The chick with Dreadlocks in ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Demonss, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What was the name they gave her in the credits or whatever? I didn't notice?

My wife and I were discussing the fact that the Terminatoreque thing they had going on was kinda silly.. Sure it made for some impressive visuals, but when it comes down to it, it really didn't fit well.

We both jointly decided that it would have been MUCH better (and a nod to the fans) if laser beak was dispatched by soundwave and was listening in from the shadows..

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    ... That was Alice. They say her name like, a bunch of times.

3. ekocher

ekocher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alice and she was a pretender

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since Alice has no other alt-mode and she doesnt have a "Shell" she technically isn't a pretender. Alice transforms into a human. She isn't hiding inside of one. If anything Alice is a Predacon, She is a robot that transforms into an animal mode with organic tissue. Think Optimus Primal. Maybe she is an ancestor of Black Arachnia

5. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

6. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I think the point is that her decep name probably wasnt Alice

I can see megs now lol

" Alice Transform and destroy "

7. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

I think she's menat to transform into an animatronic Alice in Wonderland. Bloody good animatronic!

8. Demonss

News Credits:
    Well.. Being that I've seen the movie one time, and in the grand scheme of things her part was relatively small compared to the rest of the happenings in the movie.. Is it bad that I didn't realize that?

Either way.. Laser beak > "Alice"

9. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

The question was about her real Decepticon name. I have no clue what it'd be. Alice is her human identity, she would be called "Alice" on Cybertron, that'd be silly!

10. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Dreadlocks??

:wtf: 

11. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Oh, that. Her Decepticon name is Skankatron.

12. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Actually, Alice is, technically and physically, a Pretender. Just because she's different from the other carnations of "Pretenders" doesn't mean she's not a Pretender. Predacons and Maximals as they are in Beast Wars/Machines have yet to be introduced into the 2007-2009 movieverse and its highly unlikely that they will be.

What? Laserbeak wasn't even in the movie. Why does everyone think he is? That was REEDMAN, a bunch of Microcons (who are often mistaken for Insecticons) who formed a razor thin transformer who stole the larger AllSpark shard on the Naval Base.

And Alice's role was constructed to be relatively small on purpose to draw attention away from her outside her "skanky" persona. Sure, there a little hints that she may be up to something whenever notices the outright odd behavior in Sam whenever he wigs out, but unless you never read up on her true role in the movie (Decepticon Pretender, sent after Sam, most likely by Soundwave), she could've easily ended up being another "Mikaela" from TRANSFORMERS (2007), with a hard on for Sam, and not a Decepticon undercover until you see that Scorponok-esque tail emerge from under her dress and she attacks Sam.

My advice to you is to watch the movie more than once to understand everything that's going all, especially the little things.

13. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She maybe a pretending to be a human but the way it was acted out in the movie doesn't feel like a pretender and she is never called that. I like my explanation better

Dude read the whole thread. In his first post he was saying he and his wife would have preferred if they had used laser beak as a character to spy on Sam instead of Alice.

What are you talking about? just cause he forgot a characters name doesn't mean he didn't understand the movie and it's kinda rude to imply that

14. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

yeah i think if i didnt know what she was she would have been more surpising.

15. Demonss

News Credits:
    Yes.. I realize this.. Hence why I said I would have preferred laser beak to be IN the movie spying on Sam, since we got the ever so great Soundwave whom did release ravage.. So send out a laser beak instead of this "alice" instead.

Once again laser beak could have been a relatively small role in the movie but would have been a fantastic nod to the G1 fans.

Similarly I could say read the post more than once to understand everything that's being said.. especially the little things..

16. Demonss

News Credits:
    Well I guess they aren't REALLY deadlocks because she's a robot, but the comic adaptation looks like this:
    [​IMG]

And a pic from the movie like this:
    [​IMG]

Makes dreadlocks really the easiest thing to call them.. or medusa hair.. But dreadlocks is shorter to type.. :) 

17. Witwicky Camaro

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's all well and good, but just because you like your explaination better doesn't mean its the truth. She's a Pretender, not a Predacon. She was created to pay homage to the Pretenders of Generation One (or whatever continuity Bob and Alex were thinking of when they decided to use the Pretender scheme).

Now that part I missed in this rant. [Shrugs] No biggie on my part.

Yeah and I was clairfying why her role was so small in the movie. Its not rude, honey, its simple facts and expansion.

18. Demonss

News Credits:
    Yes but your also implying I didn't understand her role in the movie.. I completely understood it..
    I just don't understand why it couldn't have been done in a more interesting fashion using something like laser beak..

19. Witwicky Camaro

News Credits:
    Probably because, at the time, they favored Ravage over laserbeak instead and didn't think they needed two of Soundwave's minions? And given that Soundwave was pretty much the acting arial surveillance unit (in space) and had every Decepticon on Earth searching for either Megatron, AllSpark, and later, Sam (for the energon source), I don't think there was a need for Laserbeak in Revenge of the Fallen. Not really.

20. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

After watching the movie, my gf and I were discussing the film on the way home. I asked this way question (it was more rhetorical at the time), and she said, "WastaCGItron" as her Decepticon name.

A cool concept even if she is more Predacon than Pretender (And that is exactly what she is, even if the writers were going for Pretenders), but she was completely unnecessary to the story. In fact, she doesn't make any sense, but whatevah.