The Bumblebee Movie speculation and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Livingdeaddan, Feb 13, 2016.

1. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    I really can't express how excited I am for this movie. I've been reading about it for months and it sounds like it has the potential to be amazing!

As someone who grew up with G1, it's obviously going to be great to see Bee in his original Volkswagen form. (The car they're using looks absolutely gorgeous!) Outside of that, I'm actually hoping the movie goes easy on the G1 references, at least the obvious ones that have been done a million times. I don't need to hear "The Touch" or a bunch of quotes from the '86 movie. I'm actually hoping for more general '80s nostalgia, sort of like the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. I'd love a good mixtape in this!

I'm really looking forward to the tone of this. From what I gather it's going to be less action-based and more character driven. If so, this sounds great. Spider-man: Homecoming was my favorite movie of last year. My favorite thing about that movie wasn't the fight scenes (I actually thought the action in Homecoming left a lot to be desired), my favorite aspect was seeing Peter balance his superhero life with his school life and whatnot. I'm really hoping this movie is like that.

We could see how meeting this alien robot affects Charlie Watson's personal life. Does she show Bumblebee to her friends and become the cool kid, or does she keep Bee's secret? In turn, we could see how meeting a human affects Bumblebee's mission. There's a lot of angles to explore there. These are the sort of ideas that the '07 film had the perfect chance to explore, but sadly didn't. I'm hoping this movie goes deeper into that kind of thing. (I know this may sound boring to people who want action, but I'm sure there will be plenty of that too. We've had several decades of large-scale action-based Transformers media, and I think this could be an interesting chance to do something a bit more intimate.)

In general I'm excited for this movie and can't wait to see some footage from it. My only real gripe I have so far is the release date. I'm not really a fan of December releases, that time of year gets pretty busy and going to the movies in December is sometimes less memorable to me. I barely remember going to see Rogue One, but I clearly remember going to see Doctor Strange a month earlier (and I loved Rogue One). I'm hoping it gets moved to maybe an August or September release date, it seems like more of a summer thing anyway. Regardless, I'm still looking forward to seeing it.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol. Your excitement just made me more excited. I guess I just needed some positive energy with all the doom n' gloom surrounding the Bayverse lately.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sideways77

Sideways77 RIP Dandy Chiggins

News Credits:
    Especially when it's not justified. The Movies aren't for sure canceled, people just want them to be so they spread false information.

Onto speculation, those toy listings mention Barricade. Was there ever a police car sighted on set? I know that Mustang is speculated to be him, but it could also be Hot Rod.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    Right now I'm kind of confused on whether or not the movies are cancelled. From what I gather there are strong hints, but no definitive statement.

I feel like they'll wait until after the Bumblebee movie comes and goes before making a final decision. If it's a big hit, they'll probably want to continue the series. If it flops, it will probably be the end. I think it would be neat if they at least finished off the trilogy and ended the story with Epiosde 6. At best I would like to see a couple more spinoffs.

Yeah, the Barricade thing is interesting, that crossed my mind the other day also. It doesn't seem like a lot came out from the filming of this one, so maybe if there is police car it was kept secret or just wasn't spotted.

5. Sideways77

Sideways77 RIP Dandy Chiggins

News Credits:
    That's exactly it, really. John Warden said at NYTF that they're 'taking a break' with the Movies, which says to me they're going to see how Bumblebee performs before going further. Which explains why they got a popular and good director to tackle it, to hopefully make a movie that'll rejuvenate life into the TFCU.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Movies, but I do hope the story goes on. They were doing some interesting things, TLK just was just a major what the fuck.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    If that's the plan it sounds like a smart one. I would like the story to go on simply because they have a lot to work with after 11 years. A lot of it is convoluted, but there's still an established universe. A reboot would require creating a new universe from the ground up, and I'm a bit worried that it might not get as ambitious if Hasbro decides to take tighter control.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    I know I said that I don't want or need a lot of G1 references in the movie, but there are two callbacks I would like to see:

1. A subtle reference to Soundwave's tape deck mode. Maybe Charlie could just have a Walkman with yellow stripes or something. If we want to be a little more on-the-nose, maybe one of the Decepticons could have a similar looking radio built into their vehicle mode that they use to communicate with Soundwave (as an audio transmission in his satellite form).

2. An instrumental version of the original theme song, even if it's just played over the credits, or in the background during a chase.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I'm looking forward to this movie. Bumblebee has always been my favorite and I love the idea of the Iron Giant done Transformers style. Love the 80s setting, that we a female co-lead with BB, and hoping the new director will bring something fresh to the franchise.

• Like Like x 2
  9. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anybody know about the supposedly test screening

• Like Like x 1
  10. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    I don't know how to say this...

But I'm really tempted to wanting Frenzy in the movie as a Soundwave minion accompanying Barricade.

11. SimbaTron

SimbaTron Black Transformers fan

News Credits:
    I watched Lazlo’s recent video

12. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it actually happening?

13. SimbaTron

SimbaTron Black Transformers fan

News Credits:
    apparently

14. MrBenjamino

MrBenjamino Professional Goodboy

I have a friend on Facebook in a film group i'm in, he was on set and he told me there was
    a cringey shot of everyone following haliee steinfelds character as she got out of bumblebee lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Steven DeKnight Can’t Believe ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’ Exists Either

Relevant part:

You were part of the Transformers writers’ room. I’m so curious: What’s a Transformers writing room like?

It was a blast.

I imagine.

It was a room full of incredibly talented, interesting, really wonderful people. I’ve got to say, my time spent in there was just, more than anything, was just so much fun. Everyone was so much fun and interesting. And we actually wrote, I think it was, I want to say 12 different movies. Every one of us took a different idea and developed it into like a full 30-page outline, so there were like 12 movies. And also, in complete honesty, my absolute favorite movie of the bunch was the Bumblebee movie that they’re making right now.

I’ve heard good things about it.

The idea was fantastic.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Necrisha

Necrisha Creative, vindictive-possibly a deception.

As someone who's been in a 1968-69 Volkswagon beetle with original seats/sketchy ass heating pipe, I hope there's at least one very springy seats reference said while bee's using that alt. Most entertaining and terrifying vehicle to push 110 km/h in... It was Herbie orange too.

17. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    I'm actually looking forward to the movie. I like this iteration of Bumblebee and I think the rumours say that Barricade is also in this.

What else is there to know? I had a yearly leave of absence and I'd like to catch up with the crowd. Anyone willing to help out?:) 

• Like Like x 2
  18. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Okay, going to toss in some speculation on various characters/plot points:

I think, if the four robots thing holds true, then we're getting BB, Barricade (70s/80s cop car?), Rumble (the Plymouth), and Soundwave as the robots. We never know how Barricade made it to earth after all. However, I think that while it starts with Bumblebee barely escaping Barricade and Rumble, winding up being found, Soundwave sort of plays the mission control role of spotting Bumblebee up until S7 enters the fray, also looking for Bumblebee. While Bumblebee deals with both groups, he offs Rumble somehow (or S7 do) and it ends with Soundwave pulling back, Barricade going deeper into cover, and Bumblebee on a new mission; find the Allspark

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    What was cringey about it? Is it like a slow motion shot set to music? If so, that's the kind of cornball '80s stuff I'm hoping for, lol!

Did anymore info come out of that group?

20. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits: