The Bumblebee opinion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Hotshotprime43, May 29, 2012.

1. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Since Bumblebee has been the face of the franchise since 2007 what is your opinion of him? Do you now hate the little guy because of all the toys or do you think he one of the greatest Transformers ever? Here is my opinon about each incarnation of him.

G1- the classic little guy who you all remember. How can you hate him? he just the inoccent young Autobot who tries to do the right thing.

Bay- My favorite Bumblebee because he is the closest to the humans and wants to protect them by any means and has a big heart. But when the fight comes you better watch out. Also i like how he can't speak because it makes him seem sort of inoccent and also i have a speech impediment so i can relate to him. But the consent repaints are annoying.

Animated- A selfish douche bag with also to many toys

Prime- Same opinion as the movie.

All together to me he is a classic and great character besides his animated version and the all toys he gets.

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I would just like that say that if he transforms into something similar to a Beetle, can talk, wasn't in Animated and isn't one of Bays manchildren, he's okay. If he's a muscle car, rips of off Jazz's transformation or has stingers, you can throw him in a rocket and shoot him to the Sun.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Honestly? I think movie Bumbleebee from the first film was the first version I actually liked. For all the flaws of the film, it did a pretty good job of capturing the core concepts of that character. And then they stripped a lot of that out to make him into a mechaninja in ROTF and DOTM, and I was less than pleased with that.

I loved Animated Bumblebee, and thought he was a great version of the character, and filled his role in the story extremely well. I've come to terms with Bumblebee no longer being a beetle (and given that the new beetle is completely different in terms of styling, pricing, and who it appeals to on the market, what the beetle is today doesn't really fit the character anyway), and I liked the idea of Bumblebee being a subcompact or a small hatchback. I hope that trend continues.

4. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    It was amazing to me that Bumblebee didn't get any show appearance for 20 years, then boom, he becomes the "face of the franchise".

5. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Well, the bumblebee "archetype" of the small, often hotheaded, often yellow bot that chums around with humans was there pretty consistently, although it tended to stay pretty far away from what we'd seen before in Bumblebee until Hot Shot in Armada.

6. Bumblebee3

Bumblebee3 Autobot

News Credits:
    I think someone watched the old G1 series and had a special place in his heart for Bumblebee so he was made into a big part of the new Transformers franchise but I would not call him the face of it just a big character thats all.

P.S. I love Bee hes my favorite......

7. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    WFC Bee is my favorite, mainly because of JYB. I also like movie Bee and Prime Bee but not enough for me to wanna buy the RiD deluxe. My DOTM deluxe Bumblebee is good enough but I wouldn't mind having Battle Blades.

8. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The only version of Bumblebee I really, really like is Movieverse Bumblebee. All of the hate towards him really sparked my interest towards the yellow Camero. I think the hate for the Bumblebee we know today is unjust because of his toy being over packed and with this being the internet the hate just kept snowballing. I've always wondered if G1 Bumblebee would be as highly loved if he were also 4 to a case back in the 80's.

Regardless, I think G1 Bumblebee is the definitive version (the original, the foundation), Movieverse Bumblebee is my favorite, and all other versions are cool.

9. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Movie Bumblebee was initially my favorite movieverse character after seeing the first film. I think the first movie had the right balance with him - he was a capable fighter, but he also had other personality traits to him that made him a solid connection for the audience. In the sequels the character pretty much just survived on his popularity and love from the audience in the first movie.

And LOL at the change in designs to make he and Prime look more "heroic". That was freakin' ridiculous.

Honestly, I still love the character from the first movie (though of course Ironhide quickly became my favorite and Sideswipe eventually passed Bumblebee for second), but I am a bit tired of how overexposed he is in terms of the merchandise and the figures, and I can't deny that's hurt some of his appeal for me.

As far as other Bumblebees, I'm actually not much of a fan of G1 Bumblebee. I don't dislike him, there's just other characters I like a lot more. And Prime Bumblebee is practically a non-entity, very "blah" for me.

10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 Bumblebee - Ok
    2007 Movie Bumblebee - Ok
    ROTF/DOTM Bumblebee - Kind of annoying. By now the radio speak gimmick has gotten old, and he takes too much screen time.
    Animated Bumblebee - Ok, though also annoying sometimes
    Prime Bumblebee - Boring.

11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I don't know much about G1 Bumblebee to be honest because I didn't see the G1 show yet so I can't really make a comment about him.

I will however make comments about the Movie,Animated,WFC,and Prime Bees.

Movie Bumblebee was the first version I've known about and he's a cool character. I can see why a lot of kids love him. :)  I do agree that there's no need for a lot of repaints of him.

Animated Bee while fun was a bit of a moran with a big ego. I mean he almost never uses his head and it's a wonder how the rest for the team didn't strangle him. :lol 

WFC Bumblebee is another one I like. :) 

Prime Bumblebee while does have his good points needs a little more work in terms of character. Other then that he's still enjoyable. :) 

12. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I love him.

Really, though, the only Bot I can say I hate is G1 Tracks.

13. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love Bumblebee! Come on, he's a legend! :) 
    G1 is my all time fav, but I like the Prime/Movieverse Bee as well.
    However, I really do wish he could still speak.

14. AMG

AMG Old School

G1 Bumblebee - Been a fan of the little guy since 1984.

Movie Bumblebee - Solid overall character.

Animated Bumblebee - I like him a lot.

TFPrime Bumblebee - Can't stand him.

15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Hot Shot pulled it off better than any Bumblebee ever did. I'm in favor of keeping Movie Bee's character as the standard.

I really don't understand why people hate TFP Bee so vehemently. Yeah, R2B2 does get a bit old, but apart from that he's almost a nonentity when he doesn't have spotlight eps.

16. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    That, combined with the prevalence of his toy, could be why people don't like him.

17. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    point taken. I keep forgetting transfandom's incapable of compartmentalizing the flaws and merits of characters/toys across all the media.

18. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    I hate all Bumblebees

19. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Ironic, given your sig.

20. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Animated: Love
    G1: Meh
    Prime: R2B2

Bumblebee toys wouldn't be so bad if the stores didn't plan to start real bee hives. I miss the days when I could look at transformers and not see a sea of yellow.