The Brett Favre Scandal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leadfoot, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

As someone who grew up loving NFL football in the 90's, it's tough for me to watch what's happening with Brett Favre. He allegedly sent inappropriate voicemails, texts, and pictures to a New York Jets employee. Granted, he chose well - she is hot enough to burn your retinas - but this isn't the sort of thing the ol' gunslinger needs to end his career. He's battled controversy before in the form of painkiller addiction, but come out all the more heroic in the eyes of the public in its aftermath. This time, it's far less forgivable and nothing good can come of it.

Once viewed as a hero and an icon of what it means to be tough, he stands the risk of going down in history as a deeply flawed, womanizing pervert with a great throwing arm. This is sad and difficult to watch. I'm aware that a lot of people view him as a prima donna and an attention hound, but most of them weren't growing up as a kid and teenager as he provided the best thrills NFL football can offer. He's been a hero to me, and now that's tarnished.

There are pictures of his penis floating around on the net and embarrassing revelations yet to come, and I can't help but have mixed feelings. On the one hand, he's a regular guy and one has to accept that, and who among us hasn't sent pictures of our fat cocks to women? On the other hand, I never did it when married, as he is, or high profile as he is as well. It was unbelievably stupid for him to send stuff like that to her, and though I haven't heard much of her side of the story, why did she give him her cell number in the first place? Did she see this as her chance at stardom? She's already been offered a movie role as a result of this exposure.

It's just an all around bad situation. Thoughts?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    A hero, with feet of clay? In SPORTS? Never happens.

Maybe it's because they're just human like you or I, and are sometimes held to a higher standard because of their occupation, maybe its the constant indulgence and, at the same time, scrutiny society places on them, but I find myself hard pressed to think of a "legend" in any sport that was not tarnished in some manner.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    The fact that it has reduced the nauseatingly incessant football chatter that usually surrounds my desk to absolutely nothing makes it AWESOME.

4. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    The man has a nice penis.

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Meh, I expect this behavior from athletes. They're alphas males in a sport that glorifies violence, and pays them WAY too much money. No matter the pedestals we put these icons upon, in today's digital world they will always come tumbling down. My suggestion is for fans to erase the notions that these guys were ever heroes or role models. Enjoy sports for what they are, not what we wish them to be.

6. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Are you honestly asking this question?

7. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I'm a huge sports fan, but I don't give a shit what these jackasses do off the field. I know enough to separate the man from the athlete. Most of these guys are complete buffoons who would at best be cleaning animal cages for a living if they couldn't run faster, jump higher, and throw farther, than the average man. I don't think any less of Favre because he sent some hottie a picture of himself, or sounded like a pathetic old man in those messages because I was pretty sure he was a dipshit to begin with. Although, I do think he's even dumber than I originally thought he was.

As far as him still playing and looking older than Hugh Heffner; if some team is dumb (desperate enough) enough to sign and pay him, them I say play.

8. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    why did she give him her cell number in the first place?

She didn't give it to him. One of the PR guys for the Jets did. Favre even mentions that in one of the messages he left for Jenn. Part of the "scandal" is how the Jets organization handled this whole situation, not so much that Favre wanted to bang a hot chick.

9. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Ah, well that changes it...

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    IO just want Favre gone so we can get a quarterback who isn't ready to go on social security, andhe can take Childress with him.

11. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    The girl looks like a younger version of his wife....personally its doesn't surprise me...why get marry in the first place?

She knew what he wanted, these girls ain't stupid...he ain't txtin and callin her becuz she can hold a conversation.....really that's between him and his wife....

12. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

fixed.

13. exclusacon

News Credits:
    Thanks....

14. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Yes, I was honestly asking that question. As another poster pointed out, he wouldn't be calling and texting her for the great conversation and she would certainly have known that. So, if she had given him her phone number, it would certainly be a bit incriminating to her.

On a side note, I heard one of the messages he left her on voicemail. He said nothing lewd or overtly sexual, he simply said he would love for her to come over. Everyone knows what he meant, but here's the problem that presents: how does Favre go from asking her to come over in polite terms, to sending pictures of his cock? Either he's completely nuts, or she responded to his advances in a way that elevated the level of flirtatiousness.

15. exclusacon

News Credits:
    Becuz she asked for those pics....its blackmail tactics...I believe they talk more than what she leading on too....not to say farve isn't capable of just randomly sending pics...

16. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

This whole thing is a joke.She's just using this to get the publicity and probably a nice chunk of change.Why didn't this all come out two years ago when it supposedly happened?She's just as bad as he is.

17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't work up enough interest to care about this one way or the other. If he didn't break any laws, then it's between him, his wife, the other woman and potentially his employers, if his contract has some sort of morals clause. Otherwise, it has no impact on my life whatsoever, beyond having to hear about it constantly.

And to put things in perspective, I used to live in Atlanta, where the pro QB had a dog-fighting problem, and I now live in Pittsburgh, where the pro QB appears to have a rape problem. Compared to that, Favre texting a picture of his penis is nothing.

*raises hand*

I can honestly say that nothing along the lines of "hmm, maybe I'll take a picture of my genitals and send it to some woman" has ever crossed my mind. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I don't send anyone a picture of anything that I wouldn't be comfortable having posted all over the internet.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Now I'm CONVINCED that Gramps ain't the guy to help the Vikings shake me down for tax money for a stadium. I couldn't be happier that he's a sexting pervert. Hell, they can make him captain for the next Vikings sex cruise, if he doesn't throw out a hip.

19. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I hope he's found at fault so Goddell has no choice but to suspend him for 4 games.

20. exclusacon

News Credits:
    Why would goodell suspend him? She wasn't employee by him...rothesburger actually rape a woman, not once but twice....