The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Skywarp23

Skywarp23 Well-Known Member

Trust me, we are. A few months shy of 37 myself, and I still remember g1s on the shelfs at the local kb toys we used to have. Ah, memories. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  2. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

I've never seen a police Beetle... :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rodimus-Minor83

Rodimus-Minor83 Member

I'm 34 and I still remember G1, granted most of my memories are post movie. I still remember my mom taking me and my older sister to see the TFTM on a hot day in August. We enjoyed it so much we stuck around for the next showing.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember the Christmas of 1985 when they were literally everywhere. My local Kroger's grocery store had an entire aisle devoted to Transformers and half their Christmas area where the flowers normally were sold was lined with boxes of Transformers. I got all three Insecticons there and we'll as a few of the Autobot cars.

People really forgot how much these things were everywhere. The younger fans have never seen Transformers at its peak. Even the new movie stuff never sold like the 1985 line. Hasbro made a billion dollars in toys sales that year from just Transformers. They haven't made that in ten years of movie toys. Yeah, the movie box offices have broken a billion, but the actual toy sales have never approached those 1985 levels. That's why that era of Transformers is still everywhere. It literally was everywhere and it is what casual fans remember the most.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Diecast G2

Diecast G2 Transtectorless

News Credits:
    I'm curious, you got a source for the sales in 1984/1985? I've always read that the 2007 movie toyline outpaced G1.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was widely reported back in the day. Hasbro repeatedly stated that they have never had sales that high since. Even adjusted for inflation.

• Like Like x 1
  7. chris settlemoir

chris settlemoir Well-Known Member

this is titan master wave 5

8. chris settlemoir

imm 31 and love g1

9. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I got confused to what thread I was in. :lol  What are we talking about? Almost 33 here and I grew up with season 3 G1 and then Beast Wars. I have memories of the G1 toys only.

10. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But do you remember g1 from when it was on air from 84-87? 31 means you were born in 85, so you were 2 when the cartoon ended. The assertion I originally quoted was that execs in their 20s and 30s remember g1 from their childhood however it is much more likely that they would remember beast wars instead

11. Johntimus Prime

Ah. Dammit, I wanna know when Slugslinger is coming. Him, Trypticon, and possibly Headmaster Arcee if I can even get her are gonna be my last TR buys...then we have to impatiently await PotP preorders.

12. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow cue the lawsuit from Disney, and get some Linsay Lohan jokes ready.

13. Johntimus Prime

If they do turn him into a Beetle, I'd love to see a design similar to that abandoned (for Volkswagen reasons) Alternators concept:

tfcl_bb7(2).jpg

14. chris settlemoir

Where i was at theu ran reruns. And the toys were srill around i was little when our. K mart went out and found. A g1 jazz in rhe shelves and scooped him up

15. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fair enough, I barely remember the g2 reruns and the earliest figures I remember seeing in stores were rattrap, terrorsaur and snapper, but you do have a few years on me :p 

16. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Just wanted to say the order I hit ship on on the 3rd was shipped on the 8th (with $4 shipping) and arrived on the 11th. So they're not always slow. I hope everyone doesn't have to wait much longer.

17. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...5 days to ship is not slow?? It took 8 days for you to receive your shipment. That's insanity. Yeah, you used the $4.00 shipping, I get it, but it shouldn't have taken them 5 days to even ship it.

And the 3 days for slow ship to get to you? That's more a credit to the carrier stepping up their game, and not any for BBTS and their "let's box this as slow as possible" mindset.

Have we become that spineless we're glad they even just spit on us after we've spent $1,000.00s with them?

Ugh. No. I've bought my right to complain. 8 days, with any shipping method is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Johntimus Prime

Package I hit ship on will be here Wednesday because I sprung for UPS. It was only $11, which is worth it to actually get it at a reasonable date.

19. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I went ahead and pre ordered the Takara version of Slugslinger. Since he's a final wave figure and supposedly the only new one in the case, figure ordering Takara would be the easiest option.

20. Diecast G2

Diecast G2 Transtectorless

News Credits:
    I think I've given up on BBTS getting any Hasbro pre-orders in the future. But it's not like Walmart is bothering to stock their empty generations pegs, so I dunno.

I've been an on-and-off member of various parts of the online fandom since I was 12 and I've never heard that, so I looked into Hasbro's profit reports on their website and RotF (which, iirc, is when Transformers sales peaked) had 592 million in toy sales.

I can't find an annual report from them for 1985, but I did find a New York Times article from August 1985 that states Hasbro as a whole company was going to just slightly clear 1 billion in profit from all their products, not just Transformers. Transformers did not pull in 1 billion by itself in 1985.

Adjusted for inflation, Hasbro, as a whole, pulled in less than 2.5 billion in 1985 whereas the company made over 5 billion in 2016.

Hasbro still only controlled 18% of the toy market even at the peak of G.I. Joe and Transformers. G1 may have been a juggernaut in the toy/cartoon world, but it's not like the world stopped turning when G1 ended.

• Like Like x 4