The Best Transformer Toy Ever

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GogDog, Jun 3, 2007.

1. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    The rules:

1. Man-up and pick just one, and only one.

2. Hit the enter key twice and then you can explain why you think it is so.

Example:

Kissplay Hot Rodimus.

His alt mode is beautiful, with a detailed interior and great paint apps missing on US version of the same mold. Fishing-pole that transforms into his trademark three-barreled weapon. Robot mode is also wonderful with great posablility, great use of the car exterior as robot exterior, and wonderfully photogenic.

2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    There are female fans too, y'know? I'm not one, but I'm just sayin'... TFs ain't just a male hobby.

At any rate, it's very difficult for me to name *best* as opposed to *favorite*, because they don't always match -- especially for those of us who've been fans for 20+ years.

With that being said, my all-time favorite TF toy is Jetfire because he was the first I ever owned. It's also a pretty cool toy--highly posable and fun with lots of accessories. And overall very durable -- mine is still in fantastic shape with tight joints even though it saw a lot of playtime back in my youth.

As for the "best", my personal pick is 20th Anniversary Prime. It's about as close to perfection as any TF toy has come: a complete and total homage to the past in a very show/movie-accurate representation with all the improvements of today's toy technology. It also seems to have incorporated all the best elements of all the previous Prime toys released.

And if an official trailer with accompanying accessories ever been released stateside, it would've possibly been the most perfect TF toy released to date.

3. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

1. armada hot shot

2. because he's an armada of hot shots

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    THERE CANNOT BE ONLY ONE! :) 

Right now: Classics Bumblebee

He's the ultimate expression of the classic character

If this thread's still going after a while, you'll get my next "Best ever". :D 

5. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Masterpiece Megatron

Taking an alt mode with next to no meat to work with and producing a great figure out of it is awesome. Simply awesome. Despite not having a working waist in robot mode due to the metal piece blocking it and not having great arm movement, he still rocks solely due to the complexity and how hard it must have been to make him just the way he is. Kudos to the engineers on this project.

6. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP05.

The toy is so f*cking great, it can't even be addressed by the character name.

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Deluxe Movie Barricade

His alt mode is everything a car alt should be. The detailing is stunning for a deluxe. The paint scheme works and is pleasent to look at. I like how the design on the legs make it look kinda like seats inside the car. Just amazing. Transformation is simple, but not in a bad way. The bot mode is impressive and menacing, faithful enough to the movie model. Only complaint is that his hips don't really snap into place that great.

8. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

RID Omega Prime.

Just all sorts of badass

9. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Beast Wars Optimus Primal (ape)

Fun to transform, lots of features and a skull mace.... What toy does not look cool with a skull mace.

10. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Movie Leader Optimus Prime

Realistic alternate mode with rubber tires. Huge. Fun electronics. Awesome transformation with clever automorph gimmicks that really work. Kickass robot mode with excellent poseability. Clearly my ultimate version of that character.

11. TheShape

TheShape Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    MP Prime

I think nothing can top this toy, its perfect.

12. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Classics Bumblebee

A favorite character, awesome update with a great alt mode compromise, very posable, fun to play with, and a great head sculpt.

That's my fave for now anyway.

13. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Wow, picking your favourite TF is frigging hard....hmmm....I guess...

G1 Omega Supreme

Not only is he a TF, but also a space station launch pad. That's frigging awesome. He's also huge, and his tank is motorized and can go around a track. He's the ultimate toy.

14. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Movie Deluxe Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher hates reviews.

15. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Twin Twist

A marvel in engineering, sure to impress anyone who sets eyes on it.

16. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    *walks into room and looks at shelves*

the candidates (my way of mentioning a bunch):
    Armohide, Alt Smokescreen, BW Cheetor, TM Megatron, Movie Ratchet, Movie Starscream.

To me, the best transformer has to go from a defined alt mode to a robot that, while you can maybe tell it transformed from a car,jet, cheetah, etc, you can't tell where all the alt mode parts went or they're integratedreally well. Bonus points awarded for robot mode character. Stability and certain points of articulation are required.

Armorhide - Nice little semi which turns into a tiny little hulk. Well done for the size
    Cheetor - stiff alt mode, but nice integration of the alt mode into a clear robot.
    TM Megs - nice robotic dino, love the robot shoulderpads and fake chest.
    Alt Smokescreen - I'm giving credit to the first here, even though Skids might be the best example. Realistic car, lovely robot designed to match 20 year old toys/cartoon. He seems old hat now, but when he first came out....there were no words.
    Movie SS/Ratchet - Pretty realistic alt modes that turn into detailed robots that you can tell came from a hummer and a jet, but you CANNOT see how at first glance.

Now, who do I deem best? I really want to say Movie Screamer, but I think that has to wait a little as his being 'new' might be skewing my opinion. I'm going to say: Alt. Smokescreen - mainly because I think the best TF has to not be difficult to identify as a TF upon initial inspection. The rest of my candidates are a little more obvious. The reaction when I tell people that those 'cars' from my alt shelf are transformers is wonderful.

17. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    G1 Trypticon.

A big, mean looking motorised dinosaur that transformes into a battle station with a working launcher for smaller TFs, spinning radar dishes (or weapons), fold out helipads, a light-up tower, and also comes with a car that transforms into a smaller robot, and bits that make up a tank with a light up barrel.
    And he even has missiles in his mouth. His MOUTH. Now THAT'S badass.

18. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

RID Prime

He's not perfect; I'd prefer you didnt have to disassemble the back end of the vehicle, and I took off the ladder as I thhink it unbalances the super robot mode (not that keen on the basic robo'ts chest either), but...
    Awesome poseability in both robot modes, great size and stability (Omega Prime is awesome, but Ultra Magnus isnt great in robot mode, and he's not that stable), and just loos awesome! I'd really like the defensor version (that never came out if I'm right, maybe it was a convention exclusive...), but over all; fantastic.

19. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Good god... the best ever you ask?

RiD Prowl/Mach Alert mold in Universe Sideswipe colours.

Simply beautiful car mode (has bucket seats and everything on the interior too!). Tranforms into a robot that, while not fitting in with the more traditional TF aesthetic is still posable and looks all round badass. And he's got two fire sword cannon booster things.

20. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    Before last week, I would've said Soundwave, but now it's:

[​IMG]

I usually just display figs I buy, but this guy is very fun to play with and very sturdy. You don't have to worry about breaking any parts and this is what a Transformer to me should be. Not just a" flip legs out from under and pop out the head", but something that actually has pieces that slide into place and parts being actually transformed around so that your supposed to wonder how it can become it's alt form to a robot.