The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's something wrong when I get a package all the way from China in about 9 days and from BBTS in 12+ days. I'm a patient person, but I'm also a realistic one. I requested them to ship my PoL on Monday and checking today, it is still being processed for shipping. Really? In addition, every package goes past my city (Eastern WA), goes to Oregon, then back to WA, which that alone is a 2-day process.

TCP = Much faster. Sadly, they don't have the inventory that BBTS has. I love TCP to death, though. Their customer service and fast shipping is A+++

I may try Toy Dojo. But again, nothing seem to match BBTS's inventory and selection.

I would rather pay $6-10 shipping and free for ordered $150+ and get faster deliver from BBTS than the $4 thing they have going on.

2. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Look, Walmart pricing is not MSRP. That's retail. MSRP on a deluxe is $20 now. After the initial shipment, that you noted, even TFs linger for much longer than in the past.

You're adding to their actual prices here or confusing Takara with Hasbro. Legends are $12. Deluxes are $20. Leaders are $55 except evil Rodimus. They're all less ordered by the case ($10.50 legends, $18 deluxes, $50 leaders). This is just like what happened with TRU, everybody's imaginations turning "usually the same as Target" and "$1 more than Walmart" into "super expensive" and "50% more than everybody else." Voyagers are the only part of POTP where they're a ripoff and that's probably because those cases are so damned lopsided. Grimlock is subpar but Starscream is downright embarrassing. I wouldn't have offered POTP voyagers at all if I was calling the shots. Or titanmasters or legends for that matter. Let everyone work themselves up driving from Walmart to Walmart to save that sweet 12 cents on rollback.

Oh, and did anybody pop in and check out AJ's Toy Chest when he advertised Evil Rodimus for $52 while everybody was moaning about the BBTS price?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TGS1985

TGS1985 Well-Known Member

Oh, I know that's normal for China, that happens ALL the time, but haven't seen it happen with a domestic shipment in a long time.

4. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Really hope they actually do something for me here.

I ordered Kingzilla on ebay and Kingorilla on BBTS.....except I didnt. I realized today, when I went to ship my PoL, that I wound up ordering Kingzilla both places. Because it's been 7 days, I can't cancel Kingzilla and buy Kingorilla instead. Didn't ship my PoL. It's all just sitting there.

Emailed customer service and messaged on facebook. I don't need two of the same figure. Both Kingorilla and Kingzilla are the same price. Both are in stock. Nothing has been prepped for shipping or set as warehousse. It shouldn't be a problem, but I know it will be. They weren't very helpful when they shipped me a broken toy last summer.

5. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    If it's already I the warehouse, I don't think orders can be changed. It also wasn't their fault, so they shouldn't have to fix it.
    I remember some time back, maybe last year, that I was in the same boat with having something in the warehouse but not needing it. Their policy clearly states when changes are no longer able to be made, so I was SOL as well. I accepted it though because, like this example, it was my own fault.

6. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

It's not at warehouse. I never hit ship. It's just Pile of Loot status. So it's just words and numbers on their computer. Nothing done physically.

7. Dachande

News Credits:
    If it was in your PoL for over (I believe) seven days, they won't allow for it to be pulled. At the very most they will give you credit.

8. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    That'd work for him though, take the store credit, get kingorilla and use the credit, all good and everyone's happy.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dachande

News Credits:
    Yeah, good point.

10. TGS1985

Thought I share this tidbit in case anyone interested...

I shipped my BBTS pile of loot the Friday before last (3/16). It included a Legends Bumblebee, PotP Sludge, Snarl and Wave two Prime Masters. It arrived yesterday (3/24), 8 days later.

I ordered the OS KO Iron Factory Wings of the Tyrant (not) Starscream from TF-Direct last Thursday (3/22). It's already in San Francisco ready to go out which more than likely means a Tuesday delivery (3/27) in my neck of the woods, California. That would end up being 5 days.

BBTS is in Wisconsin, USA and shipping was $4. TF-Direct is in China and shipping was free. Don't know really what to make of this. I'm okay with both arriving within a week, but it kind of amazes me China beat Wisconsin. That all said, BBTS definitely still has TF-Direct beat on selection of course.

11. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Not all shipping is created equal. I don't know what kind of shipping TF-Direct uses, but BBTS's $4 shipping is non-expedited shipping (AKA 'normal' shipping unless you're one of those Amazon Prime people who think getting things next day is 'normal').

12. TGS1985

Right, but TF-Direct was free which usually the cheapest/slowest option. They even quoted me 9-20 days which seems to be the norm from my Chinese ebay purchases. Maybe I just got lucky this time.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  13. PGaither84

PGaither84 Just a guy

All this talk about prices, and I live in Lima, Peru, where almost everything is double the price you all list.

The current exchange rate for the PNS (Peruvian Nuevo [New] Soles) is about 3.2.

Where I shop, Titans return Delux figures are 90-115 PNS, or abput $30+.

Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus and Sound wave are about 280+ PNS, or about $87.

I got a great deal in Feb on a Hasbro MP10 Tous R Us reissue for 950PNS ($295), from the sticker price and local collector value of 1,300PNS ($400).

So, I wanted to share some perspective.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Because TF-Direct and all Chinese sellers are subsidized by higher USPS rates for domestic mail. Read up about the ePacket scam. That's why eBay seems to be so full of knockoffs the last several years. People look at a domestic seller and go "$7 Priority from PA? Good Lawd that's alotta money! Ping34582(notrogueyet) in Kungpow Province has FREE shipping!" You can't eat $7 on a $15 figure, so you get out or at least get out of eBay or any other venue trying to strangle a 20% commission out of you on top of promoting counterfeiting competitiors.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  15. TGS1985

I'm quite aware of how Chinese shipping works, but I think you're missing my point. I'm not complaining that BBTS is charging me for shipping. I'm criticizing them for taking longer than a out of country shipper whose system to the best of my knowledge involves shipments being held at port until a large enough shipment is available to go out to the same place instead of regularly. Again I admit that I might have gotten lucky on this one for shipping so quickly but still I would expect BBTS to at least match 5 business days with a weekend in between for paid shipping. Not horrible, but also not great.

16. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  17. Dachande

News Credits:
    They were $90. Apparently they're $100 now
    NOT surprising.

18. EightBitHeart

EightBitHeart normal regular human

I don't feel like I've hotly anticipated a release more than I have Abominus. The staggering of the limb release is one thing, but I've been waiting for the Voyagers to get into stock for what feels like months. Years? Time has lost all meaning at this point.

Has anyone gotten an email saying that an order will be processing soon? I don't mean for the Voyager wave specifically, I just mean in general. I don't recall getting a single one this year.

19. Dachande

News Credits:
    I've had two orders just pop in to my PoL. I really do miss the pre-notices. At least I could back out if necessary.

20. Steelfire

Steelfire Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1