The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Man, now I see what you guys were saying with slow shipping. My Misfire, Octane and Blitzwing have been sitting at 'Processing' for a week now. Maybe even longer. Wondering if they 'filled' my order but didn't actually set aside the stock of something.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lordcryotek

lordcryotek “My memory’s a bit… what’s the word… dishes.”

I have the same trio ordered and they aren't even to the processing phase yet! I'm going to give them till Monday until I cancel everything, but I'm definitely moving to a different company after this.

4. Blackdragon27

Blackdragon27 Well-Known Member

Surprisingly all of those hit my pile of loot but I'm waiting forever for my siege set to hit. As soon As that hits I'm shipping

• Like Like x 1
  5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

It's irritating to see people with misfire and other wave 5s in their pol. I literally ordered mine within hours of the preorder going up. Wth?

6. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    This right here. I'm really trying to be patient with BBTS and they have been good to me in the past but if I can find Misfire and Octone/Blitzwing somewhere else in stock, I'll probably cancel. I hate it for BBTS too because I think its more Hasbro not getting them the stock they need which is ironic since BBTS supposedly has a direct account with Hasbro.

7. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

The most frustrating thing for me has been BBTS' tepid attempt at keeping up on TLK. This line makes up for the underwhelming DOTM and AOE series by a lot, and yet they barely even acknowledged preorders after wave 1 and who knows where the orders for stuff like Dragonstorm and new 'bee are.

• Like Like x 1
  8. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I kind of wish they would solicit some of the Takara TLK figures especially Takara only variations like Caliber Prime. But if they did, I would gladly put in a pre order for a Takara Cogman in case he ends up like DOTM deluxe Leadfoot.

9. Johntimus Prime

Yeah. I got Calibur Prime, and what a difference the new tooling makes. It takes a decent mold with missed potential and cranks it up to "top 5 of the year toy".

10. chris settlemoir

chris settlemoir Well-Known Member

Good morning Chris,

We unfortunately are still awaiting more inventory to arrive before we can process more pre-orders. I do apologize for this delay, and hopefully more product will be arriving sooner than later. is towards my wave five

11. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The entire TLK line has been completely bizarre. It's almost as if Hasbro didn't really care and just wanted to get back to Generations. I kind of wonder if Michael Bay's cut on the merchandise (including toy sales) factors into it.

I mean, first we get Dinobot repaints and a few new molds. The most interesting molds and Masterpiece class aren't released until months after the movie - something of a flop - debuted, rather than before. Much of the toyline focuses around blocky "kids toys" rather than collector toys. It's even strange that the new Voyager Scorn mold is coming out in his AoE colors rather than the new TLK Dinobot coloration. It's completely out of place.

AoE was a strange line, but this makes that look normal. And of course, both pale in comparison to RotF.

12. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I have the same order as you do and don't even have a processing yet for any of them. Just count yourself lucky that you do have that as myself and others don't have anything yet on them.

13. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

I have something that's been in processing for over five days... and it was in stock when I ordered, and still is lol. Go figure.

I think part of it is supply issues with Hasbro, and part of it is just that they're kind of high volume and therefore somewhat slow nowadays. And perhaps adjusting to some changes to their business.

14. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

Movie toys just aren't selling. Retailers aren't buying them as much as they are RID or Generations because they've seen that product line shrink in sales each time while the other sectors have tripled and quadrupled in sales at the same time.

Right now Generations is their bread and butter line. Retailers WANT more Generations. Hasbro can't force them to buy Movie toys. I'm wondering if the planned Generations style Movie toys that were leaked were just rejected by retailers, or just delayed as some have speculated.

The Toy Buyers at the major retailers chains tend to be young executives in their late 20s and early 30s. They literally grew up with the 80s characters and want to see more of that cast themselves. The fact that they're selling so well at mass retail is only reinforcing the idea that the 80s characters are the bread and butter of the franchise.

Even the middle range 5-10 year old product line is going to be getting a makeover to use the 80s cast. The movies are getting a VW Bumblebee next go round. I guarantee you that no retailer will turn that away. Shops that could care less about Movie Masterpiece Camero Bee will be screaming for a MMP of that Bee before its ever designed.

I wonder if the new Rescue Bots Academy will ditch the current characters for 80s cast? A show about little Orion Pax on Cybertron?

15. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, except Walmart. They're clearancing out the leaders and Titan masters and the line isn't even done yet.

16. Johntimus Prime

So basically, they still need to wait on more stock and have no idea when they'll start filling orders. This in reference to the Siege set?

17. Johntimus Prime

I recall TF1 and ROTF selling quite well, but after that, sales kinda tapered off for the movie lines. TLK, despite having a slimmer product line with a higher ratio quality, may be affected by the memory of stagnant AoE product. Generations is big because A) it's improved versions of the toys we had as kids with modern engineering and B) older fans' kids seem to love the toys, especially universal gimmicks like combining and Titan Masters.

Maybe kids aren't as into the TFTM series, could be various reasons (since they're PG-13 and have a lot of crude humor, maybe parents don't want their kids seeing that).

I can only speak for myself, but as someone who perpetually finds dinosaurs cool, AoE still didn't do a lot for me as a toy line, and TLK actually is my thing - I love the knight/dragon aesthetic of several of the toys, personally. But maybe BBTS has tried to play it safe and isn't ordering as much TLK product. After all, they're still sitting on a lot of unsold AoE toys.

It won't surprise me if, with diminishing returns on the movie lines, Hasbro completely rethinks its toy strategy for TF6. Retailers don't want product that doesn't move, and TFTM lines are getting worse at the whole "selling" thing. Which is weird, since it could be argued that after something of a toy sales slump for a few years, TFTM1 had, at least in part, sparked something of a toy renaissance and helped boost the industry. Ah, well...

Side note: curious where you heard that in the next major TF movie, Bumblebee will have a Beetle alt mode.

18. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

It was in the press release for the Bumblebee Movie. "she find a car, but this is not your typical VW Bug" or something to that effect. I think we can assume they weren't referring to Barricade.

19. Diecast G2

Diecast G2 Transtectorless

News Credits:
    I'm 28 and just barely caught a few G2 reruns at age 4ish. I don't think anyone in that age bracket "grew up" with '80s characters. If anything they should be demanding Beast Wars.

• Like Like x 1
  20. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yea, im 29 and feel the same way, anyone that grew up with g1, during g1, should be pushing 40 by now

• Like Like x 2