The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Flash1087

Flash1087 Department of False Hope

Ebay:
    I pre-ordered the whole wave because I super want Tailgate and a friend of mine is buying the Duocons off me, and mine is still on pre-order too. My last Wave 2 preorders are them and a single Elita-One and I haven't gotten any movement on either of those yet.

2. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie NYEH HEH HEH

Yeah mine are still on preorder too. I can wait since I'm trying to build up my POL.

3. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Sidearm from FansProject is up for preorder at the bargain price of $5.99.
    Did I miss something here?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Wave 2 deluxes hit my pol. My singles of hungurr and the duocons still on preorder. Which is fine since I found them in stores.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Just
    Excess stock they bought that no one else wants.

6. MrVanimal

MrVanimal Well-Known Member

Wave 2 deluxe set hit my POL. I do the 4 dollar shipping so hopefully I'll have them in a week or so.

7. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

Just ordered the wave 2 deluxes and Computron last night.... when should we expect those deluxes to ship?

8. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hit ship on Friday night, was in processing from Monday- early Thursday morning, finally shipped. A bit longer than usual, but it was a big PoL, and the Big Powered's just came in.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't know if this is helpful to anyone, but just as a single person's anecdote:

I averaged all of my BBTS payment date to shipment date times (from start of processing to shipment date) for the last year, and I got approx. 5 days. The shortest was same day, with the longest being 9 days. So if the average holds true, for example, my two dinobot deluxes which started processing on Tuesday should ship around Saturday at the latest. That's about what I've experienced generally, at least in the last 12 months.

• Like Like x 1
  10. char_leigh

char_leigh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's been my personal experience with BBTS over the last year. Very similar -- I've had many orders this past year take 4-5 days from payment to shipping. I remember a few years ago, my items would ship the SAME day a payment was made -- that was great. If I paid for something on Monday or Tuesday, I'd usually get it by Friday (I use UPS Ground). But nowadays, it'll take almost a week for me to get my item after payment. Sorely disappointed with their slower warehouse time this past year.

11. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My PotP deluxes dropped Monday. It is now friday. My PoL - which has the PotP Wave 2 deluxes and prime masters, and one eaglemoss starship, has been "processing" for 5 days.

This is my last BBTS order. I've canceled all my pre-orders. They've lost it completely. Ever since they swapped to their new website and brought back $4.99 flat rate shipping, their best-in-class operation has gone completely to shit.

I don't normally complain about services, and am a patient person, but an entire business week to process a few action figures is absurd. And then it takes 10 days to actually travel to Massachusetts. I might as well be ordering from Japan directly.

Congratulations BBTS. I was once one of your biggest fans. Now I wonder what the hell the point of you is anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  12. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I still hold to the theory, never hit ship when hot items come in (such as the Wave 2 Legends and Deluxes). I hit ship Friday around 6 pm (again the biggest arrival looked like the TT Mal lexc. Big Powered) because I was hitting close to the 90 day mark with the first items. I did this knowing they would not start on it till Monday morning. I also realized I had a 2.9k PoL which had over 60 individual items, 15 of which were POP's. I think that's not a terrible turnaround.

13. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It takes 10 days to get to you in MA? Once BBTS has shipped after waiting several days for them to do so, it has always been under a week to get to me in Lowell. That doesn't take into account my latest shipment which actually will be 10 days. However, that was due to the package getting delayed a few days due to Skylar.

14. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

When do you all think LG-EX Metroplex will drop at BBTS? I heard he's been delivered at other outlets.

15. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    So question for you guys. Do you call BBTS and let them know how unsatisfied you are with their service. I mean, I hope they read these forums, but if they don't, maybe you should let them know.

16. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I live in MA, and I’m STILL waiting on a delivery from a 3/5/18 POL drop.
    Tracking says it’ll arrive on Monday (2 whole weeks after the items hit my POL). I get that it’s cheap shipping ($4 really is a great deal...) but at this rate it should be free!

Besides being slow, I’ve never had any issues with them. I typically vote with my wallet, and will likely stop using them as often.
    Although with TRU closing, who knows...
    This really is an opportunity for them to step up their game (maybe hire a handful of needy ex-TRU staffers?). I remember BBTS being much faster and more reliable 5+ years ago.

17. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Sapienbot

News Credits:
    Their slow turn around on processing time is my biggest issue with BBTS at the moment. If you want an item fast, they are not the retailer of choice. I still find their packaging, POL, preorder system, and customer service to be top tier. Their pricing and receiving times have fallen off the past few years. Their lack of a loyalty program feels odd as well. Though I'm not sure what they should have. Personally, since I sit on my POL forever the slow turn around doesn't affect me, but I see where it is a big bummer for others and should be mentioned to them.

I was really bummed to see wave 2 Prime Masters were so expensive. I was also disappointed their was no "set of 4"or "case of 12" option at a reasonable price. I checked Entertainment Earth and they are also upcharging on wave 2.

18. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Wow. Lot of other MA collectors here. It does take awhile, but I'm patient. It's not Amazon, sure, but I can at least reliably find the figures I want. Some things are worth the wait.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rewind

Rewind A Heckin' Chonker

News Credits:
    I just emailed them today with my first complaint about their service in 15 years. I have always had excellent service and turn around time with them but something changed in the last year and it’s really gone to hell. I’m pretty tolerant so I didn’t complain right away but after the fifth order taking forever to process and then getting poor customer service when asking about it (they basically lied saying it was in the warehouse and about to ship even though its not and, surprise, still hasn’t changed past processing). I finally let them know what I’ve been thinking and how much it pains me to make a complaint after 15 years of, honestly, the best service I’ve ever had online or in any store. Sucks. :( 

20. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My PotP Sludge & Snarl just shipped.

• Like Like x 1