The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fansproject Pinchar (Snarl) is processing

2. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Fansproject Blue Armor is processing

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dr. Wu TLK Hound upgrade kit dropped into my POL. A warning/heads up would've been nice...

4. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pc canada wtf? Ships FROM US warehouse but only to Canada. ???? Lol

5. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Same, plus got a 10 day on the HMR Timp's for the Xabungle line. Also, in case anyone didn't notice the POP Immortan Joe and Nux hit the ol' PoL so you know, 'What a day, what a... yadda yadda' and 10 days on POP Coma Doof and Furiosa.

6. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Meh. I figure if I can wait 6 months for a preorder to get to BBTS, I can wait two weeks for it to ship to my door.

7. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    Ive never had an issue with their shipping. I think the most I ever had to wait was 3 days and that was for a very large POL and during a busy week. My last POL shipped in 1 business day

8. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

Just got Takara RID Jazz, Legends Ginrai with Apex Armor, and the FT G2 Grimlock alternate head. I haven't opened my Grimlock yet so it threw me for a loop how huge that head is.

The new POL limit is coming up for my GoBots Blasters, Bulma statues, and SHF Yamcha and it looks like Jaina Solo will be coming along for the ride as well.

9. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    To the fans ordering the Takara figures, is it for the packaging? BBTS has to be ordering a lot less of Takara's stuff now I'd think, unless they do a character not coming out in the States, there's just no incentive for me (and I assume a good chunk of collectors) to pay the extra $5 for the japanese version anymore.

10. RKillian

I ordered Takara POTP Jazz more or less out of spite. I don't see ordering more than two or three others over the life of the line.

11. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame the OG frog girl

Takara's PotP waves 2 and 3 are now on preorder.

12. Tenebre

Tenebre Horrorcon

Hmm, the Dinobots being released under Takara's POTP branding would seem to preclude a release in Unite Warriors, with extra paint apps and a toon deco, as many were hoping. And the Dreadwing duo isn't being released as Buster and Hydra (unless those names are placeholders).

13. RKillian

Huh, there seems to be a bigger premium on the deluxes this time around. $25 for Jazz vs $30 for the Dinobots. That's more than we were paying for pre-TR Legends (better decos, no HM/TM). The voyagers aren't far removed from Legends voyager prices either. I guess I take back my earlier comment...I don't see buying any more after Jazz. My old Japanese distributor doesn't have these up for preorder yet but their first wave prices were a no-go so I don't expect these to look any better if/when they're solicited.

Wonder if Hasbro putting the screws on Takara putting the screws on us here or this is a side effect of BBTS cuttng their orders in half?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  14. TheDecepticon

News Credits:
    Apparently wave 2 requires an additional $5 hike per figure. At $5 more per figure i MIGHT have bought Takara just because ive had better luck in the QC department. But im not paying $10 more per for the same figure.

15. TheDecepticon

News Credits:
    This is just awful. This "unification" is gonna drive business away. Prices go up, quality goes down. Collectors get less and less because no one buys. Wonderful business model.

• Like Like x 2
  16. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Gotcha, I think that part of the cross company toyline integration is going to be using the same production lines, same QC process (if they haven't already), along with the same molds and paint apps. If they don't do that they are leaving a lot of money on the table. I would not expect any difference between the figures in terms of assembly and QC, even those minor tolerance tweaks that we see sometimes from Takara are probably on their way out. I'd be curious to see, but if this is a cost saving measure (and why would it not be) but eventually we might get to the point where the releases happen much closer together or at the same time as they start doing a single run of a mold and packaging it up in lots separately depending who is selling it.

I think the unification is a response to business pressures. Maybe Takara isn't selling toys well enough to justify the added costs and smaller margins and they need to piggyback off of Hasbro's volume to keep selling toys? It's the sort of thing the toy industry has been experiencing for years. High volume mass production toylines struggle to compete against videogames. I remember reading about it as far back as 2010ish?

17. RKillian

I don't know. Businesses past a certain size can do absolutely anything without negative repercussions. Hasbro could simply choose not to pack a toy on every third card, tell us it's just invisible but we're too stupid to see it, and not suffer adverse financial conditions. The little guy, meanwhile, has to fight uphill both ways for every cent.

I read an interesting theory recently along the lines of Goldner being engaged in his industry's version of "Springtime for Hitler." (don't anybody get triggered, it's the subject of a 1967 Mel Brooks comedy)

18. TheDecepticon

News Credits:
    All I know is that the thousands of dollars I spend every year on this hobby will be redirected elsewhere if I continue to get stickers, mediocre paint apps/schemes, etc

• Like Like x 2
  19. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

all signs point to takara doing worse and worse these days. i know they lost a lot of loyal customers when they started charging outrageous prices.

20. RKillian

It'll be a nice break for me too. I can't even drift into other lines anymore because Hasbro has retailers so panicked over assortments and late/deceitful delivery dates. You really can't blame anybody not willing to break up cases these days. Back in November, I wound up with an extra retro Wolverine and couldn't get $20 for it at a toy show. Can you imagine looking at not even being able to get that much for four of the six figures he shipped with combined? You'd have to be nuts, or really invested in your business with no clear way out, to deal with Hasbro these days. But, you know, what stores get stuck with doesn't show up on Hasbro's earnings reports. Only when there's some pushback - nobody responds to a solicitation - can anything possibly change and even then Walmart and Amazon will buy enough to make every other customer look like a rounding error. No matter what a clusterfuck those two are, people will put up with it because they're big and therefore immune to market forces.