The biggest continuity goofs in the movieverse

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by unicronic, Jul 2, 2011.

1. unicronic

unicronic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    So there are some HUGE plotholes and general oversights when it comes to making sense of the three movies together. I'm not going to highlight the minor ones but some of the major ones. Some of these are truly embarrassing for a professional scriptwriter to have let slip through the net.

• The allspark gives Frenzy his entire body back but does nothing to repair Bumblee or his voice
    • The allspark revives both Megatron and Jetfire but despite Prime holding a shard at the end of Movie 1, they leave Jazz dead.
    • If Frenzy can regenerate his entire body from allspark energy, why did they have to rebuild Megatron before using the shard?
    • Micheala has a shard with her that revives Jetfire, why did no-one revive Optimus with it?
    • How could Megatron has collaborated either directly or indirectly with human conspirators if he was frozen in Ice since he first came to Earth?
    • How did Sentinel Prime know Megatron was on Earth if he was offline for so long?
    • How did the Matrix survive after being blown-up when Prime destroys the energy harvester?
    • The Fallen's plan to harvest The Sun and destroy Earth in the process directly conflicts with Megatron & Sentinel Prime's plan (many years in the making) to bring Cybertron to earth.
    • The Fallen, Megatron's master, has no knowledge of Sentinel Prime or his space bridge technology

Any other major plot holes in there?

2. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

3. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Now everyone off the premises. I have called the authorities and they will be hear in 30 seconds.

4. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Some of those can be explained if you really want to make it work.

The allspark gives Frenzy his entire body back but does nothing to repair Bumblee or his voice.

Despite what the writers say, the Allspark did fix his voice. I say this because fixing a voice box would be simple when compared to building a new body. Now, why does Bumblebee not speak in 2 and 3? I don't know.

The allspark revives both Megatron and Jetfire but despite Prime holding a shard at the end of Movie 1, they leave Jazz dead.

In the Titan comics, set in a universe where Megatron killed Sam at the battle of Mission City, the did bring Jazz back to life, but, he came back wrong. On the toy bio got G1 Deco Jazz, it says that Jazz was rebuilt. Take that as you'd like to.

If Frenzy can regenerate his entire body from allspark energy, why did they have to rebuild Megatron before using the shard?

My guess would be not enough energon in the shard to re-ignite Megatron's Spark AND repair him.

Micheala has a shard with her that revives Jetfire, why did no-one revive Optimus with it?

How It Should Have Ended asked the same question...lol

How could Megatron has collaborated either directly or indirectly with human conspirators if he was frozen in Ice since he first came to Earth?

Dylan said that Soundwave and Laserbeak came to his dad in the 1960's. My guess would be in the time between ROTF and DOTM Megatron was updated on the overall Decepticon operation on Earth.

How did Sentinel Prime know Megatron was on Earth if he was offline for so long?

My guess would be that before crashing on Earth, Megatron sent Sentinel a message along the lines of "Allspark found at location blah blah blah."

How did the Matrix survive after being blown-up when Prime destroys the energy harvester?

It's the Matrix. 'nuff said. :cool: 

The Fallen's plan to harvest The Sun and destroy Earth in the process directly conflicts with Megatron & Sentinel Prime's plan (many years in the making) to bring Cybertron to earth.

This one I can't really can't explain. The only thing I can think of is that The Fallen really wanted revenge on the planet that the first Primes died protecting.

The Fallen, Megatron's master, has no knowledge of Sentinel Prime or his space bridge technology.

I was under the impression that the space bridge was a well kept secret. It would not have done any good id everyone on Cybertron knew about it. As far as The Fallen knowing about Sentinel Prime, he must have thought he was dead like everyone else. Actually, he was dead, since they had to use the Matrix to bring him back, so, at the time, Optimus was the last Prime.

5. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

The Fallen wanted every Prime dead cause only they could kill him. Guess why Megatron is keeping Sentinel Prime's company.

6. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Allow me to answer you, My friend.

Frenzy was aware of the AllSpark's properties, BB was not.

Optimus wasn't aware of the AllSpark properties.

Frenzy had the whole AllSpark, Scalpel had one tiny piece.

Jetfire wasn't dead, he was on stasis lock [A.K.A in coma, or in "sleep mode" as Lennox calls].

I guess I could say there were other 'Cons besides Megs, but RedWolf, in his brillance, probably has a best answer.

Sentinel was allied with Megs, keep that in mind.

The Matrix cannot be destroyed, nor can the AllSpark [as the fallen said: "It can only transform"].

Check out Red Wolf's theory, it explains everything.

Red Wolf's theory.

7. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

Ok, about the reviving Prime with mikaelas fragment of the cube. Remember, Sam, Mikaela and Leo were all wanted fugitives, so if they somehow did get on the nest base, the dick head Galloway, despite Lennox and Epps arguing with him, would've brought them to justice.

8. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    Frenzy probably did something to activate the power of the allspark to heal himself. BB simply didn't. You'll have to ask BB why.

Damaged bots needed extensive repair without the full power of the allspark to repair them.

If you look over the 3 movies (helped to read books as well) the original plan was for Megs, Sentinel and the matrix to all come to earth. None of it was accidental or coincidence.

The shard Sam and Mikaela had was tiny, could probably only re-energize not completely repair or revive an extinguished spark. Jetfire was more in a deep stasis which he just needed to be woken up from.

Megatron was never alone, his minions were always busy even when he wasn't.

The matrix was first uber-powerful and it probably would have taken more than an explosion to destroy it. Plus it could have been deeper within the machine where it just didn't catch a big enough part of the explosion.

Harvesting the sun most likely wouldn't have been part of the plan had the original allspark not been destroyed.

The Fallen need an allspark first. Space bridge was useless without the means to rebuild Cybertron.

As for the Fallen, I was thinking he was an ace in the hole for Megatron and that Sentinel had no knowledge of his existence. I believe he would have come in when it was time to double cross Sentinel.

The original plan had Megs, Sentinel, and the Allspark coming to gather on earth to make the preparations to take Cybertron from there using the Space Bridge. Perhaps they chose earth because part of the plan may or may not have included finding the matrix and the machine.

Sentinel's ship was damaged and spun out of control through some space warp, and Megs went after the matrix after the Autobots launched it into space. The ROTF book I think says that the matrix would automatically return to where the matrix was, which is how that and Megs got here. Sentinel's ship was set to come here, but ended up crashed on the moon.

Soooo...that plan went all to hell. The 3 movies we saw were what happened when Megatron and the Decepticons desperately tried to salvage parts of that plan on the fly. We had Primes narrations for background, but obviously not even he knew the extent of the plans.

...And Prime wasn't totally wrong from the first movie, just turns out there was a lot more to that plan of using earth's resources to build armies to re-take Cybertron.

9. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron never allied himself with humans that was Soundwave who was Dylan's client remember?

Also you keep talking about Frenzy regenerating his body from the allspark, when does this happen?