The Bumblebee Movie speculation and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Livingdeaddan, Feb 13, 2016.

1. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    disney has copied paramount on the story age of ultron and age of exinction basically the same a robot wants to rule the world is built by man. the last knight same thing with the last jedi i never seen last jedi but it sounds the same

2. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no she scanned it before crushing it

3. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So in TFA, Blitzwing wasn't always a Triple Changer according to Allspark Almanac.

'Long after the war ended and the Decepticons went into hiding, Blackarachnia experimented upon Blitzwing, rebuilding him into a Triple Changer and giving him the fractured mind he is known for today.'

What if this is the untold backstory for Blitzwing? What if we're seeing a Green Goblin story where someone gradually loses their mind and becomes a crazy villain? :D 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Unicrons Herald

Unicrons Herald Chaos Bringer

I do remember a scene in TFA there Blitzwing becomes a triplechanger thanks to two of his three personalities can't agree on whether he shall be a jet or a tank. So the third one says "Why not scan both?" :) 

5. darkspellmaster

darkspellmaster Well-Known Member

@BumblebeeFan71 I don't see why having it be a romance is a bad thing. I mean, it'll probably be one sided, maybe on Bumblebee's part over Charlie's. I'm pretty sure the young man with her is going to become her love interest if they go any romance route. But I don't see why it would be a bad thing to have a robot and a human have a romance. We saw it with Her, we've seen it in other stories, why is it so bad to have such a thing with charlie and BB?

@Venixion And yes, she's probably going to be compassionate to him. I get a strong sense, since we don't see her family in this, that her home life may not be that great. Not that she doesn't live in a nice place, but that her parents are either very busy or maybe she has a single parent, or something. We don't see any parents there so I'm guessing the two may bond over that. Also given the way she treats Bumblebee, so far they have shown her to be a sort of big sister/baby sitter growing into something deeper than that. The one thing is that there's been comparisons to the Shape of water, so make of that what you will. My guess is that it's the idea that she finds a way to make him find his memories and own his role here.

Regarding the Beast Wars thing, I think the idea of a Spark actually works with the idea of a computer. The way you can think about it is that it's all the data that the bot's OS has created and it floats there as a ball of electricity that holds all that info that is a storage unit. This actually helps over all build the idea that they're both machine and sentient because they can grow and develop and learn with their AI and the spark is part of that. That's why I liked it when it was created because it became a missing piece in the story. Because if the Transformers were just simply machines, you could just reset and reboot them. This way it adds more to their existence and how they live.

A thought on things in the recent trailer, does the markings under Shatter's eyes qualify as freckles? If so, would that make her the first Transformer to have freckles?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pepperonimus

Pepperonimus Casual Fan

News Credits:
    @darkspellmaster I just don't buy the idea of human & robot love story on a PG movie. Her was an R rated movie.

7. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    I really do like your concept of a spark (I think in G1 it was called a laser core). A spark could be an analogue to a user's profile on your OS. It's the sum of past actions and modeled to your preferences. If you do a system reset and erase the user data can you still say that it's your OS? You can rebuild it for sure, but will it be the same user profile as before? Losing a spark, you lose a person that spark developed into. You can reignite a transformer, but will it be the same person or simply a tabula rasa? A baby transformer who has the potential to develop into another person.

Charlie is supposed to have a mother and a younger brother. I am not very sure, but I think that there might be also an actor cast for the father role. She's obviously a big sister.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    I bought myself a G1 Bumblebee shirt from Wal-Mart the other day, and I noticed something...the feet on this new design appear to homage G1 Bee's feet. The silver "shoe tread" around the yellow part of his feet vaguely resembles the bumper on G1 Bee (it might even be his rear bumper, who knows). It's subtle, but at a glace it gives off a similar shape and color placement. I can't imagine it's not intentional.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    So hey, you guys think we'll get an "in memory of" dedication to stop-motion animation legend Will Vinton, who passed away this previous Thursday? (Source: Stop-Motion Icon Will Vinton Passes Away at 70 | Animation Magazine)

You're probably thinking "there's no connection to him and this movie," but there actually kind of is. Without Will Vinton, we probably wouldn't have gotten Laika, and without Laika, we wouldn't have gotten Travis Knight's directorial debut, Kubo and the Two Strings. And who's directing Bumblebee? Travis Knight.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I still wonder about Martin Short's role in this.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

it might have been my imagination but does anyone else that watched the re-screening of the 1986 movie remember an additional scene of the bumblebee movie bts video, i tried looking looking to youtube but i i didn't see it, it showed the cast standing in front of a bumblebee statue, the appeared to be near the warehouse by the water that appears in the film

12. darkspellmaster

darkspellmaster Well-Known Member

Ah, thank you. Yeah that's a good way of seeing it. That's why I think the sparks that end up in the all spark end up being used to create new sparks with data from the old ones for certain functions (like flying and such) but the over all personality is only connected to that Transformer. Sort of like a custom hard drive or OS. I think it could only be the same person if the spark is not allowed to be returned to the all-spark and placed in a new protoform. However if it's fully reformatted then that spark becomes something or someone new as the info that was there is wiped clean and thus it's no longer that person. Sort of like how a clone of a person isn't the person that has passed since they didn't experience the same things as the first person did, so they're going to be different. The only way that works is if the Transformer's memory is part of the spark, but I don't think that is the case exactly. So different person than I would think.

I would love to see that, but I think you may see more homages to him in the movie or more likely in a stop motion movie.

13. Defender of Iacon

Defender of Iacon Well-Known Member

I like this take on the idea of Sparks, not the pseudo-religious, mystical one. That being said, I think with a Transformer, since they are machines, it would be much more sensible for them to able to upload their consciousness into different bodies, perhaps even multiple bodies at the same time, or create backups of their accumulated data, or maybe have central servers, or some kind of central computer bank where they upload their data into a collective consciousness ready to be re-downloaded.

14. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Eh, in fairness, I think we might have better luck seeing an "in memoriam" message in LAIKA's next movie, Missing Link, so never mind.

15. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Something occurred to me watching the trailers that I haven't seen anyone mention.

Blitzwing shouting "WHERE IS OPTIMUS PRIME". It's such a standard Decepticon line, I didn't think much of it. But in the 2007 movie, the Decepticons were specifically looking for the Allspark/Megatron, nobody was looking for Optimus. Also, I haven't seen the Allspark mentioned even once in reference to this movie. It's a stretch, but this could indicate the plot has changed from just being a 2007 prequel.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Pepperonimus

Pepperonimus Casual Fan

News Credits:
    That's what I thought. Why Blitzwing searching for Optimus in Earth if he still in Cybertron?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thewatcher88

Thewatcher88 Active Member

I feel like this dose not fit with the Bayformers storyline shockwave is a hunter not a logic guy.

18. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone else not going to mention that in the international trailer, Prime calls Bee by his Cybertronian name? B-127

Pretty frigging cool.

• Like Like x 2
  19. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    I'm a little surprised how slow Bumblebee news has been for the past two or three weeks. I'm not necessarily complaining because we don't need that much more (I'm totally sold on the movie as it is), but I expected a steady stream of news, trailers, TV spots, interviews, promo photos, etc. by about this time.

20. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    Really? I know Aquaman is releasing TV spots already, but to me it still seems too soon. Maybe, because the tagline is "this Christmas" and clearly, it isn't Christmas time yet. Just wait for November and you will be barraged with Christmas exhibitions and all those toy commercials featuring Bumblebee. If you will be buying Bee for a Christmas present why no throw in to seeing the movie at a cinema in the package.

• Like Like x 2