The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

This is a situation where I think they should have just put him up solo at a "unreasonable" price. It's a no win situation for collectors and retailers here. They're NOT moving those Hot Rods as he was previously overpacked. Ideally they could have offered SS at the $35 and the rest of the case at $10 marked down. Again no ideal situation This time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Do you guys ever email them asking about the status of a Preorder?? Are they accommodating with something like that?

I have had the Preorder for that highly discounted Unique Toys Predaking for awhile now. It says 3rd quarter, but I thought this was something that was going to come in stock quickly?

3. nycPrime

nycPrime Well-Known Member

You'll likely get a generic and unhelpful answer

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I'm usually a fan but BBTS can piss right off with this "buy the whole case" BS. I was considering a movie Dragonstorm, but not when I have to buy the casemate.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    It's the TR voyager.
    I'd cancel my pre-order ifvtuats what it is.
    Is your body ready?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

you could always grab it from HLJ if you don't mind waiting. TLK-30 DX Dragonstorm (Transformers: The Last Knight)

• Like Like x 1
  7. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, dragonstorm is up for preorder, but only with Optimus or megatron. Tell ya what, bbts has been steadily losing my business lately by not allowing figures to be preordered on their own, first slugslinger and now this bs?

8. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love to give BBTS my money to get Dragonstorm, but I absolutely do not want either other leader. What a waste!

• Like Like x 1
  9. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

that is probably 100% what they are feeling too, but they don't get the option from Hasbro, thus to keep their shirts this is the only way they can sell it. Sucks, but the issue still is ultimately Hasbro, since even TCP is selling him only with megatron.

@tigatron2002 I must've gotten the last one, he was $48 for me, since when in stock they discount preorders. I order enough from them his shipping is negligable as well to add to my next warehouse ship.

• Like Like x 2
  11. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hm, may have to keep an eye on that then, when I just looked it was listed at $65

12. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    How can Hasbro tell them they can't split a case for sale?

• Like Like x 1
  13. crazyjw18

crazyjw18 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure it's a frustrating situation for BBTS, but it doesn't seem like a long term viable practice and it is not one I'm willing to support, even with the smaller size classes.

I've seen speculation before that Hasbro might not offer ordering solid cases due to brick and mortar stores (read Walmart) being afraid this would give online stores a bigger advantage over them. If there's any truth in that, it's a shame that collecting via brick and mortar stores is nearly untenable these days for anything past the first couple of waves.

14. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    well for me i never got kup so his mold will be fun, as for rodimus to get slugslinger ill wrap him up and give him to my son for Christmas

15. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Bob Bomber

News Credits:
    No, he was saying that since Hasbro only sells Dragonstorm paired w/Optimus, BBTS has to do *something* to prevent them from sitting on a ton of Optimii (same issue w/TR and Slugslinger - BBTS will never get rid of all the Hot Rods if they sell Slugslinger as a singleton).

• Like Like x 1
  16. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Then they're unlikely to sell their slugslinger very quickly, especially considering the takara slugslinger is cheaper for those that already have kup and hot rod

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Bob Bomber

News Credits:
    Oh, sure. But they don't lose money long term in the process. Some people will get frustrated w/retail and just bite the bullet. It's an unfortunate situation - BBTS can't really win. They can either do this and force their customers to buy figures they don't want/need OR they can use their surge pricing model (e.g. selling Slugslinger for $28 and Hot Rod for $12) OR they can just sit on a giant stock of Hot Rods until the heat death of the universe.

• Like Like x 4
  18. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    Right?

They charged $34.99 for CW Sky Lynx but at least they offered him solo. Packing Dragonstorm with Optimus or Megatron means it's not about moving cases and instead is about moving unwanted stock.

It's setting a dangerous precedent ahead of what we know to be pretty ugly case assortments going into PotP.

Wave 3 already has one repack (Jazz), and Wave 4 only has one new figure (Novastar). It's going to turn into madness for collectors as those waves never make it to shelves.

Hopefully it's just TLK's awful sales and we'll see things clear up once stores abandon that waste of a line. Though if they've already shrank the Transformers section of shelves they're not getting any incentive to ramp back up.

19. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Nonsense. In fact I was in Wal Mart today and they had 3 Pegs of TR Wave 1 figures next to one Hot Rod and 2 Twinfernos.

20. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    HLJ just got more Dragonstorm, I just nabbed one for $50.