The big picture

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Snake_eyes1975, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All in all I am pretty amazed with everything that has happened regarding TF3 so far.

-The toys were launched before the movie hit, in such mass quantities everywhere, you really dont hear anyone bitching about not being able to find stuff except the certain item.
    -The sheer volume of stock, and the incredible flow of new waves and product...Ive NEVER seen it like this before for any movie or toy line..We were getting wave 3 stuff a week after "launch"
    -The ingenious marketing of the movie so far. Noones seen the movie...yet with the trailers, toys, and images some of these guys, like the 3 wreckers, its like we already know em...they are already part of the TF universe and have fans...just like crankcase...and the movie isnt even out..
    -"exclusives" that are abumdant and easy to find from almost every major retailer right off the bat

As for the toys

Cyberverse Commanders to me are the BIG suprise. They are way more fun than i would have ever thought. My son LOVES them and we play with them all the time. If I put ALL my gijoes and TFs on the floor for him, (which I do sometimes) he will run to the cyberverse stuff. I have almost all the cyberverse stuff except legions..and he LOVES the lil playsets...LOVES EM...WINNING Hasbro...WINNING

Deluxes are pretty much what I expected. Not much really mindblowing with them. There are a few that REALLY standout...Topspin...Starscream.. def got a lil smaller though in some cases

Voyagers are kinda a let down with Shockwave being the best thing in the voyager line up, with IMHO a couple real stinkers, and mediocre TFs. They seem to have def gotten alot smaller

Leaders have been impressive in general. I have all three now, My least fav is Ironhide, with BB seriously impressing me with Stealth force mode, but coming up seriously wank in bot mode, and Sentinal Prime just an all around fantastic Toy

Mechtek....Sooo much bitchin about "dumb ass mechtek" before launch, and now it seems the majority LOVES it (like me< I thought it was dumb, now I really look at the mechteks)

So far...The entire TF3 buildup has been imressive. Hasbro has hit a home run, and the movie hasnt even launched. has it EVER been like this before?!?!?! I dont think so.

Yesterday, I had a big Birthday party for my 1 year old daughter. There was about 35 people there. At one point or another, Im pretty sure everyone was talking about the new TF3 movie coming out at one time or another.

So what do you guys think?

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's good if the movie stuff is your thing, but it's kind of a slow period if you are looking for things that aren't movie related.

Personally I'm looking forward to late fall or winter when the Transformers Prime stuff hits or any new Classics style stuff that might come out late this year or early next year.

3. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

What I think is if you think the voyagers are a let down you need to go get a Skyhammer.. badly.

On the other note, you failed to mention the sub-line that rule the entire toy line anyway, the HA basics, so much fun for the price, best value out of transformers in years.

4. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Your absolutly right. I completley forgot to include those, and Im a HA fanboy

The Ha basics have been IMHO the best bang for the buck for PLAY value...Weapon modes for your big TFs...decent to GOOD vehicle modes, Decent to GOOD robot modes, and so many of the "Fan made" mech suit modes. These are a HOMERUN as well.

I failed to mention, possibly my most favorite transformers since HA jazz...HA roadbuster. I really feel that this engineering and construction of that one is just stunning.