself, if you should even let this man in, despite his attempts to get your attention, it is late at night after all... This man, could be concealing a weapon, or worse... a subpoena.

After the master debating you have with yourself, you finally decide to open the door... just a smudge though, peeking your eyes out onto the old man, and looking down at him, who smiles up to you, and in a kind voice:

" Hello sir/madame, I am here to offer you the grandest thing you may ever have in your possesion, a gamble however despite my state, however it will be the best of fates, if you decide to trust in me. However, for my magic there will be a fee to create for thee anything of which you desire, but only toys i'm afraid, and only five as I am not a slave. Will you wager your entire collection, for five molds made for perfection. This is no scam, as I am sure you are thinking. Just a barter, and an offering. For, I gain nothing out of this, but your despair, followed by joy, so allow me to make you, the ultimate toys."​

Would you take his offer? Throwing your entire collection into a melting pot. For five toys of any size,shape, texture, and fixings? Or would you pass it up, and possibly bludgeon him upside his head with a golf club, and call the police?

If you did take the old man's offer, what would you make?

2. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would turn it down, my collection is worth more to me than any 5 toys, perfected or not.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What an elaborate story you have crafted.

I do not think I would take the offer. Some of my figures are valuable and as a whole is worth more than 5 figures. I would be tempted but would not take it.

As for what I would get if I did accept... Almost all of them would be custom figures of custom characters. Burnout would transform perfectly and be a triple changer. Other characters I have in my head would see the light of day.

I would also be tempted to make a fully transforming in scale Metroplex just because I want to see such a thing. Everything I have seen thus far has not felt correct, even that 8 foot one.

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Weird. I'd just say "no thank you" and close the door, go upstairs and drop a deuce.

5. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, yes I would.

6. crewboy7

crewboy7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I go to my younger brother and say, "I'll sell you my entire collection for $5, except for these five bumblebee repaints". After I sell my collection, I go the old man and accept his offer. After my five Nitro Bumblebees have been recast into the most awesome figures ever, I go to my brother and buy my collection back for $20. He made $15, so he's pretty happy.

u mad bro?

7. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

I don't even open the door and tell the old man he has 5 seconds to vacate the premises.

but I do that to everyone.

8. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Only if one of them is alive and makes more perfect toys.

9. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I take it back, I'm doing this.

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hell no. I've got probably over 1000 TFs alone, no five figures could compensate for teams I've collected.