The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

I don't think it serves their interests to chase that segment of the market. They don't benefit from serial flakes, subsidizing shipping on sub-$100 orders, or the negative publicity of having to charge MSRP because of the screwjob Hasbro, that amorphous blob slowly but surely consuming the entire industry, is doing on them.

Honestly, if anything they need to find some small way to reward customers that rarely cancel preorders, pay actual shipping costs, and regularly go for collector condition boxes. With TRU being murdered in broad daylight and people cheering, I'm angry enough to not even set foot in a Target or Walmart toy aisle for a long time. Yet, this bundling nonsense is really putting me off. Look, I get the financial aspects and I know I'm a casual collector outside of TFs, but I'm willing to take some of these slow moving figures at retail price if I can get some of the more desirable ones without buying an entire case. As is, my preorder list is a little thin after May.

Unless they're doing better with this model, which is entirely plausible. Sometimes not having the lowest price works out for the best. People who come to you are actually interested and don't have to be chased. If that's the case, keep it up. I like having a reliable place to buy my toys.

Edit: And I'll say this. You're all perfectly free to get a sales tax license (free via your state's department of revenue), open a distribution account (Diamond, GTS, BBCW, Entertainment Earth, etc), and price match Ollies with free shipping on every order. Most of these places will sell you a single case or as few as four units for solid-packed stuff. For damned near retail, shipped whenever they feel like it, with cancellation fees if they allow cancellation at all, and fuck you if it's damaged.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Well, here is a thing. The problem I am calling out is the same you are. What are they doing to reward the loyalists?

In my hayday, I was spending close to $6-8k a year on toys! TOYS! When I am placing a $700 order on TOYS, I should get something for that.

The problem I always had with them, is that there was nothing. I had a broken figure that I opened only after getting my whole combiner team and I had to fight with the tooth and nail for a replacement. I didn't feel treated nicely as my POL was at $600 at that point. To only have to pay for shipping.

I use to order full cases and gift the extras. I didn't cancel my preorders.

When I obviously saw nothing being done for me. I left and tried smaller guys. Trying them and seeing what I got. When I realized that I not only got free shipping, but better communication and over all better service, not only did I pull all my business but actively spoke against BBTS.

The thing is, with any company, what you have to do is listen to the clientele. I think the closest they came was to do $4 shipping and that didn't even happen when I was collecting any longer. The thing I noticed now that I am back is more and more people are also starting to move away. Which goes to question why?

BBTS use to be THE place to go. TFSource screwed their position with the CC mishap they had, and there was very little competition. BBTS lost this position, and one needs to ask why.

Well all the reasons are in this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wave 3 Legends are processing! Edit: To quote Rick Perry 'Oooops', meant Wave 2

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  4. Yaujta

Yaujta Chill dad. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wave 3?

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Magnus is my waifu

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    For a figure I plan to keep MISB, would I be safer pre-ordering from BBTS or Amazon? It's cheaper by $5 on amazon.

6. Ota

Ota Well-Known Member

BBTS has a collector's grade option you can pick to get a good box. Amazon can be hit or miss really. Sometimes a package is in great shape but other times it's tossed around and the box is a mess. If you want a mint box that's wrapped in bubble I'd go BBTS.

• Like Like x 2
  7. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Yup, I've very rarely had an issue with Amazon but NEVER had an issue with BBTS when it comes to boxes.

8. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Sapienbot

News Credits:
    I have had a few shipping boxes from BBTS get beat to hell in shipping, but no damage to anything inside including the item boxes. That was with Standard Grade purchases. With Amazon it is luck of the draw. They sometimes package extremely well. Sometimes they fold a card into a smaller box. Or ship the item box in a shipping box way too big with no packing material to prevent it from jumping around. Or just slap a shipping label on the outside of the item's box with no extra shipping boxes.

9. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Magnus is my waifu

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I preordered at both places for now, I have 3 months to decide. I have Prime, so the only thing really going for amazon is the quicker shipping and if something was wrong with the box they exchanged it quick and easy I think. I'm not sure about BBTS policy on boxes if you don't order collector grade?

10. 80sforged

Ebay:
    Welp, looks like Wave 2 Deluxes are now processing... are Voyagers far behind?

11. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Indeed, my Sludge and Snarl are processing. Dinobots complete at last.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yaujta

Yaujta Chill dad. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I miss getting notices that a pre-order is going to drop. I got the deluxe wave that just hit, plus a few other bigger ticket items coming this month. It would be nice to know they're coming instead of just getting a "we just charged you a shit load of money" notice.

I know Greatshot is at the end of the month, so I'll just wait for him before shipping.
    Gonna be a fun box to open...

13. Flash1087

Flash1087 Department of False Hope

Ebay:
    I just got a Pre-Order Arrival notice for my Deluxe Sludge! Not a moment too soon too, I just ordered Moonracer and Blackwing separately online. Now I just need Elita-1 and the Legends to show up and I'm all set!

14. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    Deluxe wave two is sitting in my POL along with a couple marvel legends I had on PO.

Just waiting in my single figure orders of battletrap then im shipping

15. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, POTP Wave 2 deluxes landed in my Pile of Loot alongside some Marvel Legends.

16. computron179

computron179 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally the last of Dinobots are processing for me.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  17. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Has anyone had their Battleslash and Roadtrap singles drop yet? I assume they're processing for those who ordered all of wave two first, as mine are still listed as a preorder

18. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    mine too

i only got singles since i think tailgate is ugly and they're still on preorder

19. 80sforged

Ebay:
    Kind of annoying to get these wave 2 guys and my PoL is still processing (has been since yesterday), oh well I'll get to see them in June.

20. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    My POL arrived today. MP Sunstreaker arrived scratched (face & spoiler) and LG Slugslinger arrived damaged as well (arm tab that slots into the wing was broken).