"The Boondock Saints" TV Series

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by RebelMan, Jun 14, 2011.

1. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    News Credits:
    Troy Duffy Says "BOONDOCK SAINTS" TV Series Could Be on the Way

After hitting only five screens for one week in its theatrical release, The Boondock Saints has gone on to become on of the biggest cult classics around. Now after a huge fan following demanded a sequel ten years after the original, it appears more of everyone’s favorite vigilantes may be on the way to the small screen. We Got It Covered recently talked to director Troy Duffy and asked if another film sequel could be on the way. Indirectly, it sounds like that’s the plan, but the MacManus brothers will instead return in the form of a TV series. Duffy says, “We’ve been approached to do a possible Boondock Saints TV series. So the fans may be getting a part 3 as a television show. We might be able to pull that off. I actually called both Sean [Patrick Flannery] and Norman [Reedus] and they both said ‘hell yeah, we’ll drop everything.’”

Troy Duffy Bringing The Boondock Saints To Television | We Got This Covered
  2. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

Feb 20, 2007
    News Credits:
    One the one hand, I love the shit out the Boondock Saints. Sean and Norman both have marvelous dudebro chemistry going on, and Billy Connolly as their father was inspired.

On the other hand, I recognize the limitations of television in terms of content. Budget wouldn't be a huge issue since they're literally street vigilantes and not Batman. However given the sort of people they routinely (and awesomely) put to the sword, the themes may be softened.

HBO, hear my plea: already you have delivered the brilliance of 'The Sopranos', and now you have bequeathed to mankind 'Game of Thrones'. You pulled no punches with both, and are better products for it. If 'Boondock Saints' is to make its mark, it will need your understanding hands.