The Bones series threads

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by General Magnus, Apr 6, 2010.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Anyone here besides me follows this series? I think it´s like a cool series and the dude from Angel makes an awesome role as an FBI agent. The interaction between him and the chick is also extremly funny. Btw, Cam (the black chick) is smoking hot.

2. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

I like it. I've seen up to the beginning of Season 4. I don't have TV (refuse to pay for cable when I only watch three shows), so I have to wait for the DVDs. Of course, since I'm also a cheapass who won't buy a DVD series until it sinks under $40 (they start off at around $60 here in Canada), it takes me a while to get 'caught up' on the few shows I like.

Overall, a great mixture of comedy, gore and story telling. :) 

3. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

It's one of my favorite shows and has been since the first season. It's a lot of fun and much more interesting than any of those other crime drama type shows. I'm looking forward to episode #100 and finding out what happened between Booth and Brennan before the first episode of the series.

4. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

I've just gotten into it this season after watching a couple shows at my inlaws place. The one episode that paid homage to "King of Kong" was good fun.

5. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    I don't like it. I think the show is very poorly written, especially the dialogue.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I've watched the equivalent of a season (most of this one, part of the last), but I'm still not sure whether I really like it or not. Much like House and Human Target, Bones is a show I'll sit down and watch if I'm not doing anything else, or leave on for background noise if I'm busy with something else, but I don't go out of my way to see it. I like the forensics/procedural stuff and Bones herself is an interesting character (and Emily Deschanel is gorgeous, IMO). However, most of the secondary characters don't interest me and Bones/Booth sexual tension has gotten boring and dominates too much of the show.

7. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Netflix has all 4 seasons available to stream.

8. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

WGN (I'm not sure its basic cable or not) and former KCOP/UPN/My Network TV have the old shows.

9. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've watched Bones from episode number 1... loved David B. since Buffy, then Angel.. he does a pretty good job as Booth..I've read all of Kathy Reichs "Temperance Brennan" series..and the TV is not like her books, but still pretty good.. Glad they will be celebrating their 100th episode :thumb 

10. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Very good show, but it's just Bones not "The Bones" lol. I wasn't expecting a completely different thread from the title.

11. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Tonight's 100th episode was really good. I'm totally sad about the ending though. I guess since it's Bones' show, she's the one that has to realize what everyone else has known forever and then go after Booth.

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, fairly predictable episode. This just keeps up the status quo, basically, except now the show will get maybe 1 - 1.5 seasons out of Booth and Bones each cycling through various significant others before finally getting together. Can't blame the writers, since they can't exactly resolve the sexual tension either way or it'll kill the major focus of the series. Not sure I'm going to continue watching, since the characters' personal lives are overwhelming the procedural side so much (much like House, actually) and it seems obvious where the plot is going to go.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  13. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Loved last nights episode

14. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

OMG I am such a freaking dork about this series and I absolutely love it, but what the hell was that last night...? Jeez, I almost felt like I was watching Macross again with the Love Triange or Evangelion with the Hedgehog's dilemna.

Has anybody ever seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show? Janet gets it, Brad gets it, Booth gets it, Angela gets it, Bones... doen't get it. Dude even her old man knows, talk about having all the degrees on a thermometer and still being as smart as a box of rocks. Brennnan feels it too hence why she wrote the book where the 2 own a club, are married, and expecting...Booth feels it by processing it in a dream and after he does wake from the coma; he's just never shook the feeling.

Seriously, I have the feeling that the last episode of this series we're gonna see the 2 of them down in Carolina somewhere walking his kid and a toddler on the beach...talking about old times in the lab.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  15. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I like it and have watched it from the beginning. I think it's a fun show. I haven't really agreed with some of the odd storylines they've chosen, but it's entertaining.

16. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

My favorite Bones series is Eureka Seven.

Attached Files:

17. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

WTF?!? Vincent?!? Why not Daisy?!?

18. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    If it had happened two years ago I would have been really pissed. I can't even remember the last time Vincent showed up and, sadly, I didn't really feel anything about his death considering how little he's been on the show lately.