The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

Hasbro deliberately withholds solicitations and delays deliveries to customers that aren't Walmart. It started about two years ago with Combiner Wars and RID. At that time, it was just soliciting solid cases that ended up, after months of delays, being leftovers from Walmart or cancelled if Walmart didn't return enough (had that happen enough that I just stopped ordering them). Right at the end of CW, when the G2 box sets were released, was when it started taking the shape we know today. G2 Menasor and Superion just suddenly appeared in stock with no preorder period. Fort Max went up late one night and came in stock the following morning. Much of TR was months late; hell, I, in the worst distribution zone of the continental US, managed to find and flip an Octane and Blitzwing from Target several weeks before BBTS got their shipment in. This is all over multiple lines too...that's why it took BBTS months to start shipping the Marvel Legends retro/vintage and Star Wars 40th waves. Thrilling 30 was the last TF line that wasn't subject to stupid games on Hasbro's end.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mcart

mcart Lighter shade of dork

News Credits:
    You know, I want to call this tin foil hat conspiracy theory BS but it does explain quite a few things! Especially the SW black series 40th that both TCP and BBTS were unable to even tell us if they were coming, let alone when.

Amusingly for the 40th anniversary wave 2 I just recently realized that I just got the full 1977 treatment for this 1977 nostalgia trip. What I mean by this is that since wave 1 I have been looking at a cardboard sheet for wave 2 with the promise that at some point I would be getting those figures. Wow. Way to recreate the experience! Perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  3. matrixprime

matrixprime AJ's Toy Chest Owner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you guys are still waiting for LG Slugslinger I have a couple still in stock. Transformers Legends - LG55: Targetmaster Slugslinger

• Like Like x 1
  4. RKillian

It just wasn't like this a few years ago. They were finally coming around to solid cases in 2014. Then, poof, complete 180. I've heard the same stories from several dealers** across the country too. Some of them can't order Hasbro anymore because they can't sell it by the time they receive their orders. That was my experience too. Couldn't even take preorders because I never knew what'd be cancelled out from under me. That last year I had a distribution account**, I think I ordered one assortment. Pretty strong assortment that never shipped locally (until JCPenney in late 2017) but still DOA. You couldn't pay me to touch Titans Return. Even Combiner Wars, which I liked, was too risky with so many delays and cancellations.

Personally, I don't think the economy's recovered, at least not here. This was the first year I can remember that stores skipped a mid-line wave of TFs*, let alone multiple, and none of them has carried a complete size class range, let alone stocked products from them. Target won't touch leaders and rarely has voyagers in stock. Walmart left their shelves totally bare for about seven months. A large pile of voyager Megatrons showed up two weeks before Christmas and one location finally got Overlord a week after Christmas. Nobody, not even TRU, made space for Trypticon. K-Mart and GameStop were the only places "carrying" SW 40th if you consider a solid case of Leias "carrying" and ML retro was just nowhere. Even Walgreens won't carry its own exclusives locally. That's what makes the embargo even weirder - chain stores here don't want to sell toys, so WTF are they hurting small shops? It's classic scorched earth strategy. Those online shops are a lifeline to many collectors! Kill them and we're back to video games or practically anything _but_ toy collecting!

*Energon drought of 2004 almost did but those three or four missing post-Ironhide*** waves were compressed into two weeks of September.
    **I technically still have a backup distribution account but they don't even offer TFs anymore, likely because of these shenanigans.
    ***Holy cow, I thought E-Ironhide was in the last wave with Overcast. Nope, explains alot in retrospect.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  5. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Galvatron (G1)

Huh, that is interesting, got more info?

6. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

BBTS killed my pre-ordering TFs with them by raising the prices. I’m still using them for Star Wars Black and the rare third-party figures that I buy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RKillian

Yet they've raised the price of Legends and Black Series as well and for exactly the same reason - being screwed by late delivery and cancellations that result.

I just started ordering Takara from them instead. POTP poses a really difficult question...do I reward Hasbro for bad behavior or abandon TransFormers? Leaning very much towards the latter.

8. pokemonsdoom

ok, mind showing me a screenshot or something of this?

9. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I figure it's to keep things tidy (and probably cuts down on file storage), but I wish BBTS wouldn't take down so many out of stock item pages. I liked using the listings to keep track of figures, but now my bookmarks of taken down listings don't work. Ah well, thinking about how this must save them storage space, it's too practical for me to be upset about.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

I shipped them Thursday been processing the whole weekend. Hope they go out today.
    Capture+_2018-01-08-07-29-31-1.png

11. Grimlock25

Grimlock25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Potp leaders shipped!

12. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My Leaders are processing now, but still listed as a PO, so it's a slow trickle off arrivals.

13. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

Man I'm a sword in the dark looking to hit a vein with the little data and conjecture and anecdotal inferences that I am using to try and discern some pattern or method to the distribution madness. It sure is fascinating to see a dealer show it in a different light and shed some other side of the equation information on it. Really fascinating shit and I appreciate that you posted it.

This run right here...

"Personally, I don't think the economy's recovered, at least not here. This was the first year I can remember that stores skipped a mid-line wave of TFs*, let alone multiple, and none of them has carried a complete size class range, let alone stocked products from them. Target won't touch leaders and rarely has voyagers in stock. Walmart left their shelves totally bare for about seven months. A large pile of voyager Megatrons showed up two weeks before Christmas and one location finally got Overlord a week after Christmas. Nobody, not even TRU, made space for Trypticon. K-Mart and GameStop were the only places "carrying" SW 40th if you consider a solid case of Leias "carrying" and ML retro was just nowhere. Even Walgreens won't carry its own exclusives locally. That's what makes the embargo even weirder - chain stores here don't want to sell toys, so WTF are they hurting small shops? It's classic scorched earth strategy."

is heavy shit man, Its been years sonce ANY of the toy lines Ive collected have been reasonable to get at retail and I just cannot figure out why. Sometimes I theory or accusation will get some traction only to be blown away by some exception to the rule.

I hope it gets back to the good old days sometime soon, at least back to how it was even before 2012, which is when It seems to me to have gotten the worst... and stayed that way.

BTW if you know anyone into other things like fashion even some consumable goods, it isn't just toys. This seems to have been happening across EVERYTHING to some extent.

14. pokemonsdoom

LEADERS PROCESSING

15. VorZorV

VorZorV Well-Known Member

Leaders processing, let's dance!

[​IMG]

16. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    Maybe its just the cases of both leaders. I just have rodimus on PO and he's not processing at all

17. pokemonsdoom

perhaps, I am just excited to get an optimus to match CW megatron

18. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

Ditto

19. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I don’t order Marvel Legends from them. Unfortunately if I want a SW Black figure, odds are I’m not going to find it at retail.

20. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

I think I'm the opposite. If it wasn't for sites like BBTS I probably wouldn't have even a 1/3 of the figures I do now (over 400). 10 years ago I used to find it fun to drive to the stores here and look for the new toys once I read on here that they were out, a lot of them I could usually find in my stores here within 2 weeks of the first sightings. Not the case now. My wal-mart is crap when it comes to stocking things, especially the toy aisle. I know I'm far from the only one that has issues with their wal mart from what I've read from people all over on here, but I can tell the people at mine clearly aren't there because they like their job most of the time, and it reflects on how the store is ran and managed. I order something from BBTS, and it'll probably be a good 2 months before I'll ever see those same figures on the pegs at wal-mart (if ever). My fred meyer is hit and miss, and they closed down our k-mart this summer. Not that I really bought much from k-mart anyways with how I think they dug their own grave with things beings $10 or higher than wal mart or fred meyer just blocks away (I'm not event talking just toys here). I have 2 Walgreens, but the one closest to me in a pain to get in an out of because they put one of those concrete divider blocks in the middle of the road where I turn to get into it, so when I'm leaving I need to make a left turn to get back to my house, but can't because of that block.....so I have to make a right turn and turn around in another store parking lot just to get back on the road in the right direction <_< The other one is on the other side of town and not a very good location where I feel safe being. From what I could see though when I checked just out of curiosity, it didn't look like they really sold a lot of toys with the pegs overflowing and what they had beings several waves old.

So ya, as you can see I don't have a lot of options retail wise for me, so I'm fine with paying the extra few bucks online because I know at this point theres no point in wasting gas anymore driving around to the few stores I have and knowing 4/5 times I'm probably going to come home empty handed.