The Big Picture-Untransformed

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by Chaos Prime, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

2. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Hey look...a tumble weed! Neat!

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Since there is another thread with the exact same video, just some links below, I don't really see the need for this one.

But since I'm here, I'll just copy and paste what I've said:

It was a pretty good analysis [like for why Michael Bay remains as the head of the franchise thus far, though I already know that, and why the movies suck even though I disagree with him], but a flawed one at points.

For instance, the guy is saying TF had to be dumbed down for the movies, that man clearly hasn't watched anything before the movies if he thinks the movies dumbed down the concept, it's the other way around, the movies were the first to explain why Cybertronian and human tech is interchangeable and the first main franchise to expain why they speak english [besides a very off-hand mention in a G1 Comic wich had a completely different explanation], that's the exact opposite of dumbing the concept down, regardless of your taste for the movies.

Same goes for citing WFC as the perfect example of TF media, seemingly not realizing the difference between a video game and a blockbuster movie, which means, how goddamn expensive those robots are and why they need human screen-time to fill it.

Other than that is matter of opinion [such as the movies aiming for the dumb masses], pretty solid analysis, but those two points kind of break the leg of his argument.

4. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

It's already posted? Is it in the movie forum? I looked in the video forum and didn't notice anything. Oh well. If the mods wish to close it then so be it.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a WFC movie if it were animated, and direct to dvd.
    I get that we need a human character to help the plot a long. I think my biggest gripe about the humans was that there were so many of them, and most robbed the Transformers in the spot light.

5. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

No, it's on the Video forum [the VIDEO THINGY] thread below yours.

And yes, human characters are annoying, we got that, the problem is that this guy's analysis assumes we can have a movie without humans and work well.