The big TLK concept art thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shockwavers, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Cybertronian Hound(allegedly, was never named in film directly and we visibly don't see who it is). Wasn't exactly any alternate modes to scan. The ammo on his arm is the only sign of it being 'modern' and those ammo things were what he's used throughout the autobot/decepticon war, not something adopted from modern earth weapons. There are no visible rubber tires or other visible modern earth vehicle kibble.

And no time travel in the series yet, and not used in the series yet.

It's chunks of. Cybertron is made of layers. The outer layers have been the mostly damaged and large chunks missing to most of the outer layers gone. If you look at some of the plating layers, they don't match the size of the chunks missing or the pattern, they're from even farther outer layers. Some of the outter most layers have curvature that's closer to earth or suggest bigger than earth's spherical curves.

This layered cybertron thing is something that's been in the lore since G1. The planet was built on top of itself repeatedly to make the outward shells and grow the size. This was also a story point used about the Giant planet in AEC lore, which is true about Cybertron too but it didn't get as big as the giant planet. They talk about it briefly in G1 in random episodes too about Cybertron itself. Which is why the inside layers have all kinds of older/early cybertronian life-forms, besides the ones that were locked away below. It's also dabbled in during Beast Machines where it's discussed that Cybertron itself may have an organic core before Cybertron was formed around it and built bigger.

So a planet that big of already crumbling layers moving across the universe, probably lost more pieces and layers along the way. It's not like Quintessa would care. She's going to rebuild it all anyway once she accomplishes what she was trying to do. So losing chunks wasn't a concern. Might even make it easier for her to move it and use it as she intends. Less mass means less power needed to move it all.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  2. Sovietbot

Sovietbot Autobot from USSR

News Credits:
    Instagram:
  3. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    To make it more confusing, while the title says "Washington" the file is named as "Napoleonic Transformers" .

4. Yohan PLMIXMB

Yohan PLMIXMB Not well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These are awesome finds, Thanks Lazlow

• Like Like x 1
  5. LegoLover58

LegoLover58 Bumblebee Gourmet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wow, the Canopy concept art has actual depth in it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dinoprime09

Dinoprime09 Well-Known Member

It’s a shame really the effort they put into the concept art is far more impressive than the movies themselves and the stories they tell.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    EDIT
    Releasing those ww2 posters with transformers was a big mistake.

[​IMG]

Why couldn't they at least use this as a base for Starscream poster is beyond me.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Well, it was a short order.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus @DiddlyDipstick on Twitter

This whole “old paintings and even propaganda featuring Cybertronians” thing is so fucking stupid. Who the hell would spend such a long time painting a huge artistic representation of something that’s supposed to be top secret???

You could argue that it was for just the other members of the secret transformers organization to see, like a sort of reference image, kind of like how now you would expect top secret files to have photographs of top secret stuff so that people know what it looks like. But then why the hell would you obscure them under a cloak? Why would you even make it a pretty lil’ painting if virtually no one is going to see it? It would make much more sense to just draw a basic contour sketch of the robot so they know what it looks like.

And it’s the same with the propaganda. That stuff is meant to be hung on a wall in public to persuade people to join the army, buy war bonds, just generally support the country, etc. So why would you put a top secret alien on a piece of media whose sole purpose is to be seen by as many people as possible?

Shit. It’s 9 p.m. and tomorrow is the last day before I have to go back to school, and I haven’t finished my AP Biology homework, but here I am complaining about a poorly thought out background detail among millions of other poorly thought out background details in an overall shitty year-old movie that will probably be made completely irrelevant by the possibility of a reboot coming as early as three months and 19 days from now. This franchise has ruined me.

• Like Like x 2
  10. optimusbee

optimusbee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The last part is me except instead of AP Bio homework, it's AP Literature haha.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Artistodave

Artistodave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I know Right? A whole movie could've been revolved around that concept

12. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    People also seem to forget that literally half the planet was annihilated in TF3. I'm pretty sure the cybertron we see in TF5 is the leftovers spread out.

• Like Like x 3
  13. BeePrime_WFCTX_106023

BeePrime_WFCTX_106023 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly, like how much of a dumbass complainer can someone be.
    It's not that the filmmakers didn't give a shit, it's that Cybertron was nearly obliterated at the end of DOTM. Thats why it looks the way it does in TLK.

• Like Like x 1
  14. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And that is something I am not able to understand. Script from TLK has been written in "writting room" and like always, every new Bayformers movie just bring mess in story on deny something from previous movie.

15. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    To be honest mild tweaking can make this whole TF history nonsense a filmworthy story for itself

16. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

World War One or maybe the early Interwar.

I keep wondering how Screamer was supposed to transform into anything like that with his modern day jet fighter kibble. But I guess they've stopped giving any care to the bot transformations around the Age of Extinction.

Kind of wondering what those airplanes are because I've got troubles identifying the type. Might even be a Photoshop creation.

• Like Like x 2
  17. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Well-Known Member

Wow, those Canopy concept pics are pretty heavy. What tone was this movie supposed to have?
    I mean, Chicago didn't feel THAT apocalyptic in the movie. It wasn't crawling with orphans.

Just more wasted potential. What else is new.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lazlow007

Lazlow007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    luis-guggenberger-e75-crypton-moon-lg-v006-001.jpg luis-guggenberger-e75-crypton-moon-lg-v008-001.jpg luis-guggenberger-e75-crypton-moon-lg-v010-001.jpg luis-guggenberger-e-cybertron-160120-cybertron-piece035-lg-ilm.jpg luis-guggenberger-e-cybertron-160120-cybertron-piece036-lg-ilm-2.jpg luis-guggenberger-e-cybertron-160125-cybertron-piece041-lg-ilm.jpg luis-guggenberger-e-cybertron-160126-cybertron-piece049-lg-ilm.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  19. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK, learning about the different materials that make up the Cybertron pieces is actually pretty cool.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Valley Forge.jpg

• Like Like x 12