the BS Thursday Tour of botcon 09

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by gen1fan, Jun 7, 2009.

1. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If u went on the thursday tour of hollywood. Please hell me make the list of reason why we want a refund. I talk to Brain and he wants to know who was under happy with the tour and why. So please help me help you.

Just so u know I was on the bus that skip Rodeo, and I was the guy that open his beer on the bus that how bored i was. also I would of been happy to stop at the tar pits and at the adult store/club

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  2. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I thought the tour was horrible. I know we passed sites that I would have liked to have seen just to make it to the Hollywood bowl which most of which was closed or roped off. A total waste of time. I did like the walk of fame and the Chinese Theater but waiting for the messup at the wax museum prevented us from seeing other sites. I still do not know why we walked all the way up the mall and back down? What was that all about? If that was just to get a picture of the Hollywood sign which was miles miles away?!?! Finally, I know FP had no idea the tour guide they hired would be so bad. Telling us about his apartment and where he lived but nothing about the sites as they went past us. What upset me the most was that with traffic we were not going all that fast but yet he pointed stuff out as we went past it. We were promised the tar pits. We were told we could not stay long but that we would definately see the tar pits. Now I guess I was expecting more that hey see that passing us, yeah that's the tar pits. What a let down. All because we had to wait for the screwup at the museum. I would like to think they had more in store for us but.. You knew it was bad when the whole bus wanted to stop the tour and go back to the hotel. That should tell you something. I totally think a refund or some compensation is in order.

3. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I guess I can't say I'd expect a refund from FP unless they get compensation, but that's just me. Some of what happened was not their fault, like the tix mess up. It was just a bit disorganized on FP's part.
    I sure could have done without the Hollywood Bowl, I agree that was a total waste of time to stop.
    I would have prefered to have been totally on our own at Grauman's etc. but we did enjoy the wax museum. I would rather have had tix that could be used at either museum if we so chose to go and be on our own.
    I am glad I was on the bus I was on, at least we got back at a decent hour and were not forced to stop at Rodeo. I think most would have been happier to stop at the Target we passed. I would have liked to make short stops at some other photo ops like the Brown Derby and the tar pits etc.
    Our guide was pretty good but most on the bus were so keyed up just to be at BotCon (and understandably so) it was hard to pay attention to him. I wouldn't turn down a partial or whole refund, but I'm not comfortable asking FP to do so unless they get compensation. (This is why I am not rich! I'm too soft.)

4. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Our guide would point out stuff and say we cant go see it and then pointed out several 99 cent stores. He was a good 20 min late. No tickets ready for the wax museum or guiness, and then we didnt get to go to ripleys. We left a guy behind on rodeo even after we told them we were missing someone. The tour was 10 hrs or boring crap, unless you were intrested in seeing banks and a zillion churchs and being told that cool stuff is ahead but we can't see it. Our shuttle driver showed us more cool stuff in 10 min than we seen in 10 hrs with the stupid guide.

5. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^QFT

Me and mel both just wanted to get the fuck outta there. Wait wait and wait somemore, and then to get back almost 2 hours after the first bus was a fuckin pain in the ass, was hoping to get a decent spot in line and actually was right next to some people that just registered that friggin day.
    So much for early registration.

:lol  and the whole "cool stuff down that street... but we're not gonna see it" was funny as hell. and "Do you have .99 cent stores where your from, there just great!" was hilarious.

6. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, me and my wife were fortunate to be on the bus that skipped Rodeo and got back to the hotel early. The tour guide wasn't much of a tour guide (and informed us of that more than 2 times, LOL). He wouldn't point out anything until it was right next to us while it passed us by. The Hollywood Bowl wasn't near as attractive as say the Tar pits would have been. It's a bad tour when everyone was getting excited about Transformers: ROTF Billboards (I swear we have like 7-8 pics of those things). Most of our tour was filled with the type of market their apartments were in and the rent rates. It was pretty bad when we looked back and thought one of the highlights was running into a Hot Topic and then seeing a bum pissing on the sidewalk next to the bus. I too wouldn't expect a total refund, but something would be nice considering the circumstances...

7. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Now that's bad. :lolol 

8. gen1fan

News Credits:
    Same Here, I think I got 8 myself

What was even funnier was that he was walking and takinga piss at the same time

9. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    Sucks that you guys had a crappy tour guide. I would have done it for free, well, just rent a shuttle van for everyone. I know all the cool places. Yeah, those tour guides I see around here are ******ed. :lol 

10. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Yep. Im a SFV native. So I pretty sure I could come up with a better tour.

I would haul ass though cause there is a LOT people need to see in LA. First of all Hollywood is boring. sure Walk of Fame, Manns theater and Hollywood sign.

But I would have taken you guys to Griffith Observatory (where they filmed TFTM spend like 15 mins of picture taking) then haul ass to little Tokyo. look at an anime shop there and Kinkuniya book store. then haul ass to Frank and Sons. For those who dont live in Socal, Frank and Sons is like a dealer room of a anime/comic con. Spend a couple hours haggling and looking for stuff.

There tour done!!!

11. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I would have been all over that!! Finally, someone who understands us collectors!

12. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yup, He pointed out his Apt. a couple of times. Dragged us all up to like the third or fourth level of the Kodak for a view of the Hollywood sign all the while telling us it would be hard to see with the haze. Then after all walking up we had to take the elevator that held maybe 8 people down.
    I have several billboard sign photos as well.
    I loved the mass yell of "Can we stop?" as we passed a Target and the "Take us back, PLEASE!" at Rodeo Dr. We TF Fans have our priorities straight!

Now singing...Where were you when we needed you, where oh where were you....

13. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:

I was doing exactly what I said I would do. minus the Frank and Sons collectible show. Sadly they are only open Wed 5-9 and saturday 9-3

My GF hasnt been back in LA for a couple years so we went to Little tokyo and other stuff she wanted to go see and eat. Lots of local restaurants that arent here in pittsburgh.

14. BlackzaraK

BlackzaraK deceptabum

News Credits:
    frank and sons ..better know for (robbing your sons) if your not carefull some vender want your first born for some items specialy for transformers..have to really look around.cool place for random collectibels

15. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    gen1fan, just wondering if you have told brian or anyone about this thread yet and if you have seen others bitching about the lame tour?

16. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    I understand that some of you were obligated by significant others. but really if Botcon was in your hometown would you really bother with the tour?

LAME haha

17. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wasn't obligated to go, it was our first time out to California and we thought it would be a great experience... Boy were we wrong. Aside from meeting and getting to know a bunch of cool people(on the bus), we left not really knowing more than we did before the "tour" started! Your suggestion actually sounded 10x better than what we experienced, LOL
    Hopefully next year is better...

18. gen1fan

News Credits:
    i talk to brain at the con and he was going to talk to thetour company and see WTF about the tour guides and why the did not have their stuff squared away