The Bumblebee Movie speculation and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Livingdeaddan, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Well it happened, for better or worse Hasbro's golden boy is getting his own movie.

I haven't decided if it's something I'm really happy about or not, I do basically like bumblebee but his movie incarnation is a bit choppy, and he has to start speaking.

So where and when will the movie be set?

3 things come to my mind

1) Post AOE. Bumblebee falls out with the AOE/TF5 crew or is the only survivor after TF5 and goes his own way, getting caught up in some trouble, and buddies up with some human.

2) Pre TF1. The story of Bumblebee coming to earth. Could have barricade as his main adversary.

3) Distant past. Maybe the story of how Bee met Prime, or what happened after he left Cybertron for Earth.

Option 1 seems the most likely. Option 2 would still be a mute Bee, and Option 3 would cost a billion dollars.

They said the bumblebee movie won't be what we expect. But I don't really believe it will be so far removed from the other movies.

Anyway, which of those options do you like or think likely, and what ideas do you have?

2. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Can we PLEASE not bring Goldbug into this?

:-\

• Like Like x 2
  3. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  4. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    How about peace time on earth, so he can actually be his old beetle self.
    A sort of Transformers Herbie could be refreshing for the franchise.

5. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Isn't there places where they still make old bugs? Somewhere in South America? Bee could be hanging out in chile learning to surf, but then, Sky Byte and the Sharkticons turn up, and challenge him to a surf off in a really dangerous break.... but they're like.. mad cheaters.. or something! :) 

• Like Like x 2
  6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    A Bumblebee film, and he's still mute..geez.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    As I already said I think, that it will a prequel-so before TF1! It may explain the Goldner's words "unlike anything we've seen before". We will see some epic Cybertron events from Bumblebee's eyes. Although obviously we'll see many other heroes (I dream to see Hound and Ironhide together!:D ) Bumblebee may will be not mute and we could get a lot of his characterization-as young, loyal and initiative Autobot!

8. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I suspect and would most definitely like to see some backstory to him.
    I'd like them to cover his troubled teen years as Optimus described in AOE,
    how he lost his voice in the first place,
    events from his POV on Cybertron and searching for the Allspark and ending up on Earth,
    And is Barricade his rival and why could Ratchet not repair him?

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    He gets his voice back and his voice isn't that voice Mark Ryan used in the first movie.

It's awesome.

well it would be a start.

10. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I am not really too wild about the pre-TF 1 or Cybertron ideas in Bumblebee's case, nor would I have the other Autobots die in TF 5. I guess I would prefer it to be a situation in which Bumblebee gets separated somehow or has a falling out.

I think it should have a different feel from the other movies, and the main villain shouldn't be a Decepticon leader like Galvatron. It should be smaller in scale and not just an all out war. I think an antagonist like Ratbat or one or more of the Insecticons or something along those lines could work well. Heck, I think Bumblebee could potentially be a good way to introduce the Maximals and Predacons to the Movieverse. I just think villains/allies with animalian alternate modes could work well with Bee. He ripped out Ravage's "spinal column" and enjoys working with Strafe after all.

Of course, I'm open to other ideas.

11. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

The movie will have no explosions in it and instead be about Bumblebee going on a sightseeing tour across America/the world while trying to hide his robot identity, causing all sorts of wacky hijinks involving grand-theft-bumblebee by unsuspecting shady individuals. Also bumblebee interacts with a bunch of animals, most likely the skittish kind like deer or antelopes and at least one less-than-graceful one like an elephant or moose that takes a shit on his face. It will rival Hanna-Barbera nostalgia-based cartoon reboots at the box offices. Also at least one antagonist will fall into a giant wedding cake because while that's never actually been funny to anyone over 4 maybe this time will be different?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  12. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

It will be a musical and dancing movie about bee growing up in the slums of iacon.

• Like Like x 3
  13. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe he and Sam get back together and enter into a dance off against against Stanly Tucci and his creations. :D 

14. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let Danny Boyle do it and that would probably actually be good.

What would really be cool would be a retelling of Hearts of Steel (of course with a few Bayverse tweaks- but not too many).

15. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Something like RID2015 is my best guess, with him trying to lead a bunch of Autobots against a Decepticon army.

But what would be cool IMO is if he fought some insect-themed bots like him: Blackarachnia, Airachnid, Waspinator (his TFA version) or even the classic Insecticons from G1 (Bombshell, Shrapnel, Kickback).

16. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

Bumblebee will probably succeed Optimus as leader leaving any hopes for Hot Rod not looking too good. Glass half empty? Yeah, you betcha.

17. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

A mix of trainspotting, Oliver twist and cry baby or grease

18. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im really digging the pre tf1 idea. I think its perfect for a standalone yet it can still be connected to the main series. they should take elements from the fall of cybertron game.

19. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I think a prequel film should be separate from the Bumblebee movie.

As for what it should be, I'd like to see a coming of age story where Bumblebee has to take responsibility and learn to take charge and be a more capable leader. Maybe have him establish a strong, lasting alliance with the humans through his friendlier, more idealistic personality. (As opposed to the scarred, pragmatic character Optimus Prime has become.)

I really just want to see something that showcases Bumblebee's best traits, while still allowing other characters a chance to shine.

20. Megano

Megano Well-Known Member

I had an idea for the film where more autobots come to earth..(theese include powerglide tailgate pipes? Gears cosmos seaspray warpath and hubcap) bumblebee joins the team in locating astrotrain(who works under straxus leading the decepticon high council into populating earth with there soldiers) they are certain to stop astrotrain eventually they take him down in the first he of the film(first half is 2 hours the second half is 3) anybody care to Finnish?