The Bumblebee Movie To Be A Prequel To The Series

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Transmorph633

Transmorph633 Drifter

News Credits:
    I agree out of all characters Bumblebee really doesn't need a prequel film since he is most developed out of all the movie bots sans Optimus. One thing that could be a problem is if he still doesn't talk then again I am not sure if it was ever fully confirmed when exactly he lost his voice box anyways.

2. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Well they did apparently change their minds after the first movie since we have several of their cars as characters.

3. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    And they could start the joe stuff here. Seeing ww2 era cobra would be cool especially with a couple deceptions on their side hooking them up with cybertron tech.

4. goudan

goudan Bumblebee all the way

News Credits:
    Maybe they just met in some event, and never met again then. when Bee met Ed, Ed was a young boy, now he looks totally different.

• Like Like x 2
  5. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they was going to bring in more TFs from history with unique looks, we already have Drift and another Samurai from Japan, could be Bludgeon. We have the WWI tank TF would looks to be taking on the WWI British trooper look. Hound still looks like he could be right out of WWII and even Crosshairs looks like he could have been a paratrooper lol. So i say screw it and give us a Nazi or just German Blitzwing. Would love a Russian tank Warpath and or Poweglide finally. The plane TF we just seen standing with the soldiers in WWII time could very well be Powerglid now I think of it?? But anyway, being on the Combaticons or AerialBots too.

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interest in the Bumblebee movie has just gone completely;

Earth focused
    • Earth, as a setting, has now gotten boring for Transformers as they do not utilise anywhere other than cities

No Voice
    • Given he lost it on Cybertron before he arrived on Earth
    • No real dialogue from Bumblebee as he'll have to use the radio

Minimal Scale
    • Nothing that Bumblebee or any potential rival does could be large enough to overshadow the first movie's events
    • Focus is primarily on Bumblebee

Lack of other more interesting characters

• No Megatron, as he's in ice
    • No Optimus, as he arrived in the first movie
    • No Ratchet, as he arrived in the first movie
    • No Jazz, as he arrived in the first movie
    • No Ironhide, as he arrived in the first movie
    • No interesting characters from any of the later movies because they either arrived later or were dormant without meeting Bumblebee prior

Overall pointlessness;
    • There is no justification for a Bumblebee movie, especially in between TF5 and TF6
    • There is no justification for a prequel to occur now, especially in between TF5 and TF6
    • There is no story that needs to be told, especially in between TF5 and TF6

Unless TF5 reveals that Bumblebee was secretly a villain the entire time and the solo movie would establish him as the villain before TF6 is Bumblebee Vs Hot Rod... we do not need a Bumblebee movie and personally i do not want one.

7. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    I had a feeling this was the direction they were gonna go in. Very interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Waveblaster

Waveblaster Well-Known Member

I'm almost certain Barricade did not survive DOTM. He was killed by humans. He clearly blows up in one scene. His dead body was probably taken by the KSI, just like the other Decepticons. An explanation as to why he's alive in TLK? Barricade was most likely rebuilt by whatever restores Megatron, Shockwave, Crankcase, etc. in The Last Knight (most likely Quintessa).
    However, Barricade really isn't a big enough character to warrant a spinoff film. He was only notable in the first half of the first film, then he disappeared (due to Bay just forgetting he existed), then he came back in DOTM with the same role as a drone. He might appear in a spinoff, but he won't be the main character of one.

9. goudan

News Credits:
    I would love a movie of secret decepticon agent Bee! though Hasbro would not allow that to happen.

10. badbot98

badbot98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    can't shake off the feeling that starscream will be the main villain

• Like Like x 1
  11. goudan

News Credits:
    I have a silly question about the movie title...
    Brighton, is it a city's name or does it mean something else?

12. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Who? I can only think of Sideways.

That's all true enough, but a good old 80's style buddy chase movie with Starscream and Barricade, and maybe separately sector 7 chasing down bee and a comrade could be a great movie, and a nice distraction from the mess the central MV narrative has got into!

• Like Like x 1
  13. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, Sidesways is one.

Drift(AoE)
    Lockdown
    Hotrod

14. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    I just want Breakaway,the one from the concept art that they never used in the movie but he did make it into the ROTF game.I just like that design way too much.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    え!? VW own Lamborghini? God the car companies are as olygopolistic as the media companies!

16. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Audi,Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, SEAT and Skoda

17. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Bentley?!? ffs! bloody germans!

I knew about Skoda, actually they did magic for that brand. Skoda was the laughing stock of the motoring world once.

18. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    Škoda is only co-owned. Ferdinand Porsche designed one of the first modern Škoda's, when he lived in Czech (he also has a grave there, in my hometown).

19. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I find it weird that people think that the fact that Bumblebee is one of the most developed characters in the movies means doesn't deserve a spin-off movie. Bumblebee is one of the few characters who casual movie-goers will recognize, and thus one of the characters most likely to draw interest from multiple people. What casual moviegoer will recognize Barricade, or care who Soundwave is? I'd love to see them show up, especially in a prequel of any sort, and I do think it's very unfortunate that they didn't get a whole lot of development, but they won't be as recognizable to the vast majority of moviegoers as characters like Bumblebee or Optimus, and thus, less people would be likely to show up just to see them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Just seems like it's just going to muddy the time line even more. First it was okay Megatron came to Earth, he crashed in the ice, and the humans were able to secretly transport him to their base hidden in the dam. Bumblebee shows up as a scout but the other Autobots don't arrive until Bumblebee calls them. But then nope wait Jetfire was here before both Megatron and Bumblebee but he was taking nap. No wait Shockwave has been here but for some reason he just totally ignored the Decepticon rally call in the other films.

Also not a fan of radio speak so if it is after Cybertron but before the first movie that means no voice Bumblebee unless they rewrite that whole history. Even if this film has the best visual and audio effects ever put to film I'm not sure I can take a whole movie of radio speak. Ouch and if going younger works like Robots in Disguise, no thanks.