The Burning Question: Who's next?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CheifMagnum84, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    We've having left is the Rest of Dinobots (and Repaint of Grimlock as in the G1 Cartoon's colors.)

2. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    WHEELJACK.

And Kup. Kup would be pretty dang sweet.

3. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think we'll be getting Beast Wars stuff for quite some time. Maybe an homage figure here and there, but I doubt any major push yet. I could be wrong though. After Dinobot was revealed as the fan choice Hall of Fame inductee, Aaron Archer mentioned (either that night, or one of the panels the next day) that it was clear that Hasbro should re-look at Beast Wars in reflection of the popularity. Personally, I still don't think we'll get a full total celebration of Beast Wars till 2015, for the 20th anniversary (god that's scary to say...). I think with the way Transformers is as a franchise and business juggernaut, they'll wait to capitalize on a big number anniversary, just like when they had all the special packaging and such for the G1 25th.

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    you don't use logic for your wants do you, a team of 5 deluxe size predacons that form predaking will never happen

in that case i want a fort max the size of a school bus

5. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know what, I don't actually think that a deluxe sized combiner (whether it be Predaking, or another) is too outside the realm of possibility. Assuming a 5 member combining team, figure its about $100 for the set, with the possiblity maybe of a $15 price point due to the nature of the figures. I could definitely see that idea being feasible and popular in Japan, and with Hasbro's shown practice of being willing to import special pieces that were Japan only to the US (i.e. the Masterpiece line), I wouldn't be surprised if it made it over here.

Of course, there's always the chance that they could try doing that in the Masterpiece line as well. If the rumors going around that the new MP Rodimus does indeed have 4 different modes, it means that 1)they can actually make a multi-changing masterpiece figure and 2)they can do it such that the cost doesn't become astronomical. With that being said, if you made the actual figures smaller, but very detailed, you could feasibly have a masterpiece style combiner at a not-so-terrible price. Hell, what am I talking about. Bandai has already done it with their Soul of Chogokin line. Seriously folks, go out and look at pictures of those toys if you've never seen them. All of the super robots are multi-changing combiner robots. Dancougar or God Mars are perfect examples.

I'm willing to bet that the next MP figure (after the inevitable slew of repaints and accessory versions) will be a combiner. It may be smaller than we would expect (or hope I should say), but it'll be awesome.

6. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I am hoping for Shockwave, Sunstorm, Soundwave, and Blitzwing. Sunstorm would be a simple repaint and hopefully they'll try to capitalize on TF3 and get Shockie out there.

7. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I want that Kup more than anything else announced, though I am crazy excited about Jazz, scourge and every other new mold that has been announced wouldn't mind a wheeljack either. More than anything I just want the main cast from the 86 movie all using the same aesthetic design style as cyclonus (yes that would mean a new hot rod and galvatron). plus some more wfc, a combiner, and maybe some beast wars like rattrap and terrorsaur.

8. unchained5150

unchained5150 Time to Disappear.

That's the thing about wants: they don't have to follow logic. With that said, you don't have to be sarcastic back. His want for a set of deluxe Predacons is plausible. Your bus sized Fort Max is just asinine. You don't have to be rude about it.

On topic: All of the '86 movie cast is a must-have for me. Especially a proper triple-changing Springer and an Arcee that's better than what we've gotten thus far; both Hasbro and 3rd party. A new Hotrod and Galvatron would also do the trick, as someone has already said.

9. Kranix

Kranix Banned

hmmmm the original predacons were deluxe sized and definently bigger than any other combiner set, so its right on for us to want more detailed deluxe size predacons. and yes a bus sized fort max is an asinine and rude comment, he just needs to be better articulated and less blocky, and honestly a bit smaller.

bring on the predacons (G1 style that is)

10. CheifMagnum84

CheifMagnum84 Active Member

Dear Primus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out Seibertron, theres no longer rumour, but confirmed sightings of a new combiner that looks generations: DEVESTATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics of Scavanger in Devestator arm mode, and a pic of head and shoulders too, looks delux, maybe voyager size. Being made by a third party from what I could see.

Its not Predaking, but at least someones making an effort. :D 

11. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Images of tfclub's Devastator.

It's an unofficial project by TFClub. Not Hasbro or Takara. Certainly not Generations.

12. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Dude, it's made by a 3rd party company, this is for official Hasbro stuff.

Honestly, I don't want a whole lot, I'm happy with everything that has been released in Classics and Universe, and am happy with what's been and what will be released in Generations.