The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

I don't it's their fault. They're just not getting the stock from Hasbro and are unable to solicit preorders. I just don't know why Hasbro is changing how they're dealing with them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    ironicly that is so they supposedly get a better deal and actualy get there prodcuts meanwhile other places dont have there hands tied are doing much better then them and seem to be getting there products well before bbts, it seems a very one sided deal at the moment

3. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

I'd be careful about cancelling preorders like that. You never know when Target and Walmart will feel safe to suck again and online shops might not be able to ramp back up as quickly as you'd like.

4. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Unless you collect film figures, the online stores are going to start looking better for a while.

5. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Good point. The only counter would be a situation where they don't get the stock later on. Hasn't happened much, but I remember issues with the Waspinator wave a few years ago. I've been conditioned to buy when I see them (retail or standard e-store) because stock can dry up and you miss out. It's a no win for all of us really.

6. nycPrime

nycPrime Well-Known Member

I also have Brawn and Roadburn on PO from BBTS and thought it was strange all these stores are getting stock before them. I thought BBTS was the biggest game in town. I was shocked when Toy Dojo even had the next wave TR Legends in stock at regular retail price. I know they were offering early overseas versions at a premium price, but this was not the case. And I'm seeing reports of people finding BW and Octane in stores, while BBTS doesn't even have a PO up? What's going on?

7. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

I hear that, I was just conditioned to preorder at BBTS because there is no finding much of anything locally for me. If I wasn't so turned off by the HeadMaster gimmick, I'd be pulling my hair out over the lack of preorders.

They may have made a more favorable long-term deal with Hasbro Asia when it became clear that Hasbro US was going to keep playing these games.

8. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Broadside and Brawn/Chase are the first preorders I've cancelled in a very long time. I am in the same boat as distribution here has been terrible for years. I did buy Black Shadow via Amazon as he was in stock before BBTS even put up orders. I do like the gimmick and yes..it is quite maddening at times (as much as a toy hobby can be) with the sporadic distribution and preorders. I ordered Seaspray from Toy Dojo (he's awesome) because I'm worried the way things are right now. It so odd to have had wave 5 figures before finishing wave 4. Now we're running up against the end of the line and that always causes a commotion (and we don't even know what else is in wave 5 yet, Titan Masters besides Ramhorn or if Overlord is even in the wave anymore. No cross sell) and the frustration and uncertainty mount. But hell...I finally shipped my wave 4 deluxes, so there's a win.

9. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I found Octone and Blitwing already, it seems like BBTS is starting to become the slow boat like TFsource is...And all the Targets I've seen have plenty of Brawn and Roadburn...

10. Spumoni Dingo

Spumoni Dingo GPN Official Spotter

News Credits:
    Unique Toys has preorders up for a Swindle and Brawl.
    BigBadToyStore.com Search
    Both character names, as well as the team name, are direct rip-offs of World of Warcraft characters, which seems like asking for trouble to me.

11. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

I know right? Hell, I haven't seen BW and Octane at any of the other big e-stores either.

12. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Perhaps Hasbro offered more stock to Brick and Mortor for taking TLK product. This stuff happens behind the scenes for companies.

13. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Makes sense seeing as how they seemed to show up at the same time:peoples: :peoples: ...

14. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Pretty much how I feel. I'm still waiting for Brawn/Roadburn to come in at BBTS however my TR Legends Seaspray from TCP just arrived today at the Post Office. Dont plan on cancelling though since the local Wally (only place in town) hasnt stocked ANY Legends since Rewinds wave last summer. Like others have said though, I dont blame BBTS for this but it sucks they are getting the shaft by other places getting stuff first. It's the thrilling 30 Generations Springer/Blitzwing situation all over again.

15. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

Are we talking about stores in the US having Blitzwing & Octane, or people in general already getting them? Because if it's people in general, then it's the Philippines and other areas in east Asia, which has been getting everything a couple months early. If it's stateside, then that's crazy, because I thought they weren't supposed to be out til after the movie stuff.

16. Spumoni Dingo

Spumoni Dingo GPN Official Spotter

News Credits:
    I've seen people reporting getting them at US Targets.

• Like Like x 1
  17. atomD21

atomD21 Well-Known Member

I snagged both of them at a Target near Dayton, Ohio last week! They are still a bit sporadic, but they are stateside, and they are awesome.

18. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Each of the 5 Targets in my area got one case all on the same day. Was quite odd.

19. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The other interesting thing I'm seeing is that after the BW/TO wave has left Target is restocking Broadside after it along with wave 2 TR deluxes...so yeah something's off right now with the BNM stores...

20. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Saw the same with Sixshot. Target had him, then stocked Blackshadow. Now back to Sixshot.