The Bumblebee Movie speculation and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Livingdeaddan, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Grimlock528

Grimlock528 Well-Known Member

Holy! Yes please!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Indie Musician, Scumbag Jesus

That would also explain why Drift and Bee don't like each other.

I'm pretty excited to see John Cena take on the role of an S7 agent and I am thrilled to see they even bothered with that sort of continuity.

Kubo was a beautiful film and this movie will answer the question of if the questionable direction of the Bayverse story was because of the director or other forces in play.

Also, I really really want this movie to be under two hours.

If this movie was like 1 and half, 1 hour 45, that could help the smaller budget go farther for robot screen time. Plus I doubt this movie is gonna have a driller, or a knightship, and who knows how much of the double budget went to stuff like that.

4 robots dividing 70-100 million of budget with no big set pieces and a character driven story, with a shorter run time, could potentially be, very very good.

I'm at a cautious 6.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Galvatross

Galvatross Online Fandoms Suck! Veteran

Personally I thought Bee's child-like behavior and lack of discipline was a good enough reason as to why Drift didn't think much of Bee, although I agree Drift being given additional reasons would be a very good thing. So yeah, I would love it if a pre-Drift Deadlock was one of the Decepticons in this movie. If that's the case, perhaps Charlie's relationship with Bee is what will convince him he's on the wrong side.

• Like Like x 1
  4. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    I wanted to address my overall thoughts on this film here.

So this being the first TF movie without Michael Bay definitely opens up doors on what a Transformer movie could offer besides being explosive extravaganzas people have perceived them to be. First question asked is "How can this be a Bumblebee movie if Bumblebee is one of the main TF characters in the films?" It's the same way Wolverine can have his own movies within the X-Men movies.

Every TF movie, there was potential in the content it could promise but ultimately the movies just don't deliver because I don't think Bay has it in him to make it happen. Like I thought, Optimus's evil turn in TF5 could be a powerful character-driven arc that is ultimately undercut by how Bay rushes through that moment.

With Kubo on his belt, we can understand that Knight has something to offer. Even if we don't agree with the choice to focus on an Iron Giant/E.T. esqe story because A. It's not Transformer-oriented enough or B. It's too similar to the 2007 movie, I would respect that as a vision the director is aiming for, if his words stick. Another thing that I want to address is that a movie with a clear set goal on what it wants to be is better than a movie that is lost with its focus (i.e. The Last Knight).

It's like The Last Jedi as of recent. Rian Johnson made the movie that he claims was his vision. He's not there to fan serve people on what they want to see, which is why some people are angry with his film. Even I admit, I don't agree with every choice he has given but I at least appreciate what he was going for.

I have no ill-will against anyone making this movie. That includes Lorenzo (who pretty much seems to be in vein with the likes of Kathleen Kennedy)... Yes, he feels like that guy with a corporate mind-set and he might be giving questionable input to the movies but he's human nevertheless. John Cena, to be fair has proven himself to be a talent. He's growing as an actor and his role is of interest here because isn't he playing a Sector 7 agent? I mean Sector 7 is a big continuity factor that we can confirm here....

Lastly, this is to all the people who think the VW Beetle is a simple G1 reference. True... But here's what I thought. Bumblebee is a character who likes to keep his appearance fresh and hates being out of date. I mean you see that when he switches from 1977 Camaro to the 2006 model or even in AOE, where he was the 1967 Camaro( to hide from Cemetry Wind) before changing to 2014 model. In the 2007 movie, where Sam is buying Bumblebee, Bumblebee smacks that Volkswagen. The idea that he's a VW Beetle could help elevate that scene in which he was trying to say, "I'm way past that time."

If any of you saw the way Luke Skywalker reacts to his dad's lightsaber in TLJ ... You'll understand somehow.

Overall, I like giving things a chance and to determine if a movie is good or not.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

God I hope not

• Like Like x 3
  6. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

7. DominoParadox

DominoParadox Moltenstorm the destroyer

Twitter:
    I reckon the end credit scene will show the frozen body of Megatron, here's how I played it out in my mind. "After the battle with the mysterious Decepticons, the remaining sector 7 agents retreat back to hoover dam. The cold statue like Megatron stares at the humans, his demonic red eyes glow lightly. He speaks of few words in his chamber after nearly being thawed out, the humans mistake his words of 'I am Megatron..' into 'I am Mega-man.' The sector 7 agents gasp in shock before they trap the beast in his cage once more. The city of which the final battle took place would change forever, it would become a wasteland, the government blaming it on the Soviet Union." the camera changes angles, being directly focused on the Allspark, the scenery changes again to Cybertron. "Optimus Prime led his fellow Autobots on one last stand, many died as they reached a small space shuttle, the Autobots stare at their wounds as they begin flying to Earth. The shuttle would be destroyed by the Nemesis as both factions scramble to survive a fiery inferno. The Autobots convert into their protoform modes and they enter the clutches of space, wandering it for 2 decades, the Decepticons on the other hand manage to crash the ship onto a moon, most of the crew evacuated into space, following the autobots." It's pretty poop too be honest.

• Like Like x 1
  8. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    So I actually watched The Edge of Seventeen as of recent (really overlooked movie from 2016). And I got to say Hailee Steinfeld has my confidence in being able to give us a relate able teenage character maybe even more than Shia. *gasp*

The problem with the human characters within the movies had always boiled down to characterization IMHO. It's not about screen time, it can be about why I should give a care to these characters when they are thrown into some situation.

We'll see if the good coming of age material from that movie can be replicated once more.

9. Septimus-Prime

Septimus-Prime Well-Known Member

So this movie is a reboot, right? I hope we get to see more Robots than humans! Look at Transformers Prime!

10. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

Not a reboot

11. Septimus-Prime

John Cena said so, he said; "Its a wonderful reboot!".

12. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

There's a previous thread about that. He said a reboot but it seems what he really meant is "fresh, new, and different". Every sources in the internet told us that Bumblebee would be in the bayverse and happened before TF1

13. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    Something I picked up.

So most of the movie's filming takes place in California, right?

I feel like that's another continuity tie-in because I think that's the state Sam also lives in. Obviously the synopsis confirms it.

"Twenty years before the events of the first film, in 1987, Bumblebee takes refuge in a small California beach town junkyard. A teenage girl learns that it is no ordinary Volkswagen Beetle."

I mean Griffiths Observatory was in the 2007 movie, right? And Bumblebee drove Sam and Mikaela to that place?

• Like Like x 3
  14. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers Universe:The Bumblebee Movie
    Will not watch.
    Refuse to accept this is TF6.
    TF6 is TLK's sequel.
    Bumbkebee,Moonracer,Barricade,and a possible Decepticon Ironhide due to today's leaks.
    Meh.

15. Septimus-Prime

If you say so.

16. Op Minor

Op Minor Well-Known Member

Hadn’t even thought of that. If that’s the case, could it be possible that Charlie’s character might retroactively be an Easter egg in the 2007 movie (albeit 20 years older)?

• Like Like x 1
  17. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    I don't think so. But I think that scene in the 2007 movie where Bumblebee hits the VW could have new meaning.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Op Minor

Op Minor Well-Known Member

Agreed.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Bumblebee's air freshener might have been a gift from Charlie perhaps she won it at the Carnival that's in the Movie.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Hot Roding Autobot Punk

YouTube:
    YES! Transformers prime was amazing and one of my favorite shows ever. It was great.