The Bourne Legacy

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Dr Kain, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

This image I made sums up my thoughts:

[​IMG]

The movie was down right awful. It did not feel like a Bourne movie at all, there way too many scene changes going on in the first hour, absolutely no suspense, and worst of all, it was just down right boring. The music to the movie sucked ass, especially disappointing since the music to the previous movies was great and always fit with the mood. It insults everyone's intelligence and it was clearly some other crappy movie they decided to just throw into the Bourne universe just to make money. Go see The Dark Knight Rises again instead.

2. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    I liked it better that the first three. :confused2 

3. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Off the record, I'm gonna say that filming the third act in the Philippines was a complete waste of time and resources; it was merely a means to exploit yet another third-world country and the worst parts of it. I don't really see why
    the specialty drugs were being manufactured there when they could've been produced stateside, given their top-secret nature
    . And the motorcycle chase scene is a completely incorrect portrayal of Manila rush-hour traffic, as cars do not go above 10 mph on that road.

When I attended the premiere night, one of the film's producers flew in from Hollywood to explain why they chose the Philippines over Indonesia and Vietnam. He said that the production team had friends in the Philippine government that allowed them to shut down parts of Manila for filming. Of course, he avoided the obvious reason, which was that the casting of extras cost next to nothing, as they built new roofs for their houses for the chase scene.

4. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I still think Identity is the best.

The thing is, the way the first three movies are filmed and its score really make it stand out from standard action movies. They felt fresh and original. Now, everything uses the shaky cam technique (just like how everyone started copying bullet time from The Matrix) and this movie felt just like another action movie but was not good enough to be its own movie. Plus, it just didn't feel like a Bourne movie. It had some great ideas in it, such as focusing on other characters from the program, but the execution was boring.

5. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    I will admit that a large part of my enjoyment came from watching Renner while still experiencing an Avengers high. :lol 

I agree though, it does feel different from the first three. And the motorcycle chase scene got boring after a few minutes, but I feel that way about pretty much every over-long chase scene in films.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I thought it was alright, but to be honest I've never seen the original trilogy outside of five minutes of Ultimatum involving a birthday date or something.

7. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I haven't watched the first 3 films. Is this a good jumping on point?

8. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    You have to watch the Bourne trilogy first, as you'll be completely confused by what's going on in the new film without them. Just be cautious of The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum due to Paul Greengrass' style of direction (shaky-cam syndrome and an average of 1.4 seconds per camera shot).

9. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Ugh, what a waste of Jeremy Renner. Not even a decent end fight? It was also a waste of the guy that played Larx-3 as well. He was decent in the Predators.